"JeepsGoneWild" Badlands CampOut July 5th and 6th - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > "JeepsGoneWild" Badlands CampOut July 5th and 6th

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 06-24-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

"JeepsGoneWild" Badlands CampOut July 5th and 6th

Jeeps Gone Wild
www.JeepsGoneWild.org

Our club will be having a camp out at the Badlands at Attica, Indiana.
We will be offroading all day on Saturday the 5th and camp out that evening. The park closes at 9pm on Sat so, We'll have lots of offroading time that day. On Sunday the 6th we'll offroad all day until the park closes.

Note: The Badlands Customer Appreciation Day has been canceled.
This date was set for the 5th but, Is now moved to Saturday Aug. 9th.

Everyone is welcome to join from stock to built jeeps. You do not have to be a club member to join but, We do hope intime you may join our friendly kicked back club. Come Join Us and Enjoy an Awesome day with Our Club.
We'll have a Rock N' Time!

Here's our plans:

In the morning a few of us will be meeting in Darien, Illinois at the Speedway gas station off of Cass Ave and 75th street. We will be making a convoy of jeeps so, we can head to the Badlands safely. If you wish to join us on our convoy please be there at 5:30am to because we plan to leave the parking lot of Speedway by 6:15am to 6:30am. We plan to leave early because Indiana time is 1 hour ahead and the park opens at 9:00am that’s 8:00am Illinois time. This trip will be about 2 hours from Darien. We plan to be at the Badlands around 10:30am to 11:00am Indiana time. Please be on time if you wish to join us. We will be leaving the parking area as soon as we can & will not wait.

Note: We will be passing 2 tollways so, please have some change ready or you can use your IPass

Here's some directions to the Speedway gas station in Darien:
75th Street and Cass Ave

Coming from I55 East:
I55 head West to Cass Ave North
Cass Ave North: it will be about 2 miles to the Speedway on the Left
Do not pass 75th street

Coming from I55 West:
I55 head East to Cass Ave North
Cass Ave North: it will be about 2 miles to the Speedway on the Left
Do not pass 75th street

Coming from 355 North:
355 head South to 75th Street East
75th Street drive about 4 miles to Cass Ave
The Speedway will be on the Right side
Do not pass Cass Ave

Coming from 355 South:
355 head North to 75th Street East
75th Street drive about 4 miles to Cass Ave
The Speedway will be on the Right side
Do not pass Cass Ave

If possible: Please have a handheld walkie talkie or a CB we'll be on Chan 12
It will be nice if you have one of those so we can communicate with eachother.

***Our Route from Darien to Attica***
Speedway Gas Station
Cass Ave South to
I55 heading East to
294 South to 94
Exit 41 South
41 South is about 1 hour 1/2 til you get to the Attica Exit.

Note:
Rules for Under 18

Youths under the age of 18 are required to have a
Waiver of Liability/Consent form for minor/Medical Info
form/Authorization for medical treatment form and be
accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older to ride at the
Badlands. Please include person’s name on Authorization for
medical treatment form that is accompanying your child for check-in.
All forms must be NOTARIZED to be accepted.
Thank you

You must have these forms signed before you get into the Badlands if you are under 18
If these forms are not signed they will not let you inside the park.

You can get these forms at the Badlands Website
www.BadlandsOffroad.com

If you have any questions please Email me at
IGotADisneyJeep@Aol.Com
If you wish I can offer you my cell so you can contact me.

IGotADisneyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry for the late notice ... My daughter and Me just got back from our vacation from Miami and Orlando We had an awesome time.

The cool thing is that we both gotten tattoos that has an offroading theme. I have Super Swamper Bogger Tire Tracks that wraps around my left arm with a Heart that says "My Baby Love Ashley" and my daughter gotten a tattoo that says "Daddy's Lil' Girl" with 4 Jeeps around her ankle. This was a very special time for the both of us because, We both Love each other and share so much interest in a lot of things. The tattoo guy is a jeep owner and is in a jeep club. We are both happy we gotten our tattoos by a jeep owner and loves this hobby as we all do.

We'll show our tattoos on the 5th but, it maybe peeling when we show it.

Jeeps Rock!

Last edited by IGotADisneyJeep; 06-24-2008 at 11:07 AM..
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #3
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ok... Who's bringing what???

Let's make sure we won't be bringing lot's of extra food and extra stuff we don't need. Just remember...There is a local grocery store down the street and we can purchase other items if we need it.

If you can...please bring some fire wood.

