Haspen deaths - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Haspen deaths

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #1
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Haspen deaths

Trying to push safety on our group. Been reading some things but get a number on it. I know it's a lot I've been there during a few. It's seems that it's on the don't ask&don't tell hush hush

ChadjasonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Really please tell.
Have never seen anything about this.
I was at Flat Nasty the day the rock rolled down Get it Billy and caught the guy between the rock and a tree. RIP.
Never seen or heard anything about Haspin.
Unread 05-12-2011, 04:28 AM   #3
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I googled it talks about a few a girl in a jeep and two other guys. The jeep was the was last mouth says she got between the roil bar. But that's all I can find? I've been there a few times but it always seems like hear say.
Unread 05-12-2011, 04:38 AM   #4
nightmoves
1995 YJ Wrangler 

ive been there for a few but they were all atv accidents. I have friends from the area and know a few that work for the county EMS and they say the busy warm months keep them hoppin out there. like i said havent heard of many in jeeps.
Unread 05-12-2011, 06:15 AM   #5
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Cool that's what we talked about at safety meeting (watch out for atv's) there's going to be so many people there the 14th.
Unread 05-12-2011, 11:13 PM   #6
nightmoves
1995 YJ Wrangler 

yea thats rule #1 at haspin. they think they own the place and in a way they do. Thats where the big money is because of all the races they host so the owners let em run roughshot over everybody else.
Unread 05-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #7
ms5490renegade
2010 JK Wrangler 

haspin is a joke as far as safety is concerned. your not even safe in a jeep since half of those people are wasted driving around the park. they air lift someone out of there weekly.
2010 JK: RK 3.5 inch lift, KC long range lights on KC brackets, Teraflex front shocks, Bilstein rear shocks, Flowmaster super 44 exhaust, AFE cold air intake, Kicker L7 12", Crunch 1000 watt 2 channel amp, Alpine sound bar speakers.
soon to add: 315-75-16 Dune Grapplers and 16x8 soft 8's
ms5490renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 04:41 AM   #8
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Wasn't to bad we got there late sat with the rain everyone was leaven. Found a kid asleep in his stock Tj stuck (been there 12hrs) pulled him out he had two flats. Seen him up front he got sand in his eyes trying to reset the tire bead. Was helping until I saw the all the beer cans in his jeep(wasn't going to help him drive home drunk)
Unread 08-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #9
AWOL007
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I've been thinking about a trip here but now I'm reconsidering. Is there a better time of year to go, when it's less crowded?
AWOL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #10
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

When the other parks are having a big event? It's ok just have to be careful, were going around the first if my jeep makes back from Harlan co ky this week
Unread 09-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #11
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

As long as they let alcohol in you are gonna have crashes and deaths that's why i dont go to Haspen,Badlands are bout same drive for me so i just rather go there,not near as many quads there and NO booze allowed in park.Dont get me wrong i like to drink but not behind the wheel,i wait til back at hotel when you can relax and enjoy,I dont need to drink while wheeling to have a good time.
rfjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #12
Flaggdog
1979 CJ7 

I live less than 40 minutes from Laruel. I've been to Haspin alot when I was younger, not so much anymore. However a very good freind of mine lives right next to it,(3rd driveway past entrance) and according to him, every year, including this one, lifeline medical helicopter is out there every weekend. For those that have been there recently, you know exactly why. I was at his house earlier this spring, and there was a death that very same weekend. So yeah, people get hurt at Haspin. I don't know what's worse, the lack of safety(common sense), or the locals. I know of one person who was riding there quad, only to have it stolen down there. Was later found at the longbranch, after some "persuassion". You can still have fun down there, just be aware of your surroundings. Or go to a real off road park, Attica is one of the best in the country, and not that far either.
Flaggdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.