Places in Lake/Porter County? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Places in Lake/Porter County?

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
JoshRyan
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Lightbulb Places in Lake/Porter County?

Im looking for some places to ride around here, i know a few but most of them are private property and the owners arent exactly cool with it. The only place ive found thats okay so far is Central Ave. in Schererville. Anyone know places to ride?

JoshRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
nwiTJdave

That seems to be about it around here. By the dunes state park there's a few unmaintained roads by mt baldy that get a good amount of water on them after good storms like we have had this week.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum App

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 01:33 AM   #3
aarons93yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

we go to a place in dolton illinois from time to time, but daytime riding only, little illegal at night and need permission during the day. there's also a place in griffith but again need permission.....i haven't been to the place in s-ville yet, unless thats that road that has the sign posted "road closed, travel at your own risk" and thats not really that much of a challenge through there, i can take my 2wd f150 through that....lol
aarons93yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #4
sdillinger
1994 YJ Wrangler 

See this thread from earlier this year:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f324/...ng-nwi-780516/

We used to ride dirt bikes at some trails in Dolton on MWRD property just south of the river north of State St/ 142nd if those are the ones youre talking about Aaron. Not bad but they seem a little tight for Jeeps.

Last edited by sdillinger; 07-30-2011 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: add'l info
sdillinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 04:12 AM   #5
aarons93yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdillinger View Post
See this thread from earlier this year:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f324/...ng-nwi-780516/

We used to ride dirt bikes at some trails in Dolton on MWRD property just south of the river north of State St/ 142nd if those are the ones youre talking about Aaron. Not bad but they seem a little tight for Jeeps.
i think i've been where your talking, but thats not the place i was thinking of, most people know the place i'm thinking of as the "clay pits"....its under 94 on the south side of the river, you go down paxlon ave over a couple sets of tracks and follow the trackes west till you get there....big wooded area...lots of fun back there, well not anymore, you need at least 40's or bigger now...got dug out real bad last 2 years.
Unread 07-31-2011, 04:19 AM   #6
aarons93yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i do believe we are talking about the same area after looking at some of the roads in the area though....must've been a long time since you've been back there? i've known about the place for 3 years now and the trails were wide enough for some large trucks even then
Unread 07-31-2011, 07:52 AM   #7
sdillinger
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons93yj View Post
i do believe we are talking about the same area after looking at some of the roads in the area though....must've been a long time since you've been back there? i've known about the place for 3 years now and the trails were wide enough for some large trucks even then
Yeah thats the same place. The last time I was there was around 2006. A friend lives in the neighborhood southwest of there, so we would leave on our bikes and atvs from his house and come in from the west, and ride along the tracks until we got to "the trails" as he called them. He's been riding back there for the past 20 years.

I was only there a few times. I guess I just thought of them more as bike trails because thats what I was on. I remember a large amount of small hills. Cool place but the mud smelled funny.
sdillinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
aarons93yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

if you wanna get yer jeep a lil muddy, i'll be sure to shoot you a pm if your up for it next time we head out there as a group, rule of thumb in our club we don't go wheelin with less than 3 trucks, more the merrier though
Unread 08-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #9
sdillinger
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yep let me know if you're going out there, or anywhere really.

I'm in that area M-F for work anyways.
Unread 02-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #10
sdillinger
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons93yj View Post
i think i've been where your talking, but thats not the place i was thinking of, most people know the place i'm thinking of as the "clay pits"....its under 94 on the south side of the river, you go down paxlon ave over a couple sets of tracks and follow the trackes west till you get there....big wooded area...lots of fun back there, well not anymore, you need at least 40's or bigger now...got dug out real bad last 2 years.
It doesnt look like Aaron's on the forum anymore. Anyway, I was in the area this week for for work, so I checked out the trails that we were discussing. It looks like all of the atv trails have been widened out quite a bit for Jeeps and trucks. I didnt want to go back in the hills because I was by myself and in the pickup, but I'd go back with a few jeeps.
4138'23.72"N
8734'51.81"W

The main trail leads to the river. I grabbed a phone pic of the river.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.