"Jeeps Gone Wild" November 15th at the Badlands - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > "Jeeps Gone Wild" November 15th at the Badlands

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #31
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidcold View Post
Kinda funny not seeing any Illinois fellas, have fun!
ya its a bummer, I am sure there will be some that can't wait til december to wheel again that decide last minute to go, heres hopin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkates View Post
Did Rod decide to drive or ride? Hay Mike you may want to hit up Jeremy(red_smoke) because I think he was planning on going along with her99tj.
I am not sure exactly what he's doing now that he has the 44 fixed. I am trying to talk him in to wheeling, but I am sure he will go either way, heck I may need a passenger, so he can always jump in with me if he decides not to wheel it, but if I know Rod I am fairly certain he will find a way to wheel.

I was hoping that Jeremy could make it, itll be good to actually be able to really wheel this time, last trip I had to take it easy and head out early cus of some nervous passengers

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #32
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

That sucks, I wheeled with Jeremy last time and it was great. We hit the orange right off, ran the river then hanted trail then went back over to the double by the lake and ended up back on the orange to finish the end of it.

I had alot of fun, jeep took it pretty good with the exception of a couple hickups but all in all great day.
rkates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #33
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I really want to run orange this time, I think we should be able get through it

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 11-01-2008, 05:59 PM   #34
Igetit
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I really want to run orange this time
Yo Mike,
How much lift is needed to do the Orange Trail? I'm stock on 31's, and it's my daily driver. Is that trail rocky?
Paul
Unread 11-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #35
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Dude, you'll be fine. I've ran the orange trail a few times, and my jeep is stock on 31's. You'll have some trouble through the muddy portion coming into the beginning of the trail, and through the "swamp" area, but you'll make it with decent tread on your tires. Just use the skinny pedal to get through that damned mud, and make sure you are watching how the people in front of you navigate an obstacle, so you can see how they manage.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2008, 06:32 PM   #36
LILXJ2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

AHHH I have the Marine Corps ball that night, i would love to make it up if not!!

2000 XJ; JC Offroad bumper http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/...egory_Code=XJB
JKS Quicker Disconnects, Moab Rims with 33's, 6.5" Rusty's lift, Tom Wood drive shaft, slip yolk eliminator, some fender hacking AND an 8.8 that needs to be installed!!!
LILXJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #37
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Oct run we had a newby with a stock jeep on 31's that did fine. only tugged at it one time even though they could have made it if they kept trying.

From what I understand if the swamp doesn't dry out any we'll have to bypass it. We were warned last time that its been getting real bad. Bad enough that they had to drag some rigs out of it.

For anyone that is worried about it, its not a bad trail if you use common sence through it. I'm on a budget boost with 31's and had very little trouble. As stated already just keep an eye on the guy in front of you. If it is to dificult there is an easier way through that someone will tell you about before you get to it.

Almost all of us drive our jeeps on a daily base, we will be driving there and home on our own power. None of us want to see anyone go out and damage their rigs.

rkates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #38
fataltherabbit
1990 YJ Wrangler 

hopefully ill make it to the December run , cash is short right now
[/SIZE] [COLOR="Lime"]Sunday.Drivers.[/COLOR]
fataltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #39
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igetit View Post
Yo Mike,
How much lift is needed to do the Orange Trail? I'm stock on 31's, and it's my daily driver. Is that trail rocky?
Paul
Just like everyone has said, you will do fine, I was pretty impressed with how your bfg ATs held up on our last run that you came on. I am confident you will do fine. Hope to see you there! And no, it is not a very rocky trail, the orange trail is just muck, roots, hills, and off camber areas....so overall a good time

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 11-02-2008, 01:05 AM   #40
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
I really want to run orange this time, I think we should be able get through it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igetit View Post
Yo Mike,
Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Dude, you'll be fine. I've ran the orange trail a few times, and my jeep is stock on 31's. You'll have some trouble through the muddy portion coming into the beginning of the trail, and through the "swamp" area, but you'll make it with decent tread on your tires. Just use the skinny pedal to get through that damned mud, and make sure you are watching how the people in front of you navigate an obstacle, so you can see how they manage.
Not to be a downer, but the first hill (if it hasn't been fixed) in the new beginning is a bit challenging for newer guys. You basically had to hit the hill at the far left and floor it from the bottom all the way up trying not to slide back into the ruts. The ruts got worse and worse as the day went on during the Haunted Trail run. It was a blast though! Just give it hell!

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2008, 06:08 AM   #41
RubiRed06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tj Indy Crew

Is someone leading us outfrom the Lebanon McClure oil? Meeting at 0745 rolling at 0800? We will be there, Hoping to have new Micky T's 33's on the jeep and a 1" body lift if time permits.

For the Beginners, This crew is the best to run with, you will have all the help and guidance you could want to learn new skill. A working Cb is worth evry penny!

Rock Rails - some one mentioned.....Marc and I had ours for the haunted run...in clean up, we found rockrash! We looked at each other, High fived, smiled and kept cleaning. (A little black Rustolium spray paint to prevent rust, and the under carrige looks like new)

We hope to se you all and can't wait for this next trip, our Rubicon hates pavment!

Last note, the hill on theorange trial, If you can make it over, we pull you over! NO worries.

RubiRed06 - Add us to the list, Jeffrey Marc and Teddy
RubiRed06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2008, 06:27 AM   #42
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

yo jeffrey, g'morning. regretfully i'll not be able to meet up with y'all in lebanon this time, maybe next.
i saw the new rock rails get a little breaking in on the hill right next to mascun's ledge. it was awesome. rubiRed's a trooper and i love watching her do her stuff. high-five again! can't wait to see the 33's!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
VOTE for the Rocktober Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2008, 07:47 AM   #43
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeffrey and Marc, I am pumped you guys are coming, love wheeling with you guys! and that is great news about the mickey t's, did you go with the MTZs? if so, you will love them! I know I do! its not a huge deal if you don't have time to get the body lift on before the run, but it will be loads of help! and yes, either Jerry or I will lead, and plan on meeting at the McClure @ 0745 and rolling by 0800 so we can be @ the badlands by 0900

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 11-02-2008, 07:50 AM   #44
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Mike - gribbles (Blue TJ)
Jerry - recoil101 (silver LJ)
awillard69 (TJ)
geaganj (XJ)
Connor - imped4now (Black TJ)
Rod - Hotrod_holigan (Silver XJ)
Mascun (TJ)
Jackbauersmom (TJ)
Robert - rkates (Black XJ)
torpex77 - (4 dr JK)
Jeffrey & Marc - RubiRed06 (Red TJ)

Chris87xj, will you be meeting us in Attica then?

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 11-02-2008, 08:04 AM   #45
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

sorry gribbles, thanks for the invite but me and the xj will be at atterbury exploring old halftrack trails in the woods. if i happen to come across bambi's grandpa things might get really interesting. i'll have to tell you more about it next time i see you.
i've not talked to her99tj in a few days but know she was craving to get back to badlands. i'll give her a call and tell her to boot up that pc. have a good run!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
VOTE for the Rocktober Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.