Jeeps Gone Wild - Badlands - Sat.-Jan. 3rd - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Jeeps Gone Wild - Badlands - Sat.-Jan. 3rd

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-30-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
mascun
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jeeps Gone Wild - Badlands - Sat.-Jan. 3rd

Well here we go again. I got my durango steering box in and working. It was a direct bolt in so, it went pretty easily. That means we are on for Badlands this saturday. Myself and a few from NWIJ will be there. For anyone who would like to join us you are more then welcome to come on down. A couple of us will be there friday and saturday, but, most will show up only for saturday. I know most of you were unable to join us for the interlake & redbird runs, so here's your chance to get that wheelin' fix I know alot of you must be jonesin' for, after seeing the pics and vids. BAdlands is open from 9-5 EST, and we will be ready to head out as soon as we get there. I will again be driving my ford truck pulling my green jeep, and we will park next to the awning in the lower lot. This is an unofficial Fun-Run. Everyone is welcome to join us either day.See ya there.

http://www.indyorv.com/

Last edited by mascun; 01-01-2009 at 11:51 AM..
mascun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
Cowboy1629
1998 TJ Wrangler 

THIS SUCKS!

I'm off that day and would love to come but I'm down to one vehicle and can't chance something happening to my Jeep. (see this link) I already lost an axle u-joint after work Sunday. Have you ever tried to find an open parts store at 7:00 PM on a Sunday? Luckily I was able to get some Chinese u-joint to get the Jeep back on the road for work the next day but I can't risk a major breakdown right now.

Have fun and take some pictures!
()_)-()_)--o-)_)

[I][B]...[URL="http://www.indyorv.com"]IndyORV[/URL]...[/B][/I]
Cowboy1629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Don't think I'll be making this trip Mike. Damn.....
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2008, 08:57 PM   #4
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'd have to know the park conditions before driving all that way. I'm wondering about the flooding conditions. I know the rivers up here are way over their banks, and I can only imagine how that river that runs along the park has effected it.

ps..still haven't fixed my leaky axle seal either.....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2008, 09:35 PM   #5
mascun
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's not supposed to rain or snow all week there. So i'm sure it won't be too bad. I haven't been for a lil while so i'm not familiar with the conditions right now, but, i'm sure you could make a call to the badlands and they'll tell you if it's flooded or not.
Unread 12-30-2008, 10:27 PM   #6
LazySailor
2007 JK Wrangler 

i think im in for this trip....i havent been to the badlands in years....its about 3.5 hours from my house, but, i will be on my way to florida, so why not. just gotta try and not break anything.
Unread 12-31-2008, 10:43 AM   #7
JimZA
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Definitely call before you go. They've had pretty much the same weather as Haspin and Haspin is TOO muddy right now. I would say more than 90% of the park is unreachable with a stock jeep. I saw people getting stuck in the parking area and 4 wheelers getting stuck on the motocross tracks - that's pretty bad.
JimZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2008, 10:44 AM   #8
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Haspin would be muddy if there were a drought. The Badlands dries up real quick, should be fine by this weekend

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2008, 11:10 AM   #9
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

i might be able to make this one. are there entry fees? if so how much? have to buy any flags or any thing? thanks
jebmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2008, 11:43 AM   #10
Jomama
2006 TJ Wrangler 

badlands

Yes Haspin is always muddy,badlands should be fine I have been there in very bad weather did just fine.
Unread 12-31-2008, 02:34 PM   #11
mascun
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebmccall View Post
i might be able to make this one. are there entry fees? if so how much? have to buy any flags or any thing? thanks
Entry fee for badlands is $20 per vehicle and $5 for each additional passenger. They have flags there you can buy, but, you can get an orange bike flag from walmart way cheaper.
Unread 12-31-2008, 03:05 PM   #12
suthernjeeper

we're in, so saturday at 9 in the mornin?
suthernjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 05:53 AM   #13
Cowboy1629
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I might be in after all. Both girls are home from college and really want to go. Of course Heather has been with me a couple of times now but Katie has never gone to one of the off road parks so she is excited.

Not 100% sure yet, the lovely bride hasn't weighed in yet...
()_)-()_)--o-)_)

[I][B]...[URL="http://www.indyorv.com"]IndyORV[/URL]...[/B][/I]
Cowboy1629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #14
Jomama
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Badlands Jan 2nd and 3rd

Mike I have one person so far from my club,he will be there Sat,That is Rob with Teal color Jeep.
Unread 01-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #15
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

hey mike os this gonna count as an officail run? and are the trails as tight as redbird? id like to not have to take the jeep back to the body shop this time. lol
jebmccall is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.