"JeepsGoneWild" Sat May 17th wheeling at the Badlands - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > "JeepsGoneWild" Sat May 17th wheeling at the Badlands

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 05-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #1
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

"JeepsGoneWild" Sat May 17th wheeling at the Badlands

"Jeeps Gone Wild"
www.JeepsGoneWild.org

Everyone is welcome to join from stock to built jeeps. Please, Tell others to join and We'll have a Blast!

Here's the information:

In the morning a few of us will be meeting in Darien, Illinois at the
Speedway gas station off of Cass Ave and 75th street. We will be making a convoy of jeeps so, we can head to the Badlands safely. If you wish to join us on our convoy please be there at 5:30am to because we plan to leave the parking lot of Speedway by 6:30am. We plan to leave early because Indiana time is 1 hour ahead and the park opens at 9:00am that’s 8:00am Illinois time. This trip will be about 2 hours from Darien. Please be on time if you wish to join us. We will be leaving the parking area as soon as we can & will not wait.

Note: We will be passing 2 tollways so, please have some change ready or you can use your IPass

Here's some directions to the Speedway gas station in Darien:
75th Street and Cass Ave

Coming from I55 East:
I55 head West to Cass Ave North
Cass Ave North: it will be about 2 miles to the Speedway on the Left
Do not pass 75th street

Coming from I55 West:
I55 head East to Cass Ave North
Cass Ave North: it will be about 2 miles to the Speedway on the Left
Do not pass 75th street

Coming from 355 North:
355 head South to 75th Street East
75th Street drive about 4 miles to Cass Ave
The Speedway will be on the Right side
Do not pass Cass Ave

Coming from 355 South:
355 head North to 75th Street East
75th Street drive about 4 miles to Cass Ave
The Speedway will be on the Right side
Do not pass Cass Ave

If possible: Please have a handheld walkie talkie or a CB we'll be on Chan 12
It will be nice if you have one of those so we can communicate with eachother.

***Our Route from Darien to Attica***

Speedway Gas Station
Cass Ave South to
I55 heading East to
294 South to 94
Exit 41 South
41 South is about 1 hour 1/2 til you get to the Attica Exit.

*If this will be your 2nd time to join our runs, you are able to join our club. So, please bring your membership fee if you are wanting to become a member. Other members that have not paid your membership fee please have your fee ready on this first run. Thank You.

**We plan to arrive at the Badlands around 10:30am to 11:00am Indiana time**

If you have any questions please Email me at
IGotADisneyJeep@Aol.Com
If you wish I can offer you my cell so you can contact me.

Thank You,
Michael
Club President

Last edited by IGotADisneyJeep; 05-08-2008 at 10:20 PM..
IGotADisneyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 08:32 AM   #2
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Rules for Under 18

Youths under the age of 18 are required to have a
Waiver of Liability/Consent form for minor/Medical Info
form/Authorization for medical treatment form and be
accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older to ride at the
Badlands. Please include person’s name on Authorization for
medical treatment form that is accompanying your child for check-in.
All forms must be NOTARIZED to be accepted.
Thank you

You must have these forms signed before you get into the Badlands if you are under 18
If these forms are not signed they will not let you inside the park.

You can get these forms at the Badlands Website
www.BadlandsOffroad.com
IGotADisneyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #3
Northsidejeepin
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey Michael,

I hope I can make it out to this one. It seems like you guys had a great time last time out. Hopefully I'll see you there.

Phil
Northsidejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 08:58 AM   #4
detroitmurph
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have been wanting to get there and test out my new setup. I live downtown so I would probably just meetup with you there. I will know this weekend if I am a go.
detroitmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I plan to be there. As far as I know Rod and Jerry plan on coming again as well. Gotta get Jerry's Jeep fixed for sure first though. This time I have REAL license plates though. Either way, the Pumpkinator is there.

Anyone on the Eastern side of Attica that wants to Caravan in with us is welcome. PM me with your phone number and we can decide where we'll be meeting up. We'll be coming in from Indy/Anderson area. We'll be taking 32 to 74 to 41 on into Attica. If you are on the way, shoot me a PM. If you are NOT on the way but still want to meet with us along the way, that works too.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #6
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in! My buddy Jay should be coming along as well. I will have a new passenger, another friend needs to catch the bug!

Hopefully the weather will come around by then, I don't want to have to run a top this time.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 09:50 AM   #7
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro95 View Post
I'm in! My buddy Jay should be coming along as well. I will have a new passenger, another friend needs to catch the bug!

Hopefully the weather will come around by then, I don't want to have to run a top this time.

Some of us put the top down anyways Of course, the only reason I did was because the wife was begging and said that she would clean out the interior if I did.

A month later and I still see mud.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 05-06-2008, 10:41 AM   #8
TheEddie

I wont be able to make this run.. I come home from Florida very early on the 17th.. I tried to make it work but it doesn't seem like its going to happen.

You guys better take some nice pics!

I'll be there on the June 29th run though, with some new meats (most likely) as well
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #9
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Some of us put the top down anyways Of course, the only reason I did was because the wife was begging and said that she would clean out the interior if I did.

A month later and I still see mud.
I thought about taking it down, but didn't want to deal with it. Leaving it at home is going to be the way to go!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 05-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #10
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was surprised that it wasn't a LOT worse than it was. If I hadn't gotten stuck in that big *** mud hole, and spun my tires so much to get out, I'd have only had a few spatters here and there. That mud hole is what made most of the mess. It's all good though. I found a place here in town that will detail clean inside and outside for 21 bucks. WOOT!

Unread 05-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #11
bbm98c5
2005 WK 

I am planning on being there. This will be my first time wheeling with you guys .
Unread 05-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #12
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You will have a blast. JGW is a great group, I plan on joining. They are too nice and helpful to not join.

Mike, if I may make a suggestion? Can we hit the creek trail closer to the end of the day so we can get some of that mud washed out? I'm STILL knocking clumps of mud out from under the Jeep. LOL I walked out into the driveway the other day and it looked like my Jeep took a crap.

Unread 05-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #13
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
I was surprised that it wasn't a LOT worse than it was. If I hadn't gotten stuck in that big mud hole, and spun my tires so much to get out, I'd have only had a few spatters here and there.
I'm surprised those tires of yours threw any mud at all.....
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Unread 05-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #14
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, at least they are land terrains... they've got about 3/4" deep tread on them. There's plenty of room for mud to pack on in there. My tires stick out about 3-4" past my flares... it made for a messy run.

I won't have that problem when I get these... http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=15522

Unread 05-06-2008, 09:38 PM   #15
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Mike, so you know, "Four Wheels to Freedom" is going to be at the Badlands on the 17th as well. A friend is part of their club, and told me about it. Just a heads up. It's going to be pretty crowded.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.