Ford 8.8 Installation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Ford 8.8 Installation

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 01-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
sensor5
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ford 8.8 Installation

Hello, I am ditching the Dana 35 out of my 2004 TJ and purchasing a Ford 8.8 from East Coast Gear Supply. Anyone in the Indy area done this and can offer help with the installation? Any advice? I'm primarily concerned with connecting the brake lines. I would love to have a nice locker, but cannot afford the extra cost, so I selected a rebuilt limited slip. Also, I don't plan to install adjustable upper control arms or SYE.

Build Sheet:

Adpater Flange/Yoke Option: 1310 Adapter Flange (+$35.00)
Suspension Lift: 0"-2"
Shaft Options: Good Used Shafts
ADD DIFF COVER: Solid Cover
ADD POSI: Rebuilt Factory Limited Slip (+$150.00)
Driveshaft Style : NON CV- STOCK
Brake Options: New Calipers/Pads/Ebrake Shoes/Rotors (+$180.00)
Reman Unit with New Gears: F8.8- 4.56 (+$535.00)
FINISH: Flat Black

sensor5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
ryan6580
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Is it still a c clip axle? I almost went this route in my 2000 TJ but I didnt want a c clip axle. I found a dana 44 out of a 01 TJ for $800 and put in an arb and 4.88's
ryan6580 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
sensor5
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yes...I wish I could find a deal on a 44 like that.
sensor5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
ryan6580
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Craigslist.....jeep. forum. ..they're out there. Just gotta hunt....lol
Unread 01-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
ryan6580
2000 TJ Wrangler 

My buddy just bought a jk rubicon front axle for $1200.
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #6
smoan
2000 TJ Wrangler 

im pretty sure ECGS puts on a bolt where you can mount your stock 8.8 brakeline. if not you can just drill a hole and use a 7/16-20 tap to use the breather out of your dana 35 and bolt it up. i just built a 8.8 with the artec truss over Christmas break. PM if have and any more questions.
smoan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.