Is Haspin acres a good place for stockers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Is Haspin acres a good place for stockers?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
redding1327
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Is Haspin acres a good place for stockers?

I have not been to haspin acres but I have heard both ways on it. Is it a decent place for a stock rig, does it have plenty of trails or will we just get bored with the same 3 trails like I have heard? I want to head up there since its the closest to me but don't want to wasted a day to find it to just be for "big rigs". Any help would be grate. Post pics and vids if you got'em. or ???

redding1327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
foxmb87
1994 ZJ 

Im curious as well I was thinking about taking a trip there or to Badlands....would have done it this weekend if I didnt break my LCA bracket off my axle . You might want to include the state in your thread just a suggestion
foxmb87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
1998zj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Do you like drunk rednecks and mud? If you do you will love Haspin.
Unread 03-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
Oops318
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998zj View Post
Take this for gospel.

It's a fun place, but not much for crawling. Just mud, and few climbs and more mud.

Hit up the Badlands and you'll be MUCH happier.

Bunch of us going on April 9th! See ya out there!

F**K FUEL ECONOMY!
Oops318 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 07:11 AM   #5
Lamont_24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

When I rode fourwheelers there was a really technical section full of rocks. But climbs,mud, and drunkness. I dont want to go there again because I would rather not get hit by some drunk guy offroad. and its not enough to risk my rig drinking. And plus, I'm not 21 yet.
[COLOR="Indigo"]Purple Jeep Club member #13[/COLOR]
Lamont_24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #6
foxmb87
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998zj View Post
I've heard the drunks are terrible out there. I don't mind a little drinking and wheeling but when you get a whole bunch of people with rigs, quads, buggies and everything else thats just asking for something bad to happen. I think Ill drive a little further and go to Badlands
foxmb87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
Jeepzcb09
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ive never seen any one smashed operating a rig out of the 6 times ive been there. It does have some good trails and climbs, they have a really fun creek bead to go thru, and ofcorse the devils back bone.There is a good bit of mud to, which i hate lol. Theres tons of stock rigs there. Its the closest to me thats why i go and i like to drink after a good day of wheelin.

Believe.
Jeepzcb09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 03:00 PM   #8
1998zj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I don't mind the people that drink after wheeling. It is the ones that do it while wheeling that bother me.
Unread 03-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #9
redding1327
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I don't mind the mud so much. I really don't care for rock,(don't have armor yet) but I really like some good hills and just plane ol' trail rides with a little of everything. I am really wanting to go to the thing on the 9th but I doubt I can get up there. I may try to get out for something at Interlake, I know it has plenty of good trails. I'm not "stock" but all I have is a 4" rancho lift and 32's. No lockers, armor,or winch. I really am just stock with a lot more clearance. lol
Unread 03-31-2011, 01:08 AM   #10
nightmoves
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Drunks are a part of life at haspin. Dont leave your rig if you break down either. Ive talked to alot of people that got stuck or broke down and left to get help only to return to stripped rigs.Mud, less and less all the time. In my opinion it is becoming the domain of the atv and dirtbike down there. There are a alot of trails that are fine for a stocker, but they can quickly become too much and you have to turn around. my advice is to go on a weekday and check their website and make sure your not going down there when their is an atv event scheduled. Oh and stay away on holiday weekends or risk running over a 10 year old ridin his lil honda w/o adult supervision. i rolled once down there dodging a Dumb**(* kid darting out in front of me on his lil honda.
Unread 03-31-2011, 05:36 PM   #11
redding1327
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmb87 View Post
Im curious as well I was thinking about taking a trip there or to Badlands....would have done it this weekend if I didnt break my LCA bracket off my axle . You might want to include the state in your thread just a suggestion
Yeah, sorry I didn't put the state in. It just never crossed my mind. LOL I will try to remember that when I post anything.
Unread 03-31-2011, 05:42 PM   #12
redding1327
1997 XJ Cherokee 

If anyone feels like it we could try Interlake in southern IN sometime. I don't really know bout the parks around here. I have always gone to small private lands but they have all stopped letting people come out because of all the "big rigs" destroying any trails they have. I really wanna get back out though. I finally got a trail worthy jeep again so I am stoked about getting some trail under it.

P.S. Not big on DRUNKS but will drink a couple after a good day on the trails if anyone is game...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.