Mission impossiple trail system? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Mission impossiple trail system?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 09-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Mission impossiple trail system?

Seen something about it on the badlands news letter. There were dates were you could RSVP. I may sign up for the oct. Run . I'm wondering if they will open with a large group or with a guide? Posted on our group page and a few have been and said it's well worth it!! Any body have the 411 on this?

ChadjasonW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be there for the first time this weekend with our club for our annual camp out. I've googled for pics & vids, but seems to be top secret. Can't find much.

I'll try to grab a bunch of pics & some video this weekend & post up some links. Just hope the rain holds out until Monday.

Dan
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks,
Unread 09-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
5cents
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadjasonW View Post
Seen something about it on the badlands news letter. There were dates were you could RSVP. I may sign up for the oct. Run . I'm wondering if they will open with a large group or with a guide? Posted on our group page and a few have been and said it's well worth it!! Any body have the 411 on this?
Quite a few of the IndyORV guys went a couple months ago. You should try them for some info. Are you on their forum?
5cents is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

MI is badass. Its hard to get a date set up tho, well worth the effort and extra cash however. Luckily IndyORV has 2 members that are guides at MI.

It reminded me a lot of Harlan - can't wait to do it again. They are adamant, however, that everyone have at least 35s and lockers. Frankly I wouldn't want to do it without that.

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #6
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Not on there page, I'll check it out. Have a friend who wants to go up to badlands for his birthday in oct. Thinking that would be a hell of a surprise. I have to see it but like BM? Been to evharts twice this year it's over 30,000 acres see something new every time love it!!!!

image-1771364516.jpg
Unread 09-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #7
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

unfortunately I don't mean the scenery - the rocks are what reminded me of Harlan and the hills remind me of Redbird

Mission Impossible

Lions Den at Harlan

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #8
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Your right does look like ky. That's badass to have that so close!! Been putting all those miles on my truck this summer. Think I'm going to run badlands rest of the year? Pic is the falls at bottom of cream puff got over them "thats as far as I made it lol" took trail to the right of it :-)

image-3281777276.jpg
Unread 09-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #9
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ya most of us did the falls at the bottom of cream puff - one of our guys nearly made it to the top then had to winch the rest of the way - it was nasty

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-09-2011, 06:34 PM   #10
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Anybody of yaw going to BL around the first of oct? No more haspin per her!!! She and the kiddo's got a nasty case of sumac and I'm not going to say any thing about the bathrooms (yuck)!!! Or RB
Unread 09-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #11
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure whats planned right now. Ppl make runs all the time - best thing to do is introduce yourself in the open section and keep an eye open for runs.

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 10-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #12
SwiftJeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Mission Impossible is private land and the owner lets badlands guide tours of the trails once a month. I am one of the guides and we have had stock (street tires no lift) jeeps make it on some of the trails. we normaly have two guides going at once. one is easy to med trails and the other is med the extreme trails. for the hard group it is a must for lockers, tow points, and a winch. it is nothing like badlands but is less than a mile away from badlands. if you would like to go on one of the guides just go to the badlands website and sign up.
http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/?do=form&id=2
SwiftJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #13
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

10-4 my jeep is locked,rings all four corners,35's,warn winch , 44's, ton brakes, full cage four point belts, high steel est... Somebody told me there done for the year? Is there a turkey ride coming up :-) maybe we could round up some guys for that?
Unread 11-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #14
SwiftJeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadjasonW View Post
10-4 my jeep is locked,rings all four corners,35's,warn winch , 44's, ton brakes, full cage four point belts, high steel est... Somebody told me there done for the year? Is there a turkey ride coming up :-) maybe we could round up some guys for that?
Yea done for the year will be starting it back up in spring time. Our club that guilds the trail will be down in TN for a turkey run at golden mountain but its a rsvp for club members. the next event for the club will be November 25-27 - Thanksgiving night ride @ Redbird and after that is December 3 - Toys for Tots @ the Badlands (4WTF) if interested in joining our group visit 4wtf.org
SwiftJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #15
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Dec toys for tots sounds good,I'll be in KY 26th-27th so no RB.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.