Looking for somewhere to go trail riding - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Looking for somewhere to go trail riding

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 04-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
jde824
1995 ZJ 

Looking for somewhere to go trail riding

Anybody in the Columbus/Brown County,Indiana area know of any public legal places to go trail riding or mudding? I've got a friend with lots of land in Brown County but I can't go out there without him. Trying to find a place I can go with my other friends.

jde824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
78treehugger
1980 CJ7 

Redbird SRA in Dugger, IN, The Badlands in Attica, IN, Haspin Acres in Laurel, IN and Interlake in Lynnville, IN. Those are the public lands I know of in IN. Depending on your type of wheeling one will offer different terrain. The Badlnads has most area of the different types of terrain. They have a rock quarry, trails, sand dunes and everything combined. Easy for stock to mild and things for the more wild rigs. Redbird is primarily trails and can cause body damage if you're not careful. VERY fun place. Haspin has mainly trails and some rock areas. I haven't been to Interlake yet. I will be going this summer though. My favorites are Redbird and The Badlands.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permision.
Salad is what food eats!!!
http://emptypocketsoffroad.org/
78treehugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
jake_blue
2008 JK Wrangler 

My first outing in my Jeep was to Badlands a few weeks ago and it is a blast! I think there was a group there this past weekend and based on that thread there should probably be another gathering there on May 23 if its worth putting on your calendar to make the trip.
jake_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 07:33 AM   #4
78treehugger
1980 CJ7 

I believe the club I'm in (Empty Pockets Offroad) will be going to The Badlands on May 15. We plan on wheeling the day and then watching the trek race. Good times.

Unread 04-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
Kris_Kris
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78treehugger View Post
I believe the club I'm in (Empty Pockets Offroad) will be going to The Badlands on May 15. We plan on wheeling the day and then watching the trek race. Good times.
Just curious about EPO. What do your dues go for? $20.00 cant go far. Does your club support IFWDA? UFWDA? NORA? Do they carry event insurance?
Kris_Kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
78treehugger
1980 CJ7 

Kris Kris--Kevin (the head cheese) decided this year to not take dues. The club doesn't belong in IFWDA, UFWDA or Nora. I joined IFWDA on my own. They don't really hold events. Basically it's a group of people who like to wheel and set up trips. The forum is a chit chat type of place and to stay informed of what the club is doing. We have many members on the Redbird staff. We support a trail there also. It is a club that does wheel quite often. There is usually a shceduled club event at least once a month. Then there are members who announce when they are going and it's an open invite for anyone who wants to meet up. You're more than welcome to get on the forum and ask questions. The club officers should be able to give you all of your answers. Sorry I wasn't much help.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.