Jeep Jamboree - French Lick, IN October 6-8, 2011 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Jeep Jamboree - French Lick, IN October 6-8, 2011

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #16
msquaredIN
2012 JK Wrangler 

Cool thanks for the info! We can't wait to do our first jamboree!

msquaredIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #17
Tight_wad
2007 JK Wrangler 

I am planning to be there for my first time doing a Jamboree. Sounds like a lot fun.

I will be coming by myself, so I'm not sure where to stay there yet. Comfort Inn is a little much for me to stay there alone. I need to try and keep the costs down, so I may have to see about just camping at the ranch. I did price the Lane's motel, about 80 a night. Any comments or recommendations?

Oh and pizza, if you'll have me, then me like pizza!
Tight_wad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #18
HikerX
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tight_wad View Post
I am planning to be there for my first time doing a Jamboree. Sounds like a lot fun.

I will be coming by myself, so I'm not sure where to stay there yet. Comfort Inn is a little much for me to stay there alone. I need to try and keep the costs down, so I may have to see about just camping at the ranch. I did price the Lane's motel, about 80 a night. Any comments or recommendations?

Oh and pizza, if you'll have me, then me like pizza!
You might check TripAdvisor for other French Lick hotel/motels. Very helpful place and I go there regularly to find places to stay and read reviews about them.
HikerX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #19
WJKorn
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I am looking forward to the large group for pizza Thursday night. A place full of Jeepers is a place I want to be at! It will be great meeting all of you.

Kevin-blk TJ Rubicon
Russell and Beth-blue JK Unlimited
Tom and Will-tan YJ
Norb-red LJ
Larry and Sharon-green JK Rubicon
David-blue JK
WJKorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #20
HikerX
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by msquaredIN View Post
What is the "black group"? I have some offroad experience, stock 12 rubicon with a winch. I would like to be in a moderate group but not absolute beginner.
Just noticed a couple of pics on, ahem, another forum, about your trips to the Badlands. No doubt your Rubicon will do very well at French Lick.

I'd say my last few times with the Black group we had the option of taking an easier line, hard line, or bypass the obstacle completely. I can't speak for any other group there but we've always had a good time with the black group.

If you're picture hungry you can go to my Smugmug site and check out at least 2 years worth of pics from French Lick (though there's a bunch of pics of bigger Jeeps heading down Randy's Ravine that weren't a part of our group). Zakman and others have pics from last year. I skipped it due to doing the 1st Badlands JJUSA. Skipped that one this year since I signed up for this one. Ugh!
HikerX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2011, 08:57 PM   #21
msquaredIN
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yes I have been to badlands 3 times now and love it. I've done a decent amount of wheeling but I'm not looking to beat up my 6 week old Jeep. But I think that will be the mindset of most at a jamboree. Sounds like the black group would be a good fit.
See you all at pizza.
Mark
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #22
msquaredIN
2012 JK Wrangler 

Any insider tips on what to bring?
Anything other than the usual recovery items, tools, CB, wide variety of clothes, hat, snacks, drinks, chairs, sun/bug stuff and sense of humor???

I have read the Jamboree Guide. Just looking for insight from those of you who have done this before and now have a "we should have brought" list.

Last edited by msquaredIN; 09-20-2011 at 12:20 PM..
Unread 09-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #23
tj98
1999 TJ Wrangler 

If the weather is good some of us will pull our doors and leave them at the barn that JJUSA runs the event out of. If your inclined to wheel doorless you might be prepared for that. It's private property with somewhat limited access to that area.

All meals are done at the barn, it's in the middle of the property and works out pretty well.

I don't have my checklist with me, other than what you have listed I usually make sure and bring camera, first aid kit, tp, paper towels, and hand cleaner. I have manual swaybar disconnects on the TJ so I bring zip ties for them as well.

I believe you mentioned having a winch, don't forget your winch gear.
14 JK Unlimited - Wife's
tj98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #24
msquaredIN
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ah thanks for the info. I would have missed tp & towels! I like the door storage option on site.
I always have first aid, fire ext, shovel, strap and winch gear on my springtail. I have a "wheeling" box for trail trips with extra strap, compressor, mud boots, BFH, zip ties, duct tape.
Unread 09-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #25
Zakman
A locked & armored Sport

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like you should be all set!
You'll have a great time.

Looking forward to meeting you.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/z...-sport-671095/
Zakman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #26
WJKorn
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Some of us also have little cards, like a business card made up with our name, email address and picture or description of their Jeep for sharing photos after the Jamboree. I also recommend bringing lots of water.
WJKorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #27
msquaredIN
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJKorn
Some of us also have little cards, like a business card made up with our name, email address and picture or description of their Jeep for sharing photos after the Jamboree. I also recommend bringing lots of water.
Outstanding idea! I was thinking about that because we will have more pics of others jeeps than our own.
Thanks for the ideas!
Unread 09-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #28
Tight_wad
2007 JK Wrangler 

I am all fired up for this trip!

Since I decide to keep my costs down, I will be camping at the Ranch all nights. Hopefully there will be others doing this too. Lets hope for some good weather. But just in case, I am doing some mods to my expedition trailer this weekend that will allow me to sleep comfortably inside it. So barring any un-for-seens, I will be high and dry instead of in a tent possible all cold and wet!

I do like the idea of the business cards with info and pictures on it. Will have to print some up before I go.
Unread 09-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #29
msquaredIN
2012 JK Wrangler 

I was just made aware of an iPhone and Droid app called Bump. It easily transfers contact (and other) info. So between that and some cards we should be able to get some good contact info.
Unread 09-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #30
Tight_wad
2007 JK Wrangler 

Just wondering what time others are planning to get to The Ranch for the vehicle inspection and so on.

I should be leaving out of Warsaw about 9am or so. I will probably run down 31, use 465 west at Indy, and then 37. Lunching maybe in Bloomington and then on to Paoli and to The Ranch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.