Silver Lake Dunes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Silver Lake Dunes

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
kdigga2002
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Silver Lake Dunes

I'm looking to take a trip from IL to Silver Lake Dunes and was wondering if any one has stayed in a cottage on the dunes, with a private setting? Looking for some suggestions for where to stay.

kdigga2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
PlatinumOre
2008 JK Wrangler 

theres all kinds of cottages for rent around the dunes (mears) also in hart and pentwater and some right on silver lake, others tucked away on back roads but still with neighbors, but on the dunes though? not sure always thought those were pretty coveted properties.

http://www.vacationsmadesimple.com/v...mes-search.asp

http://www.cottagesonsilverlake.com/...ge=NewCottages

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...-Michigan.html

Don't know anyone that has stayed at any of these places as everyone i know camps it out or stays at same place as i do. But a number of these places look amazing and if you've ever been up there you'll recognize them.
PlatinumOre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 12:27 AM   #3
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

We use to always stay at the Hart motel,it was quiet but didnt like driving the distance to and from dunes on low air pressure and got tired of airing up and airing down,although i have not been there in bout 4 years we did start staying at the dunes water front hotel and the guys still stay there that still go up there but it's very pricey and i only stayed there twice but it is nice,last 2 times i went we camped (didnt like that,both times it rained all weekend)
rfjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
Mooseknuckles
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I've always camped up there. Hotels and cottages are nice, but at $4/gallon, I try to save money wherever I can.
Mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2011, 10:37 PM   #5
daberger
1998 XJ Cherokee 

if your plannin on campin in an rc, silver creek is the way to go, they dont allow tents, all concrete pads, 1st 2 rows are pull through full hookup, heated pool and hot tub, fairly new and is where ive stayed since it opened, other than that you got silver sands hotel, yogi bear, state park, dang so many i forgot some others plus cottages
.‘( ))--)---( ))--=--))
daberger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.