"JeepsGoneWild" Sat May 17th wheeling at the Badlands - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > "JeepsGoneWild" Sat May 17th wheeling at the Badlands

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 05-14-2008, 02:19 AM   #46
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Man, I really hope it doesn't rain. I can't imagine it being any more muddy than the orange trail was last time we went. Bleh. I still have mud inside my tub/roll bar/behind the sun visors/behind the windows/in the seats/on and under the tubrail from that. Haha. And to think, I even took it to a detail place. They laughed when I pulled in and simply said "We'll try, but we don't work miracles. I promise it will look better than it does now though." Boy, the next guy through the wash was pissed at me.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #47
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Detroitmurph, bbm98c5, wranglerguy77, aacronc88,

Hi and thanks for having interest in joining our run this coming Sat. If possible please have a CB or a 2 way radio when we head out on the trails. Having one of those makes it easy for all of us to communicate with eachother on the trails and the highway. The Badlands requires to have an orange flag...This flag can be purchased at Walmart by the bike section, at a local bike store and If you don't have time to go there, The Badlands has flags that you can buy at the office. Bring your video recorder or a camera, It's going to be a blast and take lots of cool pictures while you are there. We'll see you at The Badlands around 10:30am to11:00am Indiana time. Drive safely and we'll be wheeling very soon.

Thank You,
Michael
Club President

Last edited by IGotADisneyJeep; 05-14-2008 at 03:30 PM..
IGotADisneyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2008, 11:09 AM   #48
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It's a bummer a few cannot make this run because, Some are on vacation and just getting back from there, their jeeps are down, work and others.
Our next run will be on Sun 29th of June and hopefully the ones who could not make our recent runs will make it to this one.

Our trial we are going to run will be our "Beginners Trail Run" that we designed for an easy trail yet, it's fun. We'll also run "The Creek" and a few more other ones that we have not gone though in the past.
Hopefully the weather will behave and we'll have no rain. But, If we have rain please be prepared to get muddy so, bring some rain gear and boots.

We'll have a blast!
Unread 05-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #49
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

James,

Don't keep it too clean. It will get muddy pretty soon.

Carlos,

Keep taking care of your back and come out with us as soon as you can.

Brian,

Hope you and your daughter will have fun at the Cliffs. It's a pretty tight and muddy place so be prepared to get stuck often and perhaps some body damage. Do not go alone...Bring along some other jeepers so, You will have a safe time there. Take a bunch of pictures!

aacronc88,

I see that you are close by when we'll meet up at the Speedway. We are only 15mins away from 95th. We'll be heading down I294 and passing 95th around 6:30 to 6:45am. If you like to wait by the ramp with your hazard lights on I am sure you will see us pass by and you can join our small convoy to the Badlands.
Unread 05-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #50
aaronc88
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotADisneyJeep View Post
James,

aacronc88,

I see that you are close by when we'll meet up at the Speedway. We are only 15mins away from 95th. We'll be heading down I294 and passing 95th around 6:30 to 6:45am. If you like to wait by the ramp with your hazard lights on I am sure you will see us pass by and you can join our small convoy to the Badlands.
thanks im sure ill be able to meet up the convoy without much trouble see you guys sat

jeep
aaronc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #51
HoosierJeepster
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It looks like the husband and i are going to be able to make it to this one. Hooray, our first trail ride! Looking forward to it!
HoosierJeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #52
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro95 View Post
Looks like mother nature is messing with us....again. Now the outlook for Saturday is windy and a chance of rain. Temps are said to be in the 70's though. I guess we'll see how this plays out...could change by the hour.
I love it...now the weather is supposed to be 74* and sunny. Being a weather man must be easy...just change your mind everyday, sooner or later you'll be right...

PS...still coming, new exhaust is scheduled to be here tomorrow.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2008, 07:36 AM   #53
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, I'll be joining with a couple other guys....pretty much my first time wheeling with the jeep. I don't have a CB yet(next thing on the list) but I do have a couple sets of walkie-talkies . Will I still be able to communicate with you guys? BTW, time can't go fast enough right now....I'm so stoked.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #54
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

Tj

Im not sure if you talkie will work but youll still have a great time...Where are you leaving from?

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #55
Indy TJ

Cool

dog gone it,just found out i've got to work sat.chad keep it clean,jeff take some pic's.Ill see you guy's the next run.
Unread 05-15-2008, 07:21 PM   #56
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

This JUST in....I'm going to have to miss out on saturday. My buddy just won a bunch of free tickets for the show at the speedway on saturday and talked me into going....damn me, I know. I'll be there next time FOR SURE. I should have a CB by then as well. On a different subject, have any of you guys ever left the badlands without any damage to anything? I was told by my good friend (ex-hardcore jeeper) that it's impossible to do. Please chime in.
Unread 05-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #57
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
On a different subject, have any of you guys ever left the badlands without any damage to anything? I was told by my good friend (ex-hardcore jeeper) that it's impossible to do. Please chime in.
No it's not. That would be the Cliffs, or so I'm told. The worst damage I have sustained so far was knocking the tail pipe out of the muffler....it went right back in. You may get a few trail pinstripes...but it ain't a Jeep until it's been pinstriped!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #58
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

My trail damage from the last trip, motivation for a C-rok rear bumper

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #59
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I went stock aside from 31's and left this last time with NOTHING wrong. No dents, bumps, or bruises. Just a few scrapes on my stock skid plates. But that's what they are there for. Hell, I even managed to keep my stock running boards intact. As long as you listen to what people are telling you on the tougher things and don't drive like a ******* (slow is good, unless told otherwise by your spotter) you'll be fine.

I bought my Jeep on Apr 1st. I went on the Apr 27th run and was REALLY hoping to not jack anything up. Mission accomplished so far. This time, I hope to do the same. But I don't go expecting to drive out of there dealer new. You'll freak out at first, but get over it about 5 minutes into your first trail. Just remember... your Jeep is made for this. You are not. So stay alert, and listen. You'll be alright.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #60
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys! I can't WAIT to get to the badlands with you fellas. But, I have to pass for this weekend. Have a good time and I'll see you guys out there the next time.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.