Badlands Trip August 6th - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Badlands Trip August 6th

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 07-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #16
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

also.. if you guys want more info.. check out www.forbiddenjeeps.com

there is basically a cumulative list there from the most common jeep forums of everyone going.

Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #17
boilerup1998

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Im thinking about joining you guys if that's cool? I'm pretty new to the Jeep scene, but have been dying to get her on the trail. Just added an M8000 & now have a little more confidence in my ability to get out of a bad situation.
Does anyone have an objection to me bringing a buddy who runs a 70's Bronco on 35's?
boilerup1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 04:37 AM   #18
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I just ordered a CB yesterday, so I'll be studying my trucker lingo. Hope to get it installed next week.

I've never been to the badlands, so I'll need to grab a flag when I get there. How does everyone attach theirs to their rig?
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #19
Apocalypse
2008 JK Wrangler 

Lots of options, people bolt em up all kinds of places. If nothing else take a bunch of zip ties and attach it to your tire carrier or something. Any open light tabs you have would work as well

Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #20
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerup1998 View Post
Im thinking about joining you guys if that's cool? I'm pretty new to the Jeep scene, but have been dying to get her on the trail. Just added an M8000 & now have a little more confidence in my ability to get out of a bad situation.
Does anyone have an objection to me bringing a buddy who runs a 70's Bronco on 35's?
you will be fine. Anyone who doesnt have a winch we just stick between 2 people who do in case they get stuck its easy to pull them in any direction. and sure.. bring them along. I actually have been trying to get my buddies Bronco running so he can come out with us but its been quite a chore.
Unread 07-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #21
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno6102 View Post
I just ordered a CB yesterday, so I'll be studying my trucker lingo. Hope to get it installed next week.

I've never been to the badlands, so I'll need to grab a flag when I get there. How does everyone attach theirs to their rig?
There are a million different ways to attach a flag. some people use zip ties... some people make their own mount. I went to the easiest secure way... If you go to pretty much any bicycle shop you can buy a flag and a mount \ there that attaches to bike axles. They are about 5-8 bucks. Badlands flags are 20 bucks.. but have a lifetime warranty on them. Coincidentally.. that axle mount fits perfectly on the bolts around jeeps windshield.. so i just loosened the bolt and put the bracket on and tightened the bolt back up. It doesnt rust or anything so I never remove it.

Oh.. and there is a guy driving down from canada to offroad with us and he is bringing his kid.. and I belive a couple other people are as well.
Unread 08-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #22
Danno6102
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

CB should be here today! UPS put it on the wrong damn truck yesterday, but at least I got the antenna mounted & the cable run.

We'll be driving up Saturday morning. Anyone else coming from South, East or Southeast side of Indy? Not sure if we're going to be camping or not. Might hang out for a while after wheeling, then head back home. We'll see.
Danno6102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #23
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
CB should be here today! UPS put it on the wrong damn truck yesterday, but at least I got the antenna mounted & the cable run.

We'll be driving up Saturday morning. Anyone else coming from South, East or Southeast side of Indy? Not sure if we're going to be camping or not. Might hang out for a while after wheeling, then head back home. We'll see.
there are a couple that are hanging out after wheeling and then either going to a hotel (they dont camp) or heading back home. There are a couple people coming from around Indy, but they are on another forum. if you dont convoy over with them this time then maybe on one of the next trips.
Unread 08-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #24
thedirtman

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTheft View Post
How built up are the jeeps in the group going to be? I live a few hours north of Attica and would like to go, but my jeep is fairly stock. 1" shackle lift and 1" BL with 30x9.5R15 tires. Would my jeep be able to keep up with the others? Also this would be my first time at the Badlands.
You should be able to keep up with nick. There will be some others there that are close to stock like me.
Unread 08-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #25
thedirtman

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

It is best to mount it to the front bumper. It really does no good to put it on the rear.
Unread 08-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #26
chris_ce
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I went to Badlands about two weeks ago had a great time. Word to the wise stay the heck out of the culverts. Water was 40 inchs deep coming out and dropping down. Covered my hood and sucked about 2 or 3 gallons of water into my motor. Had to pull all the plugs and pump out the water. Two years ago the water was only about 8 inchs deep.
chris_ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #27
Slacker1201
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
New to this forum, been over at wranglerforum.com for a few months.

I'm looking at wheeling the on 6th. Girls are going out of town & me & my son need something to do. Was thinking of making a trip to Interlake, but might join this group if you all don't mind. It's about an hour shorter drive for me than Interlake.

Anyone else bring kids. My boys only 4, goes by the name of Bubba.
I usually bring my son (just turned 6), but I have prior arrangements for Saturday. I'm hoping to meet up with some of you on Sunday though.
Unread 08-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #28
wdw
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker1201 View Post
I usually bring my son (just turned 6), but I have prior arrangements for Saturday. I'm hoping to meet up with some of you on Sunday though.
To bad. There are some of us going down and back on Sat but not on Sunday
Unread 08-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #29
Longlegs
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman

You should be able to keep up with nick. There will be some others there that are close to stock like me.
Close to stock when it's parked in your shop where all your parts are maybe!!

Wish I was going. Dang family reunion....
Longlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #30
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longlegs View Post
Close to stock when it's parked in your shop where all your parts are maybe!!

Wish I was going. Dang family reunion....
yeah.. it seems like we are going to have like 40 jeeps. you see all the new sponsors i got for my event overlabor day weekend? i just got OR Fab yesterday.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.