Death Wobble please help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Death Wobble please help

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #16
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

also if it happens again check all the bushings in the control arms. bigger beefier control arms will help. always make sure u drive with your front swaybar hooked up it will lead to it, and make it happen a lot worse if you leave the sawybar unhooked. a better stabilizer would make a difference although if everthing is tight that one should do. and i would just replace the tracbar with an adjustable aftermarket one. i really like rough country they make a good product and have the best customer service out there. they will repalce anything no questions asked

Toby36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #17
prckartracer6
1997 TJ Wrangler 

well back to death wobble. it didnt do it when i test drove it the night after i rotated tires, but then it ended up doing it again the next day. i would love to go ahead and buy a trac bar and control arms but im a senior in highschool and dont get tht many hours and i have insurance and gas to pay for so i am low on budget, and im trying to narrow down the small things that i can do before i spend a bunch of money on them and they dont help. i had my uncle look at it (hes pretty good with auto work). he noticed some slop on the thing comming from steering box, so he tightend bolt on top a little hoping it would work, but it didnt change, we then noticed that the shaft going into the steering box has about a quater inch of play, i am wondering if that is normal or this is could be causing it, cause a new steering box is pricey. thanks, Cole
prckartracer6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #18
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I feel you on that one i am also a senior in hs and am only working part time but luckly have an awesome jon in the summers making about 600 dollars a week and helps the jeep keep rolling everday lol. My jeep just started to go back into death wobble mode about 2 weeks ago and has me stumped
Unread 01-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #19
prckartracer6
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My summer I make like 400 a week. I do what I can to it when I have money. I'm really just trying to figure this problem out asap. What all have you tried?
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #20
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have put lower control arms new hub drop pitman arm steering stablizer tracbar. I think i need a new ujoint and thats my current problem. Do you know how far u live from lafayette i just seen u r from indiana
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #21
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prckartracer6 View Post
im from Newburgh, IN. 1997 Wrangler TJ and i put a 2.5in Rough Country coil spring lift with Rought Counrty 2.2 shocks on, and i also got a replacement stablilizer. at first it did do anything different, but now at random times when im going around 55 i get death wobble. it did not have death wobble before i installed the lift. i took it to Car X in evnasville to get alignment. i was wondering if that was a good place to go, and if not then what is a good place to go to find out what my problem is?
thanks Cole
Do you understand what Death Wobble is... or is this a balance issue?Please elaborate on the feeling you are getting while driving?
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #22
prckartracer6
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sre how far bu I'm in Newburgh. Right by evansville. The thing I'm experiencing is my wheels start to woblle at bout 55 and if I don't let off he gas it will start to shake very violently
Unread 01-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #23
Toby36
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thats about 3 hrs thought maybe i could be some help. Are there any jeep or 4x4 shops down there where u could take it and habe them check it out
Unread 01-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #24
prckartracer6
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That'd be great. I have another forum about this. I posted it in technical tj forums. I have yet to find one
Unread 01-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #25
C54
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Drivelines Plus on Morgan Ave may be able to help you, if not they would be able to tell you who can. They deal with lifted vehicles on a daily basis. I work at Hamlin rental which is just off of morgan. I could prolly take a look at it one afternoon if you would want me too. I am not making any promises, but I have worked on several lifted trucks and my own jeep. Not to mention I turn wrenches for a living. If you are interested just shoot me a pm. I will try to check on here tomorrow during the day sometime.
C54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #26
prckartracer6
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ok. Well when I get home I will send you the link to other forum I have going. It has updated problems, and things I've tried. Thanks
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #27
xjhound
1990 XJ Cherokee 

i had a busted belt in a tire something to check
xjhound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.