Badlands September 10th - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Badlands September 10th

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #76
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the info. Heading to Tractor supply now to Find some hooks or something.

rkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #77
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jerry, I have that red 4' firestick still

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 03:04 PM   #78
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil101 View Post
whats the day looking like? I was talking to gribbles today and we were toying with 1. Quarry 2. Creek 3. Blue trail (4ish. Green or Orange depending on the level of drivers we have) 5. something fun 6. finish with the creek in the opposite direction and then some quarry fun

I would like give the red trail a go...that was pretty badass if you ask me. obviously not all of our rigs can make it, but we will see, I would say there is about an 80% chance of my chickening out right before I attempt it. We could do 'Kevins Trail' too to get some of the new guys use to the mud and tight situations

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #79
jackel440
2005 TJ Wrangler 

the red trail.Oh crap sounds like i'm in trouble already
I'm a newbie so break me in easy
I hauled a hay wagon home with about 140 bales on it and backed it around the barn and was slipping tires.I thought to myself"here we are spinning worn out tires moving a hay wagon and I plan to go offroading in the mud sunday
I'll just attach a strap to the front and one to the rear for easy access.
Unread 09-09-2008, 03:58 PM   #80
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

there ya go, Just keep those recovery straps handy! its a little different in 4 lo and with your 4:1 transfer case, I think you will be better off than you think

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-09-2008, 04:03 PM   #81
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just so everyone is prepared:

Rules for Under 18

Youths under the age of 18 are required to have a
Waiver of Liability/Consent form for minor/Medical Info
form/Authorization for medical treatment form and be
accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older to ride at the
Badlands. Please include personís name on Authorization for
medical treatment form that is accompanying your child for check-in.
All forms must be NOTARIZED to be accepted.
Thank you

You must have these forms signed before you get into the Badlands if you are under 18
If these forms are not signed they will not let you inside the park.

You can get these forms at the Badlands Website
www.BadlandsOffroad.com

Also this is only applicable to those under 18 that are not with their parents

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #82
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Red trail makes me wish I had my SYE in, I need the extra clearance from my t-case drop, but it looks like the SYE and D44 are going to go in about the same time.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #83
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I'm almost afraid to ask... whats the deal with the red trail??? I'm guessing a difficulty rating. If so what is the scale? I know from Hollister Hills in California that black is the hardest but I can't remember the other colors. I found 4 d-ring shackles that I was going to attach to the front and rear bumpers, With a piece of flat stock inside of the bumper. Is the stock bumper on these xjs strong enough??? I'm a little worried that i will end up ripping one of them off. Am I looking to far into this?
rkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 05:51 PM   #84
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

For all you new guys:

There are a few of us who are members of Jeeps Gone Wild Offroad Club, this is not necassarily a club run, but is still a great opportunity for us to get the word out about this awesome club, because this is how myself, hotrod_hooligan, recoil101, and Bennettj13 have become so familiar with this awesome sport. We are all really looking forward to this trip, as I hope it will lead to even more with all of you guys! So I just wanted to send a shout out to all of you from Mike (igotadisneyjeep) the Club President. As I know he is still quite tempted to make the 3 hour drive from Chicago, and who knows we just may see him come Sunday morning We are gonna have a great time on this run, and if any of you guys have any questions as far as directions, what to bring, or any concerns ask on here or send me a PM!

Here is our website
http://jeepsgonewild.org/

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #85
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkates View Post
I'm almost afraid to ask... whats the deal with the red trail??? I'm guessing a difficulty rating. If so what is the scale? I know from Hollister Hills in California that black is the hardest but I can't remember the other colors. I found 4 d-ring shackles that I was going to attach to the front and rear bumpers, With a piece of flat stock inside of the bumper. Is the stock bumper on these xjs strong enough??? I'm a little worried that i will end up ripping one of them off. Am I looking to far into this?

The red trail just has some really nasty rocks, some big drop offs and some hairy situations I believe it is rated as the toughest trail there.

I don't know if the bumpers are strong enough, most likely they are not, they should be reinforced in the frame to be strong enough. Rod do you have any input on this. if he doesnt respond, I would suggest sending hotrod_hooligan a PM he knows the XJ in and out

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #86
critterjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i'm going to bring my membership stuff for jeeps gone wild. i got it on the last run, so i'll bring it incase disney mike comes. i can't imagine finding another club anywhere around here with better people to hang with.

i will be interested in that creek trail again and maybe doing the green trail. i still don't think i'm ready for the more severe stuff. hell, i really enjoyed climbing the dunes!
2003 Rubicon (shale green/khaki), 33x12.5x15 BFG Mud KM2s on Pro Comp 8179s (Firestone Winterforce on stock Moabs for winter), Bilstein 5100s, 3" AEV (nth) Progessive coils, OME steering stabilizer, 1" M.O.R.E. body lift, JKS adj. track bar in the front, 1" JKS budget motor mount lift, RC quick discos, OR-Fab rear rock crawler bumper with 2" receiver, Rokmen 3/16" steering box skid plate, Rokmen rear frame tie-ins, Teraflex 3/16" heavy-duty oil pan skid plate, Alpine CDE-124SXM CD/sat radio MP3 player, Bestop sliding windows, Bestop Safari Bikini top (green military camo), Mopar "windjammer" rear window, Mopar "duster" tonneau cover with tailgate bar, Rockhard Full roll cage with full padding, KC slimlites long range/off road lights on KC windshield mounts, Tuffy security glove box, Pilot LED tail lights.
critterjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #87
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You know that we wont make ya do anything you arent comfortable doing....I forget where I read this, I believe it was James (bennettj13) who said it. 'Your Jeep is made for this, you aren't' Whatever the case we are gonna have an awesome time!

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-09-2008, 06:21 PM   #88
aaronc88
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkates View Post

Personnally I would not. I think that they would tear off of that stock bumper. or even tear off that bumper. Those rearcrossmembers are not very strong and after a few pulls and tugs if your wleds hold and the material of the bar stock and the bumper hold then your bumper may come off.

O yeah and they dont rate thier trails by color at badlands nesecerialy unlike most other places where black is most extreme.

jeep
aaronc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #89
jackel440
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Gribbles

hey i want to make sure i understand this right.My 8 yo son (who is excited)will be coming with me and my best friend.I do not have to have a form from the badlands notorized for him.Right?I just don't want any surprises when i get there.
I am glad i am going with alot of you JGW club members.You seem to be welcome to the new guys starting out.which is why i was dissapointed when i couldn't go the last time you went.
Here is a list of some things i have.atleast that i can think of at the moment.
shackles
recovery strap
Hi lift(if i get a place to mount it made)
cb(well still workn on that)
hand tools
flash light
gloves
shop rags

Is there any other just have to have items that i need to dig up?
I like being self sufficiant.i could throw in my chain come along and some certified chians i have.But since we are in a group i don't think i would need to bring all that heavy stuff right?
What do you guys plan on doing for lunch?eating there or just bringing coolers?or forget eating and just playing
Unread 09-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #90
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That list seems right on, make sure you are able to secure all of the tools and things you have, as you do not want things sliding around in the back of your jeep. Your son will be fine, you will have to sign for him in the park office, but you wont need anything special. I would say just pack a cooler for lunch, we usually just stop somewhere in the park and eat, or there also is a picnic area in the parking lot

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.