Off-roading in NWI (the 219 ) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Off-roading in NWI (the 219 )

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 12-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
Tbasham
2013 JK Wrangler 

Off-roading in NWI (the 219 )

Well, here in Northwest Indiana its hard to find places to legally off road. I know everyone who owns a jeep has the urge to go offroading whenever they make any sort of chagne to their jeep, so the question is:

Does anyone know where their are some dirt roads or anywhere to go offraoding at in the 219? Im not looking for anything crazy, just something simple to wheel on to maybe sling some mud or see how the jeep feels on some bumps after installing new parts. I know we have the Badlands and Some places in Michigan but thats to far.

Ill start by adding this location. If you google map "Central Ave, Schereville, IN" it shows you a dirt road that is very bumpy and would be fun on a rainy day. If you enter from junction ave side, there is a sign that says "Road Closed, Travel at own risk"

Tbasham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
vincejeep1
2010 JK Wrangler 

don't know any legal places close I live in Hobart. I am a member of Northwest Indiana Jeepers. We meet the 3rd Friday of every month at Bass Pro Shop in Portage IN. We go to Badlands and Cliffs you are welcome to come to a meeting or find us on Facebook under Northwest Indiana Jeepers or website NWI Jeepers.org

Just here to have fun
vincejeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #3
houndman72

2008 JK Wrangler 

There are a few areas, but not really much fun or alot to mud on. In the club, we goto the places setup for it and well hopefully, we will get some snow here soon! Than we can snow pile climb and have fun! LOL Says you are from Griffith? If you see my Green 2008 JKU up at Jedi's, stop in and ask for Mark, I'm there alot. LOL Best friends with the owners. Come join our club too, like Vince spoke of. NWIJEEPERS.org

My latest addition to mine. Today!
img_0827.jpg  
Rock krawler Stock Mod 2.5, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Mamba M5 18" rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grappler tires, Body Armor Front bumper w/winch and LOTS of LED lights all over the place for blinding oncomers! LOL
houndman72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
Jeeper4life88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good!

2004 Jeep Liberty- BFG A/T's and some skid's and tow hooks, otherwise pretty much stock.
Jeeper4life88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
Tbasham
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys and yes im from Griffith. I will definitly join NWI Jeepers in the future but right now Ill be down at school at Purdue. It is only 30 mins from the Badlands and even tho i have the most bare bones JK you can have I will definitly take it there for some of the more mild trails. Its hard because i have very little money to spend on upgrades. Its upgrades for my jeep or good old college parties. Once i get my degree and job my jeep will begin its transformation...
Tbasham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
TheHeilis
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Plenty of stuff at Badlands for a stock Jeep. You'll be surprised at what it will do and it will make you a better driver looking for the better lines being stock. Put the $$ in the Jeep; too many parties can get you in trouble.
White Jeep Club Member #117
TheHeilis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #7
sdillinger
1994 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f324/...ng-nwi-780516/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.