Northwest Indiana - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Northwest Indiana

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-06-2008, 07:28 AM   #1
traderdan
2008 JK Wrangler 

Northwest Indiana

Hi, Im in northwest indiana, valparaiso, and looking for some place around here to get my jeep off road. Does anyone know of a spot. My jeep is pretty much stock, so i'm not looking for something too tough, but I don't mind pushing this little guy to his limits either.

traderdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
jackel440
2005 TJ Wrangler 

tradardan, I'm from galveston.welcome to the site.A bunch of us are going to the badlands sunday the 14th.you are welcome to join us.
there is a thread here in this section about it.
Unread 09-06-2008, 07:53 AM   #3
HoosierJeepster
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Traderdan-

I'm from Westville (please don't hold that against me ) . I know there's Badlands down around Lafayette, but more locally I'm not too sure. Kingsbury's a pretty big place and might have a few trails. Worth checking out!
HoosierJeepster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #4
traderdan
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have been wanting to go to the badlands, but I wasn't sure if my stock wrangler could take it. It sure looks like a lot of fun.
Unread 09-06-2008, 08:08 AM   #5
traderdan
2008 JK Wrangler 

hoosierjeepster,
where is kingsbury?
Thanks
Unread 09-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #6
HoosierJeepster
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Kingsbury is east of LaPorte on 6, about, oh, 10-15 miles or so. It was a munitions plant during WWII and covers a pretty big area. There is a really nice outdoor gun range too if you are interested in that.

Like I said, I'm not sure if there are any trails there, but since it is such a big remote place there might be something. Even if there aren't any, bring your pistols along and have a good time anyway!
HoosierJeepster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #7
jackel440
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderdan View Post
I have been wanting to go to the badlands, but I wasn't sure if my stock wrangler could take it. It sure looks like a lot of fun.
My jeep is stock and i'm going there sunday to try it out.I have talked to lots of guys and they take stockers out there all the time.They have all kinds of trails from what i have been told.
Come on down next sunday there is going to be quite a few going.
Unread 09-07-2008, 01:24 AM   #8
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Come on down, My Jeep is bone stock aside from sitting on 31" land terrains which are basically street tires. But I give it hell out there and usually keep up just fine.

It's like I tell all the first timers... Your Jeep was built for this. You are the weak link here. Listen to your spotters, stay off the stupid pedal until you are told to, and learn to be ok with the bumps and scrapes you'll hear, and the few natural pinstripes you'll get, and you'll have one of the best times of your life.

I hope you can make it to my going away run. We'll get you hooked for sure!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2008, 07:27 PM   #9
lilboy1023
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I agree with the last 2 posts. A jeep can handle the Badlands stock. And good advice about the spotters, as long as they know what they are doing!
lilboy1023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.