Interlake improvement? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Interlake improvement?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-27-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
cjfarmer
1982 CJ7 

Interlake improvement?

i hear Interlake was selected for some BFG Outstanding Trails Program thing.
Any truth to this?
heard they were gonna be installing a rock garden and stuff once the water goes down.

cjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
nwiTJdave

I love Interlake. That place has tons of potential! If only the state was able to purchase the other 10,000 acres with that property when it went up for sale.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
MVines
2010 JK Wrangler 

Cjf, you are correct, they were selected for the award! They are also making a lot of improvements... several clubs are working hard to make ILake great!
MVines is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
Hondo
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I noticed a nice new and huge parking lot right in the middle of the property while the wife and I were out tooling around today. What clubs are involved in the upgrades?
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
MVines
2010 JK Wrangler 

Bluegrass 4x4 and Boonie Riders have been supporting the projects, there maybe others that I am not aware of as well.
MVines is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
ONEMORE2
1988 YJ Wrangler 

BFG will be there this saturday june 7th , not sure whats all going on but I heard there will be a BFG tent set up and some talk about haburgers and dogs and maybe some give aways
88yj, incubus off road wheels,32"tsl radial super swampers,2.5" pro comp lift ,kc lights,rock lights,8000lb.mile marker winch,best top bikini top,nutterbypass,lock right locker in the rear,TJ flares,poison spyder rock rails,home made front flat fenders,Skyjacker nitro 8000 shocks,procomp rear bumper,CB.more to come.
92yj,black with flame job.I have now added a 2003 wrangler,2"BB,dick cepek wheels ,trail armor all four corners,33" BFG-AT's.life is good.
ONEMORE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
JustJeepin85
2005 TJ Wrangler 

anyone else plan to be there? i believe that the new parking lot is the meeting place? 8am is way early but i still may try lol.

heres some more infor for some of you

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php...t=event_invite
JustJeepin85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #8
JustJeepin85
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEMORE2 View Post
BFG will be there this saturday june 4th, not sure whats all going on but I heard there will be a BFG tent set up and some talk about haburgers and dogs and maybe some give aways
just wanted to fix this for ya
JustJeepin85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #9
cjfarmer
1982 CJ7 

I would go and help out but my jeeps not done yet.
Unread 06-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #10
JkE
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've seen alot of videos of Interlake and look forward to spending my weekends there once I move back to the Evansville area at the end of the year. I wish we had anything at all down here in SE Virginia.
JkE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #11
cjfarmer
1982 CJ7 

Let me know how it went guys. and post pics if ya took any!
Unread 06-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #12
cjbilly

The BFGoodrich® Tires Outstanding Trails program was established in 2006 to raise awareness for responsible use and preservation of off-road trails while providing aid in the trails’ conservation efforts. Through 2010, the Outstanding Trails program has recognized 24 off-road trails and 24 clubs across 16 states and two in Canada. The program has provided more than $90,000 in grants in support of the various trails conservation efforts.

Both Tread Lightly!® and UFWDA are non-profit organizations dedicated to responsible and ethical outdoor recreation. BFGoodrich Tires collaborated with these two groups to select the finest off-road trails, and will continue to work with these organizations on restoration and education initiatives.

The Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association (www.ifwda.com), in conjunction with the Boonie Riders and Bluegrass 4x4 (Kentucky club), nominated Trail 19 at Interlake SRA. On April 21st, BFGoodrich announced that this trial had been select as an Outstanding Trail for 2011!

On June 4th, National Trails Day, the Boonie Rides and Bluegrass 4x4 scheduled a work day and trail ride. We were joined by Marcus Baffoe-Bonnie (VP - North American Marketing for BFG) and Pat Brower (United Four Wheel Drive Assoc.). Marcus presented IFWDA and the Boonies with a plaque and a check for $4000. Our guests also pitched in for the cleanup, and went on a quick trail ride. Lunch was a pitch-in affair, with the grill run by Dave from Bill and Dave’s BBQ in Tell City, and much needed COLD drinks provided by IFWDA.

About Interlake and Trail 19

Trail 19 is located on the south-eastern area of the property, just north of the new parking area. Interlake SRA is former coal mine land straddling Pike and Warrick Counties, is now open as a multi-use recreational facility. Interlake is approximately 3550 acres of land with three separate eras of mining and reclamation. From steep rugged spoil banks to rolling hilly grasslands, man-made lakes and final cut strip pits, Interlake is a diverse array of topography and scenic views.

Trail 19 is one of the few trails in the area that can be attempted in a stock or mild vehicle. This two-track runs along one of the property’s many ridges, with several moderate climbs, small mud holes, and off-camber situations. Just enough to give the new four-wheeler a thrill, with a low risk of body damage! Volunteers have also marked out a new “more difficult” extension, dubbed “3 Stones” for the 3 car-sized boulders the trail traverses. This extension still needs cut in, some erosion control put in place, and properly marked. If you have not yet visited Interlake SRA, you need to put it on your list! Camping is available in nearby Lynnville, IN. Hotels and restaurants are just down the road near Evansville.

Special thanks to the people and groups that made this all happen, and will continue working to make MORE outstanding trails:
Rich Reisz (Boonies and IFWDA), Ryan Sweany (IFWDA), Marcus Baffoe-Bonnie (BFG), Pat Brower (UFWDA), Carman Jackson (Indiana DNR), Mike McLeod (Bluegrass 4x4), Tom Hartman (Friends of Interlake), and all of the Boonies and Bluegrass guys and gals!

Great video!!!
cjbilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #13
redding1327
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the info on the happenings Cjbilly. Cant wait to get down to Ilake. I have been wanting to sense I found out about it but gas is just insane. Its about a 2.5 hour drive one way for me so it will cost me around 100 or 150 for gas, lunch and other odds and ends that occur during a road trip. Still hope to get down there this summer. It sounds great.
redding1327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #14
twildt
1978 CJ5 

Wow, this is great! I haven't been on jeepforum for a while and this forum is new to me, can't believe i never found this before! I live a few miles from Interlake and have been there a few times last summer. Last summer was my first summer of wheeling after finally getting my jeep ready. I really liked interlake and i thought last summer it was doing pretty good. Now, i am wondering if there is a new map cuz i really want to check out this new trail and parking lot!!! You can be sure i will be wheeling this weekend and probably the next weekend after finding this out.

As a matter of fact, my profile pic you see under my name is at Interlake from last summer and most of my youtube channel is dedicated to interlake as well, YeeHaw

Habitual MSC#2 in summer and MSC#4 in winter.
My CJ Rebuild - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/tas-cj5-rebuild-1130279
My Youtube Channel - http://youtube.com/tawildt
Other Pics - http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k579/twildt/1978%20CJ-5/
twildt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2011, 11:12 PM   #15
robd2003
2002 WJ 

me and the wife wheeled a few times at interlake in the wj with another member on here. the week before we went alone because we were bored. but yeah, now we have a 2wd xj gonna try to make the best of it! ha, we'll see. def gonna have to check out lynville now
robd2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.