off road places in indy - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > off road places in indy

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #16
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79indcj7 View Post
Go to haspin if you wanna night wheel. I prefer to see where im going daylight (imo)
Where is haspin? I can set up night runs at the Cliffs. I just installed a set of LED rock lights and I wanna test em out. Night wheeling is a whole new ball game.

Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #17
mmartinelle
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981
There is a group going to badlands on the 22nd. i think i saw that you posted in that thread. The group I typically go with is headed to Redbird that day because they are allowing people to wheel until 11pm and do night runs and camp out there. That doesnt happen too often so we are taking advantage of it.
Where is red bird?
mmartinelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 09:39 PM   #18
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartinelle View Post
Where is red bird?
bout an hour and some south of the badlands.. they are doing the "haunted trail" runs.. and letting people wheel til 11pm. it isnt something that happens often there so we are taking advantage of it. also.. customer appreciation day for 4wd.com is at badlands 2 weeks later.. so it just makes more sense to go that route.. otherwise id meet up with that group going to the badlands on the 22nd. We are leaving champaign around 9am on the 22nd if you are interested. you can follow us there.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #19
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I know I wanted to go to RB but it's a friends bday and it's badlands. They live in muncie area.
ChadjasonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #20
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm Going to DTOR on the 29th for a night ride. (Bedford KY) haspin is laurel ind. A hour1/2 east of Indy you can camp any were you want.
ChadjasonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #21
Warbossjerry
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hello, Glad you have tried out a few places. I have been to Redbird and recorded a lot of it. I would suggest you look at my youtube channel (Warbossjerry) and you can see what it is like for the basics. I just lifted my second jeep that is the play toy, so all previous footage is of redbird in a stock Jeep JK Unlimited. Trails that any jeep can do..... 1, 2, 14 (if not raining or wet), 21, 25, and 26. 14 has some hills that I slide down out of control when it was wet, just missed a tree , 26 is narrow and we had to really work it to get though some spots.
Warbossjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #22
Zdrisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbossjerry View Post
Hello, Glad you have tried out a few places. I have been to Redbird and recorded a lot of it. I would suggest you look at my youtube channel (Warbossjerry) and you can see what it is like for the basics. I just lifted my second jeep that is the play toy, so all previous footage is of redbird in a stock Jeep JK Unlimited. Trails that any jeep can do..... 1, 2, 14 (if not raining or wet), 21, 25, and 26. 14 has some hills that I slide down out of control when it was wet, just missed a tree , 26 is narrow and we had to really work it to get though some spots.
Two weeks ago: trail 2 was pretty rough in spots. And there's a spot where 1 & 14 come together and go over a hill with a small pond next to it, if that area is wet, tread with caution. There's a slant to the hill and twice now I've almost rolled my Jeep.

Just thought I'd share that...lol
Zdrisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 04:29 AM   #23
Warbossjerry
2013 JK Wrangler 

I agree, when it's wet, redbird can be risky. The only trail that is low risk is 25 when wet.
Unread 08-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #24
TJ98JeremyPrice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I run the Louisville Jeep Owners Club with over 800 members.. if you all want to come down this way some time we can show you a good time and share some info.. some of our best places to go are Land Between the Lakes, Black Mountain, and Interlake Indiana.. but have many many more. Feel free to like our page on facebook to keep up when we go to Interlake Indiana
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #25
joelachr

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've been to Interlake once and it was fun but I didn't get to see very much of it. There's a lot of area there to play in but it's a bit of a drive from Indy.

Prairie Creek near Muncie is supposed to have some off-road area but I've not been there to check it out yet.
joelachr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 04:02 AM   #26
Warbossjerry
2013 JK Wrangler 

Next time I go home I'll try and check Muncie area.
Unread 02-06-2014, 09:31 PM   #27
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So glad I looked this thread up. New to the forum and just purchased a 97 TJ almost stock and can't wait to get out to some trails this spring!!! Hope to meet up with all of you and get down and dirty this spring!!!

My pappy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun.
Thedawgshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #28
Warbossjerry
2013 JK Wrangler 

Where are you from?
If you are from Indy, we have a local club. IndyJeep Junkies
Unread 02-06-2014, 09:50 PM   #29
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbossjerry View Post
Where are you from?
If you are from Indy, we have a local club. IndyJeep Junkies
Hey there Warbossjerry. I live just west of Indy in Pittsboro and work on the eastside of Indy on Shadeland Ave.

Unread 02-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #30
Thedawgshow
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hahahahaha!!!! Just checked your profile. We are even near the same age. Where do you call home?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.