Indiana members? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Indiana members?

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 10-29-2007, 08:36 PM   #1
Hoosier03
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Indiana members?

Hey to all the Indiana members on here. I just bought a 2004 TJ like 2 weeks ago. I am coming from a 350Z so its been a BIG change to say the least. Anyways I have never really had any buddy's to wheel with. I was just wondering where people meet up around central indiana or if anybody knew a place around Indianapolis to go do some simple wheeling so I can get a feel for this thing before I go nuts! thanks guys!

Hoosier03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 02:56 PM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier03
Hey to all the Indiana members on here. I just bought a 2004 TJ like 2 weeks ago. I am coming from a 350Z so its been a BIG change to say the least. Anyways I have never really had any buddy's to wheel with. I was just wondering where people meet up around central indiana or if anybody knew a place around Indianapolis to go do some simple wheeling so I can get a feel for this thing before I go nuts! thanks guys!
It looks like you are only 80 miles or so, depending on route you take, from Attica Indiana, home of the Badlands. It's worth the trip. Plenty for first timers or old timers. I make the trip from much further away...4 hours...and it's worth it.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 05:10 PM   #3
HoosierJeepGirl
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be interested too if anyone knows of any places in central Indy to go wheelin?..(for a beginner
Unread 10-30-2007, 05:15 PM   #4
lazarus0213

Cool, Im in castleton everyday! There are a few places close to wheel, and a few that are a little bit of a drive, but well worth it. We are going to badlands on nov. the 17th. will probably caravan out of indy, or just north in pendleton. If you are interested in going to noblesville let me know, its fun and have been a few times.

1998 sport, 4.5" rustys full spring lift, ProComp adj track bar, jks quicker discos, Airflow snorkel, 31x10.5x15 Maxxis mudder m/ts on 15x8 058s, dana30 open,chryco 8.25 locked, 4.10s. optima yellow top underhood, Custom JCR winch bumper kargomaster roof rack , 200 amp load boss alt, 2 optima red tops,OBA,Ipod , sirius reciever and 200 amp iso in rear, AND a dump load of hellas
lazarus0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 06:54 PM   #5
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm in Bloomington, and looking for ppl to wheel w/ here in Indiana. I'm new to offroading, but new to Indiana.
I'm hoping to make it to Attica (Badlands offroad park) in November for a trail run.
PM me if you ever wanna go out.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 08:38 PM   #6
Hoosier03
2004 TJ Wrangler 

sounds great guys, I am at college in Bloomington and am waitin on my 350Z to sell so I can bring my Jeep down, If i get it down here and get the lift on it im down to go to badlands. also down to wheel with people in indy, this may sounds stupid but we should all add each other as friends and just message each other when we are going out so the others can come out around indy, just an idea

I know of some pretty fun spots to simply go ride some trails down here in bloomington, my roommate has a pathfinder with 31's, nothing serious but its fun
Unread 10-30-2007, 08:54 PM   #7
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hi ...
If you lik to wait a bit..
We have an trail run at the Badlands on the 24th of next month. Everyones invited to go and have a blast.
Here's a link from our last run on the 28th of this month so, you will have an idea how the Badlands looks like and how our club is like if you wish to join us someday. This was our Halloween Run and next month will be our Turkey Slim Down Run.
http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479697
Here's another link from one of our recent trail runs.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468167
We also have a regional leader from Indiana for our jeep club so, someday he can gather a group to head out to the Badlands.
It's a great time when you go with a friendly helpful group/club. So, Please join us for our upcoming trail run on the 24th of next month. This will be worth your wait

Thank You,
Michael
Club President

Thanks also from Jeffro for taking all those awesome pictures and reports.
He is soon to becoming a member
IGotADisneyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 04:25 PM   #8
CEPCNC
2005 WK 

Hello, I live in Columbus, IN but originally from the Lafayette, IN area. Last month I went to the Badlands 2 times had a blast with my woman. Would love to meet you all there...I'll be in Lafayette for Thanksgiving weekend...would be perfect! Keep us posted.

P.S.>Jeepers only or is there room for a Tacoma in the mix???

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotADisneyJeep
Hi ...
If you lik to wait a bit..
We have an trail run at the Badlands on the 24th of next month. Everyones invited to go and have a blast.
Here's a link from our last run on the 28th of this month so, you will have an idea how the Badlands looks like and how our club is like if you wish to join us someday. This was our Halloween Run and next month will be our Turkey Slim Down Run.
http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479697
Here's another link from one of our recent trail runs.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468167
We also have a regional leader from Indiana for our jeep club so, someday he can gather a group to head out to the Badlands.
It's a great time when you go with a friendly helpful group/club. So, Please join us for our upcoming trail run on the 24th of next month. This will be worth your wait

Thank You,
Michael
Club President

Thanks also from Jeffro for taking all those awesome pictures and reports.
He is soon to becoming a member
CEPCNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 05:04 PM   #9
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hi CEPCNC,

Your Tacoma will do just fine we are open to all offroader even though our club says "Jeeps Gone Wild"
As long as you come out and enjoy that makes our club happy. Thanks for having interest for our club run and hope to see you there.
If you have any more questions feel free to PM me or Email me.

Thank You,
Michael
Club President
Unread 10-31-2007, 07:51 PM   #10
in_motion
1996 XJ Cherokee 

sweet action! i just googled the attica badlands and it's just 3 hours from where i go to school in warsaw. is there any cover charge to wheel there or any other rules i'd need to know about? i probably wont get down there any time this year, but maybe in the spring i'll check it out.
in_motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 09:27 PM   #11
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So you all know our club is mostly a Jeep Club but, We are open to other rigs to join in our trail runs. I would love everyone to join in and have a blast and if ones interested in joining our club and is not a jeep. I do have a section on our club rules that is for other rigs. If you have any questions about that..
You are welcome to PM me or Email me at IGotADisneyJeep@Aol.Com

Thank You,
Michael
Club President
Unread 10-31-2007, 09:29 PM   #12
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

in_motion,

You can see more information at the Badlands website
www.BadlandsOffroading.com
Unread 10-31-2007, 10:45 PM   #13
corby

I am from Indianapolis, but I moved to Oklahoma last August. Be back for a week at Christmas
corby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 10:47 AM   #14
Hoosier03
2004 TJ Wrangler 

hell ya I was talking to my cousin who has a Cherokee that's lifted, its pretty mean and he rolls up to Badlands with his ATV and his jeep, he is flippin that I got a jeep so we can be there, now I just need to sell the Z so I can put a lift and 33's before then... Im definitely down if i get the TJ down
Unread 11-01-2007, 10:57 AM   #15
Hoosier03
2004 TJ Wrangler 

hey also does anybody know how much a body lift would be to install? or how difficult is it? I have never done anything like that before so it worries me that the body could not be straight or something if I do it myself. Thanks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.