Jeeps Gone Wild - Badlands - Sat.-Jan. 3rd - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Jeeps Gone Wild - Badlands - Sat.-Jan. 3rd

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #16
mascun
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebmccall View Post
hey mike os this gonna count as an officail run? and are the trails as tight as redbird? id like to not have to take the jeep back to the body shop this time. lol
Nope this is just an unofficial fun-run. Just goin' down to play and have some fun. As far as the trails they are not nearly as steep and offcamber as redbird was, though there are many difficult sections if you wanna push the limits. Overall it's as tough as you want it to be, but, you can drive around and bypass many of the tougher obstacles.

http://www.indyorv.com/
mascun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 05:22 AM   #17
mascun
1997 TJ Wrangler 

We are heading out today...Not sure if we'll have access to the internet, so for those of you who are gonna meet us we'll see you there (lower lot next to the awning @9:00 a.m. EST) I'll post again later if I can find computer access. Otherwise Cya there
http://www.indyorv.com/
mascun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #18
Machine154
2009 JK Wrangler 

I haven't been to Badlands, but want to go soon. My buddy is thinking he doesn't want to go because the forum says that there is overgrown brush. Is that true that it would scratch up a daily driver? Anyone been there recently?

Also, if I were to go - can you spectate or wouldn't that really work out? Would people be looking for someone to ride shotgun?
Machine154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #19
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine154 View Post
I haven't been to Badlands, but want to go soon. My buddy is thinking he doesn't want to go because the forum says that there is overgrown brush. Is that true that it would scratch up a daily driver? Anyone been there recently?

Also, if I were to go - can you spectate or wouldn't that really work out? Would people be looking for someone to ride shotgun?
They do a pretty good job of clearing the trails, but with wheeling there is always a chance of small branches along the trails. I've been to the Badlands many times and my jeep is not all scratched up....but a few trail pin stripes gives ones jeep character!

We have had many brand new stock jeeps come along for trail runs. Small scratches buff right out anyway.

Just check out one of the many links in my signature, you can see the trails for yourself.

Oh, and the wife says I need to go wheeling tomorrow....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #20
jdunk813
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I wish I could join in on this one. I haven't been, but I've heard some real good things. Have fun guys
Unread 01-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #21
Cowboy1629
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like I'm in, at least the wife didn't say NO. I think both of my daughters are coming too.

Here is kind of what I came up with from the posts. Not an official list or anything, just an idea of who will be there. Feel free to update or correct.

Mascun.................Green TJ
Cowboy................Black TJ
LazySailor.............JK
jebmccall..............XJ
suthernjeeper.......JK
Jomama...............TJ
Rob......................Teal TJ?
Jeffro95................Red YJ

9:00 AM at the shelter...
See you there!
()_)-()_)--o-)_)

[I][B]...[URL="http://www.indyorv.com"]IndyORV[/URL]...[/B][/I]
Cowboy1629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #22
Machine154
2009 JK Wrangler 

All I have to drive tomorrow is a Toyota Tundra (not trailworthy). Anyone that would take a rider? or can you walk the park to spectate? Thinking about bringing the wife's JK there next weekend and would like to know the place a bit first.

Last edited by Machine154; 01-02-2009 at 04:49 PM..
Machine154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #23
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

yawl are gonna have to count me out. my loan check aint gone through yet, and moneys tight till i get that or i get a job. thanks for the invite though maybe next time.
jebmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #24
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebmccall View Post
yawl are gonna have to count me out. my loan check aint gone through yet, and moneys tight till i get that or i get a job. thanks for the invite though maybe next time.
That's too bad...next time!

suthernjeeper.......JK
Jomama...............TJ

See you there!

Updated listing....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 01-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #25
mhardw3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

suthernjeeper.......JK
Jomama...............TJ
mhardw3...........Black XJ

See you there!

Updated listing....
I'm in too. Bringing Kerri and also our newest child since we just found out she is 5-6 weeks pregnant on new years day. He/She gets their first wheelin trip before ever being born
03 ZX6R stunt bike
mhardw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2009, 02:37 AM   #26
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm awake...kind of....and getting ready for the long boring drive....see you there.

Unread 01-03-2009, 04:58 AM   #27
Cowboy1629
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This isone thing nice about living 35 minutes from the Badlands... I'm just getting up and having my morning coffee.

See you all there.
()_)-()_)--o-)_)

[I][B]...[URL="http://www.indyorv.com"]IndyORV[/URL]...[/B][/I]
Cowboy1629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2009, 05:00 AM   #28
mhardw3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

We woke up late. Only going on a few hours of sleep. So we will probably be about 1/2 hour behind. If I dont catch everyone in the lot Ill head to the quarry. See you there
03 ZX6R stunt bike
Unread 01-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #29
mhardw3
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Had fun today, too bad we had to leave a little early. Hit a lot of trails and a few trees. lol. Mashed the right side rocker under the front door. Its flush with the door now. Dented the LR door. Almost lost the LR door handle. It and the LR flare had scrapemarks from a tree but never broke. Rubbed the right side of the roof along a tree but no damage somehow. Pictures to come. We didnt take many but will have up what we did get monday when we're back home.
03 ZX6R stunt bike
Unread 01-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #30
Northsidejeepin
2008 JK Wrangler 

Wow, Mhardw3, sounds like a good time. Can't wait for pics!
Northsidejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.