Badlands Trip 3-24-2012 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Badlands Trip 3-24-2012

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 02-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Badlands Trip 3-24-2012

Looks like thats a good date for a lot of people to hit the trails at the badlands.. Figured I'd make a thread to get a head count going. Theres about 8 of us planning on making the trip. Gonna be at the lower lot around 9:30am Indiana time. I personally wont be camping out since it will still be cold.. so its just a one day trip for me.

Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Oregon187
too broke to build

2001 XJ Cherokee 

I'm going to try to be there that day with a friend or two. I may not make it that early though, I have to get my kids up and going (that's what I tell people so they don't think that I suck at getting up early).
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon187 View Post
I'm going to try to be there that day with a friend or two. I may not make it that early though, I have to get my kids up and going (that's what I tell people so they don't think that I suck at getting up early).
ha. i wish I could use that excuse. We will be on channel 24 ( I always try to use the date so its easy to remember/figure out).
Unread 03-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Update..3/12/2012

we have about 25 Jeeps that say they are going on the 24th. With how nice the weather is getting I think we are going to try to camp out. We plan on being at the Badlands by 10am Indiana time. We are gonna camp at the Summers Camp ground.. thats NOT the campground right outside the Badlands. We plan on running channel 24 on the cb.. but with so many people we will probably break up into groups and use channel 25 and maybe 26 as well. Hope to see you all there.
Unread 03-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Update..3/12/2012

we have about 25 Jeeps that say they are going on the 24th. With how nice the weather is getting I think we are going to try to camp out. We plan on being at the Badlands by 10am Indiana time. We are gonna camp at the Summers Camp ground.. thats NOT the campground right outside the Badlands. We plan on running channel 24 on the cb.. but with so many people we will probably break up into groups and use channel 25 and maybe 26 as well. Hope to see you all there.
Unread 03-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
AppleDevKevinG
2013 JK Wrangler 

Sorry if this is random. but... On a scale from 1-10 (10 being crazy/extreme) what would you rate the group going there on the 24th?
AppleDevKevinG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
Oregon187
too broke to build

2001 XJ Cherokee 

I can't speak for everyone, but me and the three other Jeeps coming with me are all DDs so we are not overly crazy. I would go with 4 or 5 on your scale. With that many Jeeps though there will likely be people of all experience and risk taking levels.
Unread 03-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #8
AppleDevKevinG
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon187
I can't speak for everyone, but me and the three other Jeeps coming with me are all DDs so we are not overly crazy. I would go with 4 or 5 on your scale. With that many Jeeps though there will likely be people of all experience and risk taking levels.
Awesome! Are you camping overnight on the 24th?
Unread 03-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

My Jeep is currently my DD.. at least for another 6 months until its paid off... I got a littl emore extreme than a lot of people.. but not super hard core. Out of those 25 Jeeps I mentioned.. I would say at least 5-7 of them are stock or near stock and its their first time out at the Badlands. More than likely we will split up into 2 or 3 groups by who difficult people want to go. Then we let people jump in with people who have more capable rigs so they can see what its like hitting the bigger rocks and stuff. As of last night I looked at the weather and it was supposed to be 65 and sunny during the day.. with a low of 38 at night.. so I think we still plan on camping. We camp out at the Summers Camp Ground since its much nicer than the badlands camp ground and a lot more room.
Unread 03-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #10
AppleDevKevinG
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981 View Post
My Jeep is currently my DD.. at least for another 6 months until its paid off... I got a littl emore extreme than a lot of people.. but not super hard core. Out of those 25 Jeeps I mentioned.. I would say at least 5-7 of them are stock or near stock and its their first time out at the Badlands. More than likely we will split up into 2 or 3 groups by who difficult people want to go. Then we let people jump in with people who have more capable rigs so they can see what its like hitting the bigger rocks and stuff. As of last night I looked at the weather and it was supposed to be 65 and sunny during the day.. with a low of 38 at night.. so I think we still plan on camping. We camp out at the Summers Camp Ground since its much nicer than the badlands camp ground and a lot more room.
Awesome! If I can make it down it will be my first time with a Jeep at the badlands. I hope to see you there.
Unread 03-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #11
Oregon187
too broke to build

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDevKevinG

Awesome! Are you camping overnight on the 24th?
This will only be my second time with my Jeep at Badlands. We aren't going to camp this time though.
Unread 03-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #12
bramer89
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Newer guy to the forums here. I was thinking about going to the badlands next weekend for my first time there and the first time having my jeep out i bought two weeks ago. Its a DD jeep so i wont wanna do anything too extreme lol I will know for sure later this week and i will reply back on here.
bramer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #13
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramer89 View Post
Newer guy to the forums here. I was thinking about going to the badlands next weekend for my first time there and the first time having my jeep out i bought two weeks ago. Its a DD jeep so i wont wanna do anything too extreme lol I will know for sure later this week and i will reply back on here.
cool. Just let us know. Gonna be a good group.. should be a lot of fun. Plan on camping out and having some fun afterwards.
Unread 03-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
Mixilpidilstick
2010 JK Wrangler 

This is going to be a good trip for new guys (and gals) to attend. Nickit1981 has recruited a good number of experienced people for this trip. A majority of us, myself included, are wheeling our daily drivers. I would suggest getting in the middle of the mild group if you haven't been there before. Just watch the lines the person in front of you takes.

I have seen plenty of stock rigs with street tire handle the mild trails.

I will be there as part of Oregon187's group.

Also, check out some of the videos and pics floating around the web. I have a few video's I posted on youtube last year that you may find interesting.
Mixilpidilstick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #15
sgm98ws6
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ive been lurking on here for about 2 years now but never post anything. I have been looking for a chance to get out to the badlands and hang out with some other jeeps. What time are you meeting there? I'd like to get one of my jeeps out.
sgm98ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.