JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Indiana Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f324/)
-   -   off road places in indy (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f324/off-road-places-indy-1217258/)

mmartinelle 05-21-2011 01:01 PM

off road places in indy
 
Hello, I am new to the jeep scene and I am learning how to use this forum. I want to do some off roading but i only know of a few small places around town. Does anyone know of any descent places around indianapolis to go wheeling? thanks!

5cents 05-21-2011 04:27 PM

Redbird is in Dugger, Indiana. It is probably closest, but I wouldn't recommend it to a new Jeeper. It does have some easy stuff but if you don't know where you are going you can get into quite a pickle pretty quick. The next closest is the Badlands. It is in Attica, Indiana. It has a little bit of everything and would be a good place to start out wheeling. There is also Interlake. It is down by Evansville, Indiana. Kind of a haul but I figured I'd let you know about it. Those are the three places I have been. That's all the info I got.

99goldxj 05-21-2011 05:08 PM

I think Badlands is closer, it is north of me and it is an hour there and I am an hour from Indy. Redbird is 30-40 minutes from me and south.

mmartinelle 05-21-2011 05:41 PM

Ya I have heard about all 3 of those and hope to check them out. I wasn't sure if anyone knew of any small local places. But thanks guys. I'm definitely gonna check those out though

ms5490renegade 05-22-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmartinelle (Post 11581184)
Ya I have heard about all 3 of those and hope to check them out. I wasn't sure if anyone knew of any small local places. But thanks guys. I'm definitely gonna check those out though

nothing real big but theres a few places. i sent a letter to (hopefully) someone with one who may open it to a few guys. keeping my fingers crossed

IronDuke666 06-19-2011 05:36 PM

There is a good spot I like to hang out and watch these 2 guys w/ XJ's go muddin, right off of West st. down by the White river, across from those recycling plants just south of downtown Indy. right after a good rain they are down there wheelin...:thumbsup:

DtK_PhAnToM 06-19-2011 06:41 PM

i have been to the badlands once now and i like it alot im actually heading down there this saturay morning to wheel saturday and sunday

99goldxj 06-19-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronDuke666 (Post 11732576)
There is a good spot I like to hang out and watch these 2 guys w/ XJ's go muddin, right off of West st. down by the White river, across from those recycling plants just south of downtown Indy. right after a good rain they are down there wheelin...:thumbsup:

Legal wheeling? I understand people do this to have fun, but this is also why some people against wheeling use that illegal stuff against us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtK_PhAnToM (Post 11732859)
i have been to the badlands once now and i like it alot im actually heading down there this saturay morning to wheel saturday and sunday

Badlands is great, something for everyone.

IronDuke666 06-19-2011 07:22 PM

It might not be legal......but the homeless bums under the bridges don't care :)

mmartinelle 06-22-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronDuke666
There is a good spot I like to hang out and watch these 2 guys w/ XJ's go muddin, right off of West st. down by the White river, across from those recycling plants just south of downtown Indy. right after a good rain they are down there wheelin...:thumbsup:

That place off of west street, is there much to it? I looked it up on google maps and it looks small but I may not be able to see it all.

boeingxtreme 07-03-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronDuke666 (Post 11732576)
There is a good spot I like to hang out and watch these 2 guys w/ XJ's go muddin, right off of West st. down by the White river, across from those recycling plants just south of downtown Indy. right after a good rain they are down there wheelin...:thumbsup:

Always wanted to take my tj down there, just never in the area enough!

boeingxtreme 07-03-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmartinelle (Post 11750784)
That place off of west street, is there much to it? I looked it up on google maps and it looks small but I may not be able to see it all.

its like a dirt trail that goes down the river for people to launch fishing boats and it gets some mud puddles on it.

ChadjasonW 10-12-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99goldxj

Legal wheeling? I understand people do this to have fun, but this is also why some people against wheeling use that illegal stuff against us.

Badlands is great, something for everyone.

It's not illegal there's a big *** sign marked. "public access" cops fuel station is rite next to it and DPW they just watch and sometimes they call to help remove stolen cars. don't dump trash and there cool!

Nickit1981 10-12-2011 03:50 PM

There is a group going to badlands on the 22nd. i think i saw that you posted in that thread. The group I typically go with is headed to Redbird that day because they are allowing people to wheel until 11pm and do night runs and camp out there. That doesnt happen too often so we are taking advantage of it.

79indcj7 10-12-2011 08:12 PM

Go to haspin if you wanna night wheel. I prefer to see where im going daylight (imo)


The time now is 04:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.