JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Indiana Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f324/)
-   -   Places in Lake/Porter County? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f324/places-lake-porter-county-1243429/)

JoshRyan 07-23-2011 12:23 PM

Places in Lake/Porter County?
 
Im looking for some places to ride around here, i know a few but most of them are private property and the owners arent exactly cool with it. The only place ive found thats okay so far is Central Ave. in Schererville. Anyone know places to ride?

nwiTJdave 07-24-2011 09:12 AM

That seems to be about it around here. By the dunes state park there's a few unmaintained roads by mt baldy that get a good amount of water on them after good storms like we have had this week.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum App

aarons93yj 07-29-2011 01:33 AM

we go to a place in dolton illinois from time to time, but daytime riding only, little illegal at night and need permission during the day. there's also a place in griffith but again need permission.....i haven't been to the place in s-ville yet, unless thats that road that has the sign posted "road closed, travel at your own risk" and thats not really that much of a challenge through there, i can take my 2wd f150 through that....lol

sdillinger 07-30-2011 10:40 PM

See this thread from earlier this year:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f324/...ng-nwi-780516/

We used to ride dirt bikes at some trails in Dolton on MWRD property just south of the river north of State St/ 142nd if those are the ones youre talking about Aaron. Not bad but they seem a little tight for Jeeps.

aarons93yj 07-31-2011 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdillinger (Post 11943550)
See this thread from earlier this year:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f324/...ng-nwi-780516/

We used to ride dirt bikes at some trails in Dolton on MWRD property just south of the river north of State St/ 142nd if those are the ones youre talking about Aaron. Not bad but they seem a little tight for Jeeps.

i think i've been where your talking, but thats not the place i was thinking of, most people know the place i'm thinking of as the "clay pits"....its under 94 on the south side of the river, you go down paxlon ave over a couple sets of tracks and follow the trackes west till you get there....big wooded area...lots of fun back there, well not anymore, you need at least 40's or bigger now...got dug out real bad last 2 years.

aarons93yj 07-31-2011 04:19 AM

i do believe we are talking about the same area after looking at some of the roads in the area though....must've been a long time since you've been back there? i've known about the place for 3 years now and the trails were wide enough for some large trucks even then

sdillinger 07-31-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarons93yj (Post 11944052)
i do believe we are talking about the same area after looking at some of the roads in the area though....must've been a long time since you've been back there? i've known about the place for 3 years now and the trails were wide enough for some large trucks even then

Yeah thats the same place. The last time I was there was around 2006. A friend lives in the neighborhood southwest of there, so we would leave on our bikes and atvs from his house and come in from the west, and ride along the tracks until we got to "the trails" as he called them. He's been riding back there for the past 20 years.

I was only there a few times. I guess I just thought of them more as bike trails because thats what I was on. I remember a large amount of small hills. Cool place but the mud smelled funny.

aarons93yj 07-31-2011 05:48 PM

if you wanna get yer jeep a lil muddy, i'll be sure to shoot you a pm if your up for it next time we head out there as a group, rule of thumb in our club we don't go wheelin with less than 3 trucks, more the merrier though

sdillinger 08-11-2011 07:24 AM

Yep let me know if you're going out there, or anywhere really.

I'm in that area M-F for work anyways.

sdillinger 02-02-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aarons93yj (Post 11944043)
i think i've been where your talking, but thats not the place i was thinking of, most people know the place i'm thinking of as the "clay pits"....its under 94 on the south side of the river, you go down paxlon ave over a couple sets of tracks and follow the trackes west till you get there....big wooded area...lots of fun back there, well not anymore, you need at least 40's or bigger now...got dug out real bad last 2 years.

It doesnt look like Aaron's on the forum anymore. Anyway, I was in the area this week for for work, so I checked out the trails that we were discussing. It looks like all of the atv trails have been widened out quite a bit for Jeeps and trucks. I didnt want to go back in the hills because I was by myself and in the pickup, but I'd go back with a few jeeps.
4138'23.72"N
8734'51.81"W

The main trail leads to the river. I grabbed a phone pic of the river.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...h/IMG_1662.jpg


The time now is 10:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.