French Lick Jamboree Lodging - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 31 Old 08-23-2008, 06:56 PM
HikerX
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
When I've been to the Badlands I have realized my limitations. I couldn't even drive over a log one time due to the TC skid...

I also drove my TJ out to Colorado and Wyoming two years ago and drove it on trails around Ouray (such as Imogene Pass and the Alpine Loop). Dang, that was fun! I bottomed out a few times. It is my goal next Spring to build up my TJ and drive it back to Colorado again! Then French Lick...

If I knew the XJ would make the trip (questionable at this point) I'd follow you out there.

Back in '04 I took a trip out there in my '04 TJ and wandered all over the Colorado Springs and surrounding area, with a brief trip up to WY where I got lost (in a good way). Since I was solo, I focused more on hiking destinations than wheeling, but I did do some things that I couldn't have done had I not done the '04 Daniel Boone Jeep Jamboree, as far confidence in my ability was concerned. I remember seeing your report on your trip and was truly envious of where you went. The "hardest" thing I did was go up Mt Herman Rd (I think that's what it was) and branched off to several of the forest service roads.

One of these days I should do a 4 year old trip report.

I'm sure my 5 y/o would rather do French Lick in our old TJ than the XJ. Still, it'll be fun to see how the XJ does...

'14 WK2 Limited
Previous Jeeps
'11 JKU - '96 XJ Country - '04 TJ - '86 CJ7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.