Indianapolis Mechanic Recommendation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Indianapolis Mechanic Recommendation

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-19-2011, 06:16 AM   #1
CruiserClass
2005 WK 

Indianapolis Mechanic Recommendation

Can anyone recommend a good Jeep friendly mechanic in Indianapolis, preferably on the southside?

CruiserClass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
SGTCornewell
2002 KJ Liberty 

bring it over to my house. what do you need done?
SGTCornewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 06:21 AM   #3
CruiserClass
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTCornewell View Post
bring it over to my house. what do you need done?
Right now I don't know. We just bought it and the dealer is looking at it for stumbling issues. I'm sure there will be stuff in the future that is over my head to diagnose or fix, so just planning ahead.

I appreciate the offer though, and will keep it in mind.
CruiserClass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
79indcj7
1979 CJ7 

79indcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

There are plenty of very competent enthusiasts around the area that could walk circles around your average "mechanic". There's not normally a weekend when I'm not working on a rig.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #6
deedubbadoo
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I just bought a YJ from a guy about 2 hours ago. Picked it up in Marion got it to Southport and 37, before I had no gears, nothing. Right now its in a parking lot and I don't know where to tow it to have it looked at. I'd like to know what all is wrong with it before I lose my mind. Any suggestions for me?
deedubbadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I could look at it for you, I work around southport and 65 could stop and look at it . I live not to far from there also. Don't get upset yj's are easy to work on and you can find parts all over. (pickapart) it's prolly just the clutch is out?
ChadjasonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #8
deedubbadoo
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I went ahead and had it towed to my father-in-laws in Martinsville. The crazy thing is, we were cruising on 465 and it popped out of 5th gear, then things got progressively worse. We got to Harding Street and of course hit a string of red lights every take-off worse than the one before. It felt like we were taking off in 5th gear. Finally at Southport Road, we had nothing, wouldn't go at all. I manage to push it off the highway, and into a parking lot where I had it towed from today. They had put a new starter in, so they changed the flywheel, but for some reason didn't change the clutch. We also checked the slave cylinder before we left and once we broke down and noticed the fluid level had dropped down a bit. My brother-in-law said that it could be the synchros (sp) or the slave cylinder. My father-in-law, who was driving it, said it felt like something else, because even if the clutch was out, he felt like he should still be able to shift and catch gears without it. I'm new to manual transmissions, hence why I had someone drive it home for me. I just didn't know where I should looking to see what the problem could be stemming from.
Unread 11-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #9
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds fun I would start from scratch and rebuild it or swap in a auto out of a xj? I have a YJ with a auto (I wheel on rocks a lot) every jeep I've ever bought has had issues that's why people get rig of them. JEEP just -empty -every -pocket
Unread 11-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #10
deedubbadoo
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'm wondering if maybe it's the slave cylinder having seized up, or the synchros going out. I need to find someone in the area to have a look that would know better.
Unread 11-22-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I live off meridian st. Just north of Troy. I could help ya out. Only thing I ask is some help with the lights and bring fuel for the heater. 😃 I can build bumpers and cages also. If you live on southside you may have seen some of the jeeps around? Dirty inc. on windshields
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
Warbossjerry
2013 JK Wrangler 

have a friend that is a great mechanic. I'll get her places number for you tomorrow.
Warbossjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #13
Warbossjerry
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm so bad at posting
The number- 317-244-4327
Warbossjerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.