indy mechanic - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > indy mechanic

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 02-22-2010, 06:58 AM   #1
JRocker
2003 TJ Wrangler 

indy mechanic

I live in indianapolis, i have been going to 4 wheel parts but they seem to be priced high. i am looking for a place to grease my wheel bearings.

JRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Shoot Hot_rod_Hooligans a pm. He's local, and works cheap. lol He's a buddy of mine. If you want to wait until the 8-14th, I can do it. I don't really have the time otherwise. Full time work/school and all that.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
JRocker
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I can wait, Im in no hurry.
Unread 02-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

What exactally are you wanting done? Your wheel bearings arn't greaseable. If its just general maintenance we'd be more than happy to show you what you need to do. This way you don't need to pay people to work on your stuff till it gets into the bigger stuff.

Sorry James and Rod not trying to cut you out of anything. There are quite a few of us here locally that help each other out. Isn't that right James

Depending what side of town you live on we could point you in the right direction.

Rod is on the NE side of indpls, James is somewhere between noblesville and anderson ish and i'm on the SE side.

black xj

IndyORV™
http://www.indyorv.com
rkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkates View Post
What exactally are you wanting done? Your wheel bearings arn't greaseable. If its just general maintenance we'd be more than happy to show you what you need to do. This way you don't need to pay people to work on your stuff till it gets into the bigger stuff.

Sorry James and Rod not trying to cut you out of anything. There are quite a few of us here locally that help each other out. Isn't that right James

Depending what side of town you live on we could point you in the right direction.

Rod is on the NE side of indpls, James is somewhere between noblesville and anderson ish and i'm on the SE side.
I don't know what you mean about helping.

The Robert *I* know, would have voted for me in TJOTM lol.

Seriously though...
We'll get you fixed up in no time bro and show you what's what. I live in Pendleton, just off of 69 at exit 14.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
JRocker
2003 TJ Wrangler 

So you cant grease tj wheel bearings? I just thought that it was regular maintenance so I wanted to do it. I do some small stuff like oil changes, and I once changed a water pump and timing chain. I have a BB that I want to install. I live downtown indy, I go to iupui
Unread 02-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #7
all_clear
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I live in Avon and can help you out too. Just shoot me a pm, anytime.

Nathan
all_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #8
JRocker
2003 TJ Wrangler 

awesome, thanks a lot everyone. I have never been a part of a group more willing to help each other out than jeep forum.
Unread 02-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #9
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Front bearings are unitbearings. Its all a big self contained unit. Rear are diff fluid lubed.

Budget boosts are easy to deal with, we'll get you set up.

There is a bunch more of us ready to help out when needed. For those interested head over to Indy ORV and register for our open section. The link is in my sig

black xj

IndyORV™
http://www.indyorv.com
rkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #10
indyjeepnut

JRocker. Do you ever see a lifted yellow TJ with baja claws on it around IUPUI? If you do grab him his name is Justin. He can hook you up with MOJO offroad. Or just go to www.mojooffroad.com We are a club that works on our rigs every Wednesday nite.
indyjeepnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 11:33 PM   #11
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyjeepnut View Post
JRocker. Do you ever see a lifted yellow TJ with baja claws on it around IUPUI? If you do grab him his name is Justin. He can hook you up with MOJO offroad. Or just go to www.mojooffroad.com We are a club that works on our rigs every Wednesday nite.
What's the requirements here? I don't have anything active to be worked on my rig, I just like to tinker and help people out.

Well, I gotta remove my sway and track bars. That's about it currently for my budget.
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 07:03 AM   #12
indyjeepnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhajad View Post
What's the requirements here? I don't have anything active to be worked on my rig, I just like to tinker and help people out.

Well, I gotta remove my sway and track bars. That's about it currently for my budget.
Requirements are as follows

1. You are willing to get dirty. No Nancy boys allowed!
2. You must have thick skin. ( a lot of smack talk goes on)

Come down a check us out.
indyjeepnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #13
JRocker
2003 TJ Wrangler 

okay, i can come out next wed. pm me an address?
Unread 03-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #14
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Same here. I jumped on the forum and looks great. An address is all I need.
Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.