Looking for all or mostly stock jeepers! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Looking for all or mostly stock jeepers!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-27-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
redding1327
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Looking for all or mostly stock jeepers!

A few friends and I want to get together with (and maybe start a club for) stock or mostly stock jeeps. We have jeeps but cant afford/don't want a lot of mods, for various reasons. The problem is, we still love to trail ride. If anyone is interested in getting together for some fun without the build up please post here. I would love to get out and go some time.

I have noticed in my area that no one really wants to ride with the stockers, they seem to think you have to have a huge rig with all the goodies to be a "real" jeeper. I disagree, I think it's a sport for all jeepers.

This is my "mission". To start a group or club where anyone really can have a good time. If we have enough people with stock rigs interested in off roading we can draw more attention to the sport. The more attention it gets ,the more trails EVERYONE will get.

P.S. I am NOT saying you are not welcom if you have a hevily modified rig, just that we are going to seek trail rides for stock rigs.

Thanks, and happy jeeping!!!!

redding1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
5cents
2008 JK Wrangler 

hey,check out the jeeps going wild section here. we are a mostly stock to mildly modified group ourselves. i run down at interlake occasionally too.
5cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
redding1327
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Awsome! I saw some of your posts on the Interlake thread on this section. I would love to get down there some time soon. I am hoping for 2 weeks from now. I will have to take my truck for now, we dont have any recovery points on our jeep yet. My wife was not really into it untill we went to a local jeep dealers rally this summer. It wasnt that great but she had a good time and wanted more trails after that. So, IT'S ON NOW!!! She dosent want to spend much money or mod the jeep we have now so its just what it is, so to speak.
Unread 12-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
Bad_Karma
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I fit into that category, and have been wanting to get the Jeep on a trail or two.

It's sad I've driven my parents Gran Cherokee off-road more than I have my own Wrangler.
Unread 12-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #5
redding1327
1997 XJ Cherokee 

where u form karma. I live in southern indiana, seymour to be exact. not that it really matters, I dont mind traveling a little to go have some fun.LOL
Unread 12-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
Bad_Karma
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm up in the western Chicago suburbs. I figure I'll have to drive a little to find any place to go anyway.
Unread 12-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm hoping to take my Rubicon out to the Badlands sometime in January, was looking at the 1st, but none of my fellow club (Jeeps Going Wild) members can make it that day. It may be one of the next couple of weekends. I'll post up when we're headed out, in case you guys are interested.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #8
redding1327
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I would like to go with, I dont think I will have anything to weel though. I just had to rebuilt the top end of my motor in my truck and and dont want to chance it just yet, the jeep is not really a badlands kinda jeep. Just the stock grand cherokee. I dont have any recovery on the jeep right now either.I may drive up to ride if you have room. May see if my brother wants to take his kj up, then I could ride with him. I haven't been to badlands, is it a good place for stockers?
Unread 12-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #9
jake_blue
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm still sitting stock but hopefully not for long. I've wheeled the Badlands all year with lifted Jeeps and the only thing that has stopped me so far is breakovers where I land on the transmission skid plate. My 08 Unlimited as climbed, towed and overcome everything else I've put it to.
Unread 12-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #10
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

Badlands has a little for everyone. I'll point you guys to jeeps going wild as well. It's a great group of guys and jeff really knows his way around the badlands so I'm sure he can show you a good time.

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #11
timmy51193
1990 XJ Cherokee 

how do you become a member of jeeps going wild???
timmy51193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #12
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Badlands has a little for everyone. I'll point you guys to jeeps going wild as well. It's a great group of guys and jeff really knows his way around the badlands so I'm sure he can show you a good time.
I can vouch for Badlands would be okay for stock vehicles on the trails I rode on today in a mostly stock TJ ( I think 2 inch BB) but I feel that I could wheel my stock XJ there. I actually have played in the quarry and would do the trails, but I am missing recovery points (for now). Also, Jeff is a great leader and know Badlands very well and where not to go for the vehicles in the group.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #13
5cents
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy51193 View Post
how do you become a member of jeeps going wild???
Come wheel with us sometime and if you like us, we like you, your in. Feel free to post in the Jeeps Going Wild section and get to know us some.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f187/
Unread 01-09-2011, 12:29 AM   #14
timmy51193
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Come wheel with us sometime and if you like us, we like you, your in. Feel free to post in the Jeeps Going Wild section and get to know us some.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f187/
[/CODE]let me know when you guys go next and im down i dont mind traveling a lil bit
timmy51193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #15
5cents
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy51193 View Post
[/CODE]let me know when you guys go next and im down i dont mind traveling a lil bit

We usually post up in the forum I linked you to on run dates. Obviously there will be more when it warms up. Like I said, feel free to post up in that forum if you want.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.