Dirty Turtle off road - JeepForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 08-06-2012, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
ryan6580
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: wanatah
Posts: 392
Dirty Turtle off road

Im from NWIndiana Jeepers and we are planning a trip to dtor on the 24-26 th this month. So far there's 4 of us heading down. Its just over the Ohio river in Kentucky. 270 acres roughly. Looks like fun. Like to extend the invite to the jf community. Thanks Ryan

ryan6580 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 08-14-2012, 09:06 PM
AllBlacksWin
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Hey just found you guys. I would like to catch up with you guys. The trip sounds cool, but I'll be gone on a bachelor party. Do you guys have any other trips planned? French Lick jamboree in October?
I saw you all meet at bass pro 3rd Fridays. What time?
AllBlacksWin is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 08-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Jeffro06
Registered User
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan6580
Im from NWIndiana Jeepers and we are planning a trip to dtor on the 24-26 th this month. So far there's 4 of us heading down. Its just over the Ohio river in Kentucky. 270 acres roughly. Looks like fun. Like to extend the invite to the jf community. Thanks Ryan
Jeeps Going Wild is part of the JF community, so I guess we count. Personally I'm not up to traveling that far for 200 acres though, the Cliffs and the Badlands are closer, and bigger.
Jeffro06 is offline  
post #4 of 14 Old 08-15-2012, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
ryan6580
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: wanatah
Posts: 392
We meet at 7! The 24th is our next meeting.
ryan6580 is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 08-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Jeffro06
Registered User
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,852
Maybe you should try and get your own club section, like we have......or had.....I'm not sure anymore.
Jeffro06 is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 08-15-2012, 06:29 PM
AllBlacksWin
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Thanks Ryan. I'll be out of town for the 24th, but I'll be there in september for sure.
AllBlacksWin is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 08-15-2012, 07:25 PM
LeadDog
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Maybe you should try and get your own club section, like we have......or had.....I'm not sure anymore.
Club? What club? We don't need no stinkin' club!

The scenery never changes unless you're the Lead Dog.
LeadDog is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 08-15-2012, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
ryan6580
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: wanatah
Posts: 392
Yeah im not much of a club guy but there's some good people in ours! Hard to coordinate anything especially when you live in flat country! I hate Indiana! If it wasnt for my job id be in Arizona!
ryan6580 is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 08-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Jeffro06
Registered User
 
Jeffro06's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Total
Posts: 9,852
Moved.
Jeffro06 is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 08-23-2012, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
ryan6580
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: wanatah
Posts: 392
Leaving tomorrow around 4:30 to head down to dtor park. Feel free to change all your plans with friends and family to try and conquer bounty hill!
ryan6580 is offline  
post #11 of 14 Old 09-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Miotch09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Austin
Posts: 2
Wish I would have found this post sooner. I live about 45 minutes from DTOR. I would have met up with you for sure but maybe next time. How did you enjoy the trip?
Miotch09 is offline  
post #12 of 14 Old 11-18-2012, 02:19 PM
redding1327
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: seymour
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
Jeeps Going Wild is part of the JF community, so I guess we count. Personally I'm not up to traveling that far for 200 acres though, the Cliffs and the Badlands are closer, and bigger.
Bigger is not always better. Dtor is actually closer to 350 acres now, and it's the best 350 you will find without traveling out west or paying out the rear for a jeep jamboree. There are several groups that travel form the east cost, Texas, Florida, and Cali every year for events at DTOR. It's not big, but it's well worth the drive. I hope you change your mind at some point and head that way. The worst that could happen is you disagree with me and don't go back, right. Happy jeeping to all.
redding1327 is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 11-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Danno6102
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by redding1327 View Post
Bigger is not always better. Dtor is actually closer to 350 acres now, and it's the best 350 you will find without traveling out west or paying out the rear for a jeep jamboree. There are several groups that travel form the east cost, Texas, Florida, and Cali every year for events at DTOR. It's not big, but it's well worth the drive. I hope you change your mind at some point and head that way. The worst that could happen is you disagree with me and don't go back, right. Happy jeeping to all.
I went in March. Was not impressed. It was just Ok. Maybe I need a guide to show me the cool stuff, because nothing I saw impressed me enough to drive 2 hours to go back, when I can drive 2 hours to the Badlands.

IndyORV
My Build

"Evolution through carnage, the Jeep will keep what it needs."
Danno6102 is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 01-17-2013, 06:04 PM
redding1327
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: seymour
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
I went in March. Was not impressed. It was just Ok. Maybe I need a guide to show me the cool stuff, because nothing I saw impressed me enough to drive 2 hours to go back, when I can drive 2 hours to the Badlands.
The interesting thing about the turtle is, the trails always change. Some of them stay the same such as the perimeter trail. Most get longer or harder as the year goes by. They also work hard to ad new trails frequently. If you went in march of 2012 I would encourage you to try it again in march of 2013. You will be surprised at how different it is.
redding1327 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome