French Lick Jamboree Lodging - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > French Lick Jamboree Lodging

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

French Lick Jamboree Lodging

Can anyone suggest a clean hotel in Paoli? We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Bedford IN last year. Taking two Jeeps this year would like to find something closer to save a little gas.

Not looking to camp, still getting the wife used to the Jeep, one hurdle at a time

Thanks!

Unread 06-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
wdw
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj99 View Post
Can anyone suggest a clean hotel in Paoli? We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Bedford IN last year. Taking two Jeeps this year would like to find something closer to save a little gas.

Not looking to camp, still getting the wife used to the Jeep, one hurdle at a time

Thanks!
I know one.

You got a PM

I was at the HI in April. It went down hill some.
Unread 07-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #3
HikerX
2011 JK Wrangler 

One of the conditions of me going this year was that I told my wife she could make a spa day (or 2) out of it while me and our 5 y/o hit the trails. I haven't made reservations yet so I'm hoping they still have rooms available. Considering the prices they charge, they should have plenty.

Guess I should get on that huh....
'04 TJ
'86 CJ7
HikerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2008, 07:18 AM   #4
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Not a bad idea, we signed up late last year and Bedford was the closest place I could find not knowing the area. WDW and a couple of other Jeeps were in the same hotel.
Unread 07-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #5
HikerX
2011 JK Wrangler 

What was the schedule like last year (or in recent previous years)?

I'm still trying to decide about where to stay Saturday night. We have family in Columbus (Indiana), and my initial thought was to head back there Saturday night, but not if there's like a dinner or awards thing.

Seems to me at the '04 Daniel Boone JJ we had a dinner and awards thing, but well before dark. But, that was 4 years ago and I my memory isn't what it used to be... Plus, I was camping. Solo. Things change when wives/kids come along.
'04 TJ
'86 CJ7
Unread 07-02-2008, 08:37 PM   #6
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

They had "Jeep Games" on Thursday night. We did the blind driver but missed the slow climb (slowest uphill climb without stalling).

Lunch and dinner both Friday and Saturday was at the barn on the grounds. Saturday night was door prize night, it seems like they started around 6:00 with the meal and 7:00 for the door prizes and a few awards. I won an Amsoil gift certificate, I was able to get nearly a full case of synthetic gear lube.

IIRC they had a breakfast Sunday morning, rather than back track we just went to a Shoney's next to the hotel.

Last edited by tj99; 07-02-2008 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: clarification
tj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 08:52 AM   #7
Northsidejeepin
2008 JK Wrangler 

Where exactly is this french lick event?

Sorry if that's a bad question!
Northsidejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #8
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsidejeepin View Post
Where exactly is this french lick event?

Sorry if that's a bad question!
Now why would you ask that?

It's actually in Paoli IN at a place called Wilstem Ranch. My understanding is that normally they only allow horses on the trails but for two weekends a year they allow 4x4s.

Paoli is only a few miles from French Lick, IIRC it used to be held somewhere else closer to French Lick.

It's pretty cool, they have trails for all types of Jeeps and Jeep people.
Unread 07-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #9
Northsidejeepin
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks, i'll be sure to take a look!
Northsidejeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #10
HikerX
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
They had "Jeep Games" on Thursday night. We did the blind driver but missed the slow climb (slowest uphill climb without stalling).

Lunch and dinner both Friday and Saturday was at the barn on the grounds. Saturday night was door prize night, it seems like they started around 6:00 with the meal and 7:00 for the door prizes and a few awards. I won an Amsoil gift certificate, I was able to get nearly a full case of synthetic gear lube.

IIRC they had a breakfast Sunday morning, rather than back track we just went to a Shoney's next to the hotel.
Thanks for the rundown.

Well, I'm officially signed up, and have confirmed lodging. We're staying at the resort hotel, mainly so my wife can take advantage of the spa and other amenities. Basically it's our family vacation this year.

Now to go cash in a CD. Seriously...

As it gets closer one of us should start a "who's going" thread. I'll be coming from the Lafayette area. You'll recognize me by the squeaking and shaking green XJ........ Since this will be the first time I've had this particular Jeep off road, we'll likely stick to beginner trails, or maybe an intermediate on Saturday depending on how it does (and my 5 y/o passenger). I've gone from a CJ to a TJ, now an XJ. Should be interesting.
'04 TJ
'86 CJ7
Unread 07-25-2008, 07:07 AM   #11
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Glad to see you got signed up, we may be in the same group. Last year they told us the 30" tires limited us to the newbie group. It's all fun though. The guide and tailgunner we went with last year did an awesome job.

My wife and I will be in a White TJ and our son is in a brown TJ.
Unread 07-25-2008, 07:47 AM   #12
HikerX
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Glad to see you got signed up, we may be in the same group. Last year they told us the 30" tires limited us to the newbie group. It's all fun though. The guide and tailgunner we went with last year did an awesome job.

My wife and I will be in a White TJ and our son is in a brown TJ.
My 235s will probably relegate me to the same group, which is perfectly fine for me.

The last time I was there ('97) we staged at a fairly large factory parking lot for the trip to the ranch. Did they do that last time you were there, or does everyone head straight for the ranch and then subdivide?

Sorry for the zillion questions...
'04 TJ
'86 CJ7
Unread 07-25-2008, 08:14 AM   #13
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

We staged in a grassy area next to a barn that had been converted to a gift shop / dining area. We ate all our meals there.

Here is a picture of the lot and barn (our Jeeps aren't in the photo). The Rescue Green JK was with us. It had about 1500 miles on it and this was it's second Jamboree.
Unread 07-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #14
JKPirate08
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks!
Reading is Fundamental! I see you've been taken care of.

Last edited by JKPirate08; 07-26-2008 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: Failure to read all posts!
JKPirate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2008, 09:20 PM   #15
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, were going to be at the Midwest Inn in Paoli. I remember seeing it from last year but didn't stay there.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.