You can sleep in a tent or your jeep. Most of us will be sleeping in our tents.
Chairs are also nice to bring along and it's relaxing after a long day wheeling.
We'll also need an over hang/shade over our table and some lights. Bug candles and bug sprays are also needed. If we are going to grill please bring easy to light charcoal so, we do not need to bring lighting fluids. We are going to need plates and other eating items. These are just a few things I can think of on what to bring and I am sure there will be more. Let's see what others are going to bring.
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I will be there as well as my girlfriend, but we wont be able to show up until saturday evening, hopefully by 6 or 7, we will be there for the camp out and for wheeling all day sunday as far as fire wood I believe Indiana still has a law where we can't bring fire wood from county to county (or state by that matter) due to emerald ash borers. So we will probably have to just pick up fire wood in town. If anyone else knows about this law for sure feel free to chime in. I will do a little bit of research to see if it is still restricted.

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:44 AM   #5
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

And I will be leaving from Indy late saturday afternoon if anyone else is arriving late and wants to convoy

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 06-24-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
TheEddie

Hey Mike, glad to hear you guys had a good time. I wanna see your new tats!

Me and Mindy will be there, ready to leave early on Saturday morning. Like I said I can bring a portable weber grill that looks like this It can do about 8 burgers at a time so if everyone is cool with that... I'll bring a cooler packed with water/pop as well so if anyone needs to mooch its fine by me.

I can strap some wood to my roof rack.. http://lists.in.gov/pipermail/wildbu...ay/000205.html According to this as long as your bring the wood from a non quarantined area you are fine, and they just want you to burn it all before you leave. (so us from Illinois are good) I'll bring as much as I can.

I know you YJ/TJ guys have limited space so I don't mind packing my station wagon.

Repost this with any additions.
Eddie (White XJ): Weber grill, cooler full of drinks/food, some firewood, chairs...

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ

Last edited by TheEddie; 06-24-2008 at 01:48 PM..
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #7
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Repost this with any additions.
Eddie (White XJ): Weber grill, cooler full of drinks/food, some firewood, chairs...[/QUOTE]

Mike (Patriot Blue TJ): some non quarantined firewood, some hotdogs/drinks, things of that nature

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 06-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #8
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

eddie, you beat me to it, I was about ready to post that exact link

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 06-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #9
Strizzy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I will most likely be going, but have a slight dilemma. My Rubicon I recently picked up has some crappy AT tires rather than the MTR's it should have. But before I run out and buy new tires, I am going to lift it first, then get either 33's or 35's. I told myself that before I modify it, I will get rid of the WJ first. Well, in an effort to get rid of the WJ, I have been slowly parting it out. Soooo, I don't really have any skid plates, and I may have my sliders sold. I may be able to "barrow" the skid plates from a friend. My biggest issue is that I don't want to completely ruin the WJ and be forced to turn it into a trail rig (that is why I bought the Rubi). So I guess I can either bring my built WJ or stock Rubicon with sub-par tires... What do you think?

I have a few lamps I can bring, along with bug spray, plates and what ever else I can just get from the store after we meet up and figure out what we're missing.

-Steve
Strizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #10
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

dude, rubi all the way....we like watching racing slicks in the mud

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 06-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #11
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by strizzy123 View Post
So I guess I can either bring my built WJ or stock Rubicon with sub-par tires... What do you think?
-Steve
I say bring the Rubi and see what she'll do as is, it'll give you some idea how well those future improvements actually work.

There's no way I can make the 5th.....25th class reunion that night. If I don't stay out too late I'll try and make the 6th. I'm hoping I can...it's always a blast wheeing with the club.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #12
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
dude, rubi all the way....we like watching racing slicks in the mud
X2! Locked A/Ts should work a bit better than open A/Ts. (and plenty of people have run the trails on open A/Ts.)

Unread 06-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #13
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Sound like a plan!! this should be tons of fun if my jeep is up for it! cross my fingers i don't have to tow her back thought, what should i bring??? TV and XBOX???
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #14
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidcold View Post
Sound like a plan!! this should be tons of fun if my jeep is up for it! cross my fingers i don't have to tow her back thought, what should i bring??? TV and XBOX???
I do have a 400W inverter mounted in the XJ.

Unread 06-24-2008, 09:38 PM   #15
Northsidejeepin
2008 JK Wrangler 

I will definitely bring a generator if need be for the t.v. or anything else. And I will check if my pop-up tent is working. Does anyone know the rules about liquor if you are staying in the campground. I think I saw a sign last time, but maybe that was no liquor outside of camp.
Northsidejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.