Jeeps Gone Wild December 6th 'Toys For Tots' hosted by The Badlands - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Jeeps Gone Wild December 6th 'Toys For Tots' hosted by The Badlands

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-05-2008, 12:26 AM   #46
Cowboy1629
1998 TJ Wrangler 

We hope to see you at the event Michael.

()_)-()_)--o-)_)

[I][B]...[URL="http://www.indyorv.com"]IndyORV[/URL]...[/B][/I]
Cowboy1629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 04:06 AM   #47
RubiRed06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Counting down the hours, Jeeps packet and ready to go. I went out for milk this morning at it was 12.5 degrees. I realized that like the Pony Express, we too will brave the elements in search of dirt and trails! we Can't wait for Saturday and possibly hitting the blue or green trail and staying away from the sand and trees! Hope to see you all there, drive slow and drive safe. What a great event and dedication on all your parts to be doing for such a great cause and espite the weather. Anything special we should know about cold weather wheeling other then stay warm?

See you at 0745 at McClure's in Lebanon! MIke hope you can make it! any word on a gathering place in Lebanon for the off season?
Unread 12-05-2008, 06:56 AM   #48
geaganj
2006 WK 

It seems like the local meeting times & places are set; any thoughts on the gathering place on site? I'm sure with the Toys for Tots being there, things will be a little crazy (don't know; first time), so maybe we should pick a spot. Thoughts???

RubiRed, currently 7 degrees in Frankfort (outside Chicago)!!!

Current forcast for Attica, IN (as of 9 am EST):
Tonight
Partly cloudy...then mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow after midnight. Nearly steady temperatures in the lower 20s. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph shifting to the south 15 to 20 mph after midnight.

Saturday
Mostly cloudy. Snow likely until midday...then chance of snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation around 1 inch. Highs in the lower 30s. West winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent.

It will probably be a whole new experience for alot of us, but a blast as always! Bring plenty of layers!!!
geaganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #49
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geaganj View Post
It seems like the local meeting times & places are set; any thoughts on the gathering place on site? I'm sure with the Toys for Tots being there, things will be a little crazy (don't know; first time), so maybe we should pick a spot. Thoughts???
I would say just plan on meeting in the lower parking lot by the canopy and picnic tables again. But you are right, I am sure it will be pretty crazy around there. See you all in the am!

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #50
Northsidejeepin
2008 JK Wrangler 

So we for sure cannot make it. I hope all of you guys and gals have a great time, and I cannot wait to see the pics you guys take.
Northsidejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #51
myblackyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEddie View Post
You going to meet us at the Oasis? 6:45 is the goal.
ya ill see you there its going to be me and my dad
myblackyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #52
TheEddie

Sounds good Chris, see you guys there!

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #53
mhardw3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'll meet up at the gas station in lebanon again. If for some reason Im not there on time dont wait for me, I'll just meet at the park where we were at before now that I know where to go.

Looking forward to tomorrow
03 ZX6R stunt bike
mhardw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 09:11 PM   #54
geaganj
2006 WK 

T minus 9 hours, 51 minutes til open gates!!! I've got a couple of guests comin, so it should be fun! Can't wait, as usual!
geaganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 03:52 AM   #55
mhardw3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'll see you all in the lower lot. Running late
03 ZX6R stunt bike
mhardw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #56
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

Quote:
You going to meet us at the Oasis? 6:45 is the goal.
As you know I couldnt make it. Hope you're all having fun!
QuadraTokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #57
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Alisha and I made it home in one piece despite seeing 2 jack knifed semis on I74 back into Indy and one rolled geo tracker, the black ice was crazy. Hope everyone made it home safely. We had 9 jeeps in all today, I had to leave early (have a work christmas party tonight) we ran kevins trail (then the Illinios bunch showed) the creek, blue, and then I split, not sure what the rest of em did. I have some pics, I'll get them up in the next couple of days. I'll just say that snow makes the trails a little more interesting! We all still had a blast and everyone did great! thanks for bravin the weather fellas!! Oh and Chris (5cents) I still have your other 2 way radio

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 06:34 PM   #58
Cowboy1629
1998 TJ Wrangler 

2nd trip with the group and we had another great time. Like Mike said the snow and ice did make the trails a little more challenging. I hope everyone made it home safely. Luckily I only live about 30 miles south of the Badlands.

Heather took some pictures today so if she sends me a copy I will post them.
()_)-()_)--o-)_)

[I][B]...[URL="http://www.indyorv.com"]IndyORV[/URL]...[/B][/I]
Cowboy1629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #59
TheEddie

This was a great run, and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did! A great way to end the season. I will throw up a mini trail report because I didn't get as many pics snapped as I would have liked, but people can add to mine there. A couple of the Marine's Humvees were playing around in the quarry and I thought that was cool. The piles of toys were enormous. I would say this event was a great success as it usually is. Thanks to 4 Wheels to Freedom for hosting it and we'll be back next year!

Wheeling in the snow was a blast, but I'm glad to be home.

To all the new guys, you all did awesome and I hope to see you out at the next JGW even on March 14th at the Badlands.

Check out the trail report here:
http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthrea...17#post6129117

And add your pics if you were there!

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 09:50 PM   #60
cherokeeKerri
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
This was a great run, and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did! A great way to end the season. I will throw up a mini trail report because I didn't get as many pics snapped as I would have liked, but people can add to mine there. A couple of the Marine's Humvees were playing around in the quarry and I thought that was cool. The piles of toys were enormous. I would say this event was a great success as it usually is. Thanks to 4 Wheels to Freedom for hosting it and we'll be back next year!

Wheeling in the snow was a blast, but I'm glad to be home.

To all the new guys, you all did awesome and I hope to see you out at the next JGW even on March 14th at the Badlands.

Check out the trail report here:
http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthrea...17#post6129117

And add your pics if you were there!
Oh don't worry, I gotchya coverd on the pics! =) I'm loading them up right now. Give me about 3 minutes and they will need to be click free. =)

Matthew and I had a blast as well. I will agree with Mike that the snow made this run one hell of a time. It makes me sad that it will be a long time before we all meet again to EAT UP THE TRAILS! =)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.