off road places in indy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > off road places in indy

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
mmartinelle
2007 JK Wrangler 

off road places in indy

Hello, I am new to the jeep scene and I am learning how to use this forum. I want to do some off roading but i only know of a few small places around town. Does anyone know of any descent places around indianapolis to go wheeling? thanks!

mmartinelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
5cents
2008 JK Wrangler 

Redbird is in Dugger, Indiana. It is probably closest, but I wouldn't recommend it to a new Jeeper. It does have some easy stuff but if you don't know where you are going you can get into quite a pickle pretty quick. The next closest is the Badlands. It is in Attica, Indiana. It has a little bit of everything and would be a good place to start out wheeling. There is also Interlake. It is down by Evansville, Indiana. Kind of a haul but I figured I'd let you know about it. Those are the three places I have been. That's all the info I got.
5cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I think Badlands is closer, it is north of me and it is an hour there and I am an hour from Indy. Redbird is 30-40 minutes from me and south.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
mmartinelle
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ya I have heard about all 3 of those and hope to check them out. I wasn't sure if anyone knew of any small local places. But thanks guys. I'm definitely gonna check those out though
Unread 05-22-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
ms5490renegade
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartinelle View Post
Ya I have heard about all 3 of those and hope to check them out. I wasn't sure if anyone knew of any small local places. But thanks guys. I'm definitely gonna check those out though
nothing real big but theres a few places. i sent a letter to (hopefully) someone with one who may open it to a few guys. keeping my fingers crossed
2010 JK: RK 3.5 inch lift, KC long range lights on KC brackets, Teraflex front shocks, Bilstein rear shocks, Flowmaster super 44 exhaust, AFE cold air intake, Kicker L7 12", Crunch 1000 watt 2 channel amp, Alpine sound bar speakers.
soon to add: 315-75-16 Dune Grapplers and 16x8 soft 8's
ms5490renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #6
IronDuke666
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Xj

There is a good spot I like to hang out and watch these 2 guys w/ XJ's go muddin, right off of West st. down by the White river, across from those recycling plants just south of downtown Indy. right after a good rain they are down there wheelin...
IronDuke666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 06:41 PM   #7
DtK_PhAnToM
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i have been to the badlands once now and i like it alot im actually heading down there this saturay morning to wheel saturday and sunday
DtK_PhAnToM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDuke666 View Post
There is a good spot I like to hang out and watch these 2 guys w/ XJ's go muddin, right off of West st. down by the White river, across from those recycling plants just south of downtown Indy. right after a good rain they are down there wheelin...
Legal wheeling? I understand people do this to have fun, but this is also why some people against wheeling use that illegal stuff against us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtK_PhAnToM View Post
i have been to the badlands once now and i like it alot im actually heading down there this saturay morning to wheel saturday and sunday
Badlands is great, something for everyone.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #9
IronDuke666
2001 TJ Wrangler 

It might not be legal......but the homeless bums under the bridges don't care
IronDuke666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #10
mmartinelle
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDuke666
That place off of west street, is there much to it? I looked it up on google maps and it looks small but I may not be able to see it all.
Unread 07-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #11
boeingxtreme
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDuke666 View Post
Always wanted to take my tj down there, just never in the area enough!
WHITE JEEP CLUB #193
boeingxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #12
boeingxtreme
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartinelle View Post
That place off of west street, is there much to it? I looked it up on google maps and it looks small but I may not be able to see it all.
its like a dirt trail that goes down the river for people to launch fishing boats and it gets some mud puddles on it.
WHITE JEEP CLUB #193
boeingxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #13
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99goldxj

Legal wheeling? I understand people do this to have fun, but this is also why some people against wheeling use that illegal stuff against us.

Badlands is great, something for everyone.
It's not illegal there's a big *** sign marked. "public access" cops fuel station is rite next to it and DPW they just watch and sometimes they call to help remove stolen cars. don't dump trash and there cool!
ChadjasonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #14
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

There is a group going to badlands on the 22nd. i think i saw that you posted in that thread. The group I typically go with is headed to Redbird that day because they are allowing people to wheel until 11pm and do night runs and camp out there. That doesnt happen too often so we are taking advantage of it.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #15
79indcj7
1979 CJ7 

Go to haspin if you wanna night wheel. I prefer to see where im going daylight (imo)
79indcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.