"JeepsGoneWild" RedBird, Indiana run Sept 6th & 7th - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > "JeepsGoneWild" RedBird, Indiana run Sept 6th & 7th

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 08-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #31
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlumcrazyP View Post
well theres 2 of us this aught to be a BLAST!!!!!!! We ned more people. Come on guys this will be worth your time. It is an AWSOME park. I will guarantee a good time.
Looking good Fred, glad to see you on here. Hows the computer running?

I'd love to make this run but the Jeep is going under the knife for a little, a few repairs and an inch more lift is in order. I better see some pics though!

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2008, 08:30 AM   #32
PlumcrazyP

P/c is going very good. Back to the speed I'm used to. I cant thank you enough for the tune up. I'll get as many pics as I can And see if I can Nominate someone there to help with the task. Then maybe when you all see the fun we will be having you wont be able to resist the next time. But I can understand the distance and the gas money involved. So no worries this is about intraducing new people to the club and seeing about some new recrutes for the team. I am hoping to see alot of people from Indiana show up. So we'll see. Im going to call the guy that I sold the green sami to and see if he would be interested in coming out and testing the rig I dont think hes had it out since he bought it from me. We'll see. But thanks again P/c is doing good. Remember all the fire wood you can handle.
765-341-0078
PlumcrazyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #33
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm up for a redbird run...i have a new-ish (to me) jeep to take out yet.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #34
PlumcrazyP

Sounds good Dippert come on out and enjoy the mud and rocks. Where you coming from? (state and where in it?) well hope to see you there.
765-341-0078
Unread 08-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #35
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlumcrazyP View Post
Sounds good Dippert come on out and enjoy the mud and rocks. Where you coming from? (state and where in it?) well hope to see you there.
i live in bloomington IN...about 45-60 mins from dugger. i was there on opening day this year. a club i'm in actually "adopted" trail 4 i think, i'd know it if i was on it.
my jeep is built enough that i could probably help the mild jeeps on some of the harder parts if need-be. if it's muddy, a lot of the hills become slip and slides. and the trail my club adopted has a couple nasty mud holes...and the bypass is a steep hill that's hard to get up when it's slick. i had to winch through it in the old jeep (open difs and AT's).
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
Unread 08-25-2008, 06:58 AM   #36
PlumcrazyP

I was telling alot of the guys that belong to the club I'm in that it was alot different from the Badlands in Attica. And there was some easier trails, but there was also some monsters.and that having a group for this park is better that trying to attack it solo. My first time there wasin a stock black TJ. 31" tires AT's of course and no lift. the only thing that i did do is disconnect the sway bar links. But when i got to some of the parts thats looked nasty i turned around. My wife and i were the only ones there it seemed and i wasnt going to swallowed by a mud hole and not have a way out. The new Jeep is A 97 TJ, 2 3/4" body lift, 33/12.50 Big O x/t's, Open Diff's no sway bar links I do pretty well I keep up with a pretty wicked rig (Who is the Pres. of our group) JeepsGoneWild.org
765-341-0078
Unread 08-25-2008, 02:41 PM   #37
aaronc88
1993 YJ Wrangler 

anyone else coming down from chicagoland area?

jeep
aaronc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 04:00 PM   #38
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I wish I could, but it's just not in the cards. Sounds like a place I'll have to get to.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2008, 06:28 PM   #39
PlumcrazyP

10 Days left ya'll, scape them pennies for gas. The journey is on. Lets all try our best to leave the excuses at home, and come enjoy a new park. It will be worth your wild. And all you guys out there that arent a part of the club come out and enjoy the weekend. Meet new people and have a blast. I am looking forward to seeing alot of new faces as well as alot of known faces. So stop buying all the extra grocries you know you dont need. Put off that light bill and who cares about the haet bill either its still summer. Lets get it together and get out there. Hope to see you there. Also before i quit running my gums. Can we try to start a new list of those of you in and out of the club that are planning to come. I would like to get an Idea. Thanks
765-341-0078
Unread 08-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #40
aaronc88
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Fred (purple tj)
Aaron (black yj)

come ons peoples add your names and repost

jeep
aaronc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2008, 07:40 PM   #41
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Fred (purple tj)
Aaron (black yj)
Mike (silver LJ) - not a club member

fred, you have a PM
Quote:
Unread 08-27-2008, 08:32 AM   #42
PlumcrazyP

Yeah people like aaron said lets ad some names here. And membership is not the issue. Thisis to meet new people. And maybe get you invovled in membership. DONT BE SCARED. Its just a little MUD & ROCKS.
765-341-0078
Unread 08-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #43
Northsidejeepin
2008 JK Wrangler 

Aaron,

I plan on making the trip down from Chicago! Where about are you coming from?
Northsidejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #44
Northsidejeepin
2008 JK Wrangler 

Fred (purple tj)
Aaron (black yj)
Mike (silver LJ) - not a club member
Phil(Black JK)- Not a club member
Northsidejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2008, 11:01 AM   #45
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I wish Ashley,Zach and Me can join this cool run. But, sorry we cannot make this run because, lots of things going on with Ashleys & Zachs school, Work, Gas is expensive driving so far and other concerns. We would love to enjoy a new offroading area and I would like to see how well Fred plans this run. I know who ever will go will really enjoy thier time offroading and camping out. Just think safe and represent our club well. This is a start to show off our club in a new area and for others to to get interested in our club. Our goal is to spread our club thought out other states and to have regional leaders for thier states. I know this will happen intime and cannot wait for this to come into play. Fred will do very well and I wish him luck. Again, Please be patient with him because, this will be his first planned run. Fred is also willing to learn from others so, anyone can provide some pointers about offroading and jeeps. I am still learning as a club president and I would also love some advice from our members and new offroaders. I know Fred will do well and he'll have fun having everyone join in on his trail run. So please... Come join in from stock to built jeeps. It's going to be a blast! Have fun everyone and think Safety.
IGotADisneyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.