"Jeeps Gone Wild" Sept. 28th at the Badlands - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > "Jeeps Gone Wild" Sept. 28th at the Badlands

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 09-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #76
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

hey guys sorry but Im out...I want to wait to wheel the new jeep until my engine skid is installed and its not going to make it by this weekend. Ill be on the next run with the skid and about 2 1/4 inches to help out as well...sorry again and Ill see ya later

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #77
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidcold View Post
Get rid off those question marks!! Lol parts are in so i will be working on it and have the WK ready for sunday!!!!!!!!!!
Whats your (brothers?) name and what color is his XJ? I know you're coming I was just missing some details!

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #78
Acidcold
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc88 View Post
hey if you need any help sat let me know.

Aaron
Appreciate the offer but i couldn't wait so i just removed the part i needed from the donor and replaced it to my stock steering rack to save myself the hassle from swapping them out. A wheel alignment and i'm set to go!
Acidcold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #79
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil101 View Post
hey guys sorry but Im out...I want to wait to wheel the new jeep until my engine skid is installed and its not going to make it by this weekend. Ill be on the next run with the skid and about 2 1/4 inches to help out as well...sorry again and Ill see ya later
Stock XJs are coming out on this trip! Your Rubi will be fine! Just stay off the big rocks.

Unread 09-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #80
Acidcold
2005 WK 

His name is Francisco and his XJ is red.
Unread 09-22-2008, 09:58 PM   #81
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil101 View Post
What's an engine skid?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2008, 10:00 PM   #82
TheEddie

This list is getting a little lengthy.

Unread 09-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #83
Acidcold
2005 WK 

An engine skid is just another name for a mud scoop!
Unread 09-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #84
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEddie View Post
Attendees:
Eddie - White XJ
Drew - Red XJ
Jake - Red YJ
Justin - Red YJ
Sean - Black WJ
Dave - Black TJ
Zach - Black & Orange XJ
Michael - Yellow TJ "Disney Jeep"
Kevin - Yellow TJ
Anthony - Green TJ
Jerry - Silver LJ Rubicon
Carlos - Khaki WK
Francisco - Red XJ
Steve - Black TJ Rubicon
Jason - Black XJ
Jeffrey & Marc - Red TJ Rubicon
Aaron - Black YJ
TJ - Champagne YJ
Jeff - Red YJ
Jim - Green JK
Jeremy - Blue TJ
Bob - Black WK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEddie View Post
This list is getting a little lengthy.
Why yes it is. We may need to split up into two groups.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2008, 10:30 PM   #85
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro95 View Post
Why yes it is. We may need to split up into two groups.
Me and Mike talked about this a while back. I volunteered to lead a mild(er) group that would consist of stockers and others who would like to take it a little easier on their Jeeps.

We talked about running the creek trail as a group as normal and splitting up after that. I don't mind leading but I also would not mind at all if anyone else wanted to lead.

I plan on hitting the dunes for a while, the white trail, the blue trail, running the creek all the way through (towards the opposite side that we don't normally run) as well as playing in the quarry. Basically we would avoid the red/pink, the green (steep trail) and probably the orange. (I would like to hit the orange but probably would not lead the milder group through it.)

I'm open to any ideas that you guys have but that is what we've talked about so far. Any input?

Unread 09-23-2008, 12:07 AM   #86
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, This is going to be an awesome turn out.
Our plan is for everyone to meet at the office parking lot on the top level. We'll get our jeeps ready and I'll be brave and make a small group meeting. Please stick around so we'll know what the plans for that day. After that we'll all line up and do a simple mild "beginners trail" that our club has designed for new jeepers that are new to this hobby. This run is fun yet somewhat easy. Then after that small trail... We'll head to the Rock Quarry and play for while. This area is great to test our jeeps and how well it can perform. Please, take it easy because, We still have to run a few trails. It's not fun to break something and miss out on all the cool trails we'll run. Once we get done playing we'll meet in the middle of the Rock Quarry by the Slate Slabs. We'll gather up and Kevin will lead us on his trail we named "Kevins Trail" this trail is very nice and relaxing yet fun to ride on. After his trail I will lead everyone on "The Creek" the creek is awesome and everyone will enjoy it. Once we are done with "The Creek" we'll end right back in the Rock Quarries. From there we can do what we wish... Like have lunch or do another run as a group or we can split into smaller groups. The next run...Eddie will be leading us on the Blue trail. This is a fun trail but, I have not gone in this trail in years. There are other trails like Pink, Orange, Green and White. Some of these trails we can do but, It all depends on whats going on and who wants to run what trails. The Pink is really fun but, can be difficult. The Orange is also cool but, there are a lot of deep mud pits and may require a lot of pulling each other out. The Green is very cool but has lotsss of steep climbs and steep drops. This is fun but can be scary at times and not so good for newbies. Again, we can go on any trails but, It all depends on whats going on. I just like to say...Be safe on what you do and remember if you drove your jeep to the Badlands and want to get home safely... I strongly suggest to becareful on how you drive your jeep. If you are uncomfortable on doing something when you are at the rock quarry or on the trails ...You don't have to do it. Don't bash your jeep to a point that you won't be able to drive your jeep back home. We all want to get home safely. Other then that ...We'll all have a blast and thanks for joining in our trail run. We do hope that everyone will join our club

Thank You,
Michael
Club President

If you are wanting to join and this will be your 2nd run with our club...You are able to join that day.
If you are planning on joining our club please have your forms signed and have your fee ready.
IGotADisneyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2008, 12:24 AM   #87
fataltherabbit
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Id like to hit the begginers trail first to get a grip of the badlands as i haven't been there before and id totally be up for anything all day .. but i would really like to see the dunes i think that would be sick
[/SIZE] [COLOR="Lime"]Sunday.Drivers.[/COLOR]
fataltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2008, 01:06 AM   #88
Strizzy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I hope my belly up comes in this week. I'd really like to have it on for this run.
Strizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2008, 07:04 AM   #89
cyberpunk
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'd like to try the Orange if it's not too washed out from last weekend, but I don't want to hold the whole group up if I get stuck. I'll play it by ear, but I'm looking most forward to the Creek and Orange.
cyberpunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2008, 07:52 AM   #90
awillard69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like it's going to be a fun time all around. I can't wait.

Make sure you camera's are charged and have plenty of space available. This should make for one nice photo collection.

Jeeps Going Wild
Friend of Tread Lightly
AB9YC
awillard69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.