"Jeeps Gone Wild" November 15th at the Badlands - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > "Jeeps Gone Wild" November 15th at the Badlands

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 11-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #91
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

You should have him look at Four Wheeler Magazines Project: Trail Hugger. Granted it's an H3 Alpha, but they are trying to build a capable off roader, but still keep it's roadside manors.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #92
aaronc88
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by her99TJ View Post
not gonna lie...i would LOVE to see a new H3 beat on!!!

nope i took it to the one on Mich. St. they put in a remani'd tranny and Xcase back in Jan and its still under warranty although i doubt beating on it @ BL counts as 'under warranty'

regardless....those SOB's are gonna fix it! they're not gonna screw me over! they should have done it right the first time!

sorry. i get a little worked up about it!

4L worked great last time, so 4L it is!
Yeah the linkage may be a lil out of adjustment but without the bracket that relocates the linkage to the transfer case/ or remove body lift. Your linkage will eventualy pop out again.

jeep
aaronc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2008, 04:48 PM   #93
mhardw3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm thinking about coming along for this. Im about an hour to an hour and a half SE of indy so if I break up there is there any chance for a tow home? Gas and dinner paid of course. I just dont want to get stranded.

Anything I need to bring along other than tow straps? Do they have food there?
03 ZX6R stunt bike
mhardw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #94
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

none of us trailer our rigs, Red_smoke flat tows his. But we wheel fairly hard and if we break, we fix it there. I encourage you to come along with us, it will be a great time, are you new to wheeling? if so you've picked the right group to come with.

If you have a cb that would be a great help on the trails, makes it much easier. They do have a snack shop, but I think it is only open during the summer, I am not sure on this however. Most of us just pack lunches, but there is a Macdonald's in town thats only about 5 min away from the park that we have gone to a few times. Bring some tools along, but all you have to have is a flag, which u can get there for $15 or at walmart in the bike section for much cheaper I am sure

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2008, 06:35 PM   #95
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Wal-mart flags 4.99 +tax.
rkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #96
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Actually guys, I think my flat towing days are over and I'll be trailering on the 15th. So MHard, if by some chance you do end up in trouble, I can get you back home. This really is a great group of guys, and we'll have plenty of experience along on this trip. Just listen to your spotters, and when in doubt, stay off the skinny pedal! It's always better to be towed off the obstacle than towed out of the park.

Either way, you'll have a blast!
2008 Rubi Unlimited: Gone!
Smashin' Punkin - 06 Rubi LJ, Cummins QSB3.3, work in progress
IndyORV
Red_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2008, 07:27 PM   #97
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeremy, do you have the lift finished? If so lets see some pics! Also thats great news about trailering....I can't wait to get a pick up so I can start trailering mine too.

mhardw3, he is right about the experience we will have there, and even more dead on about staying off the skinny, there is no shame in not doing an obstacle, I would much rather find the easy way then spend all day fixing my jeep so I can drive it home, and to add to that, your jeep is much more capable than you could imagine! Hope to see you there!

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 11-03-2008, 08:00 PM   #98
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
Jeremy, do you have the lift finished? If so lets see some pics! Also thats great news about trailering....I can't wait to get a pick up so I can start trailering mine too.

mhardw3, he is right about the experience we will have there, and even more dead on about staying off the skinny, there is no shame in not doing an obstacle, I would much rather find the easy way then spend all day fixing my jeep so I can drive it home, and to add to that, your jeep is much more capable than you could imagine! Hope to see you there!
haha! about 1/2 done. rear is done, working on the front now. It just made me feel better to update my sig
IndyORV
Unread 11-03-2008, 08:15 PM   #99
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

haha, I hear ya! well it looks good (in the sig) I'm pumped to see it! I may be interested in your old control arms if you don't have them sold yet (and if the price is right)

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 11-04-2008, 05:31 AM   #100
mhardw3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'll get a flag and some tow hooks on and join then.

Anyone meeting in indy and rolling out together? I'll come right through 70 and meet up if so. Just name a time/place.
03 ZX6R stunt bike
mhardw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2008, 06:00 AM   #101
her99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

BTW Jeremy~my sig...thats how i judged what i could go through or not during our last run! haha! just thought youd find that amusing!

Her TJ

www.indyorv.com
her99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2008, 06:48 AM   #102
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by her99TJ View Post
BTW Jeremy~my sig...thats how i judged what i could go through or not during our last run! haha! just thought youd find that amusing!
I figured that's where it came from well you're gonna have to change your test this next time out since the tow hooks are higher!

Mhard - Gribbles is leading the pack outta Indy. Meeting in Lebanon at the Mcclure gas station just west of I-65 at 7:45. I'm coming from Greenwood so I could catch you south somewhere if you wanted. PM me if you want to set something up...
IndyORV
Unread 11-04-2008, 08:15 AM   #103
RubiRed06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

RubiRed Here....Went to Discount tire in Westfield and told them I had a problem with my tires wobbling, they called goodyear....and made me a deal I could not refuse. We are now running 285/75-16 MTR's on the stock rims. These tires are monsters! Nice ride. Havn't ordered the body lift, still trying to find the best for the money.

I did see Rough Country has Quick Disconnects foir $49.99 a pair I am calling in a few minutes to order mine (No more smashed finger) this is alot less then the $115 I have been seeing same warranty. Another note Menards has tow straps at 50% off....Like everyone, money hurts.....but hey were in on the pool to get or partner into the park!

See you Saturday!

Last edited by RubiRed06; 11-04-2008 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: Added more info
RubiRed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2008, 08:23 AM   #104
her99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

eek!

Her TJ

www.indyorv.com
Unread 11-04-2008, 09:42 AM   #105
her99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Unhappy

oh Jeff! I do feel so bad about your finger! Please say its OK for our next run! Or i will be very sad

Her TJ

www.indyorv.com

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.