French Lick Jamboree Lodging - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > French Lick Jamboree Lodging

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #31
HikerX
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
When I've been to the Badlands I have realized my limitations. I couldn't even drive over a log one time due to the TC skid...

I also drove my TJ out to Colorado and Wyoming two years ago and drove it on trails around Ouray (such as Imogene Pass and the Alpine Loop). Dang, that was fun! I bottomed out a few times. It is my goal next Spring to build up my TJ and drive it back to Colorado again! Then French Lick...

If I knew the XJ would make the trip (questionable at this point) I'd follow you out there.

Back in '04 I took a trip out there in my '04 TJ and wandered all over the Colorado Springs and surrounding area, with a brief trip up to WY where I got lost (in a good way). Since I was solo, I focused more on hiking destinations than wheeling, but I did do some things that I couldn't have done had I not done the '04 Daniel Boone Jeep Jamboree, as far confidence in my ability was concerned. I remember seeing your report on your trip and was truly envious of where you went. The "hardest" thing I did was go up Mt Herman Rd (I think that's what it was) and branched off to several of the forest service roads.

One of these days I should do a 4 year old trip report.

I'm sure my 5 y/o would rather do French Lick in our old TJ than the XJ. Still, it'll be fun to see how the XJ does...

'04 TJ
'86 CJ7
HikerX is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.