Badlands September 10th - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Badlands September 10th

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 09-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #61
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Hay guys, new to the forum and saw the post for the trip this weekend. Wouldn't mind going if you don't mind a new face around. I have a 95 cherokee that is pretty new to me. All my friends used to wheel with have moved on. I've never been to attica but heard alot about it. Only been wheeling at haspin acres. Like I said The jeep was stock when I got it 2-3 months ago and since then i've added an add a leaf and coil spring spacers to put a set of BFG mudterrains 31 10.5 15 on it. Other than that its completely stock. My name is Robert and i'll keep an eye out for a reply.

rkates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #62
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Robert, You are more than welcome to come! Your rig will do great out there! I know that Hotrod_hooligan will love to see another XJ out there! Keep an eye on this thread as I will post meeting times and convoy information towards the end of the week! Also what color is your rig so we know what to look for

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2008, 04:55 PM   #63
jackel440
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Holy Mudd'n Batman!
we've got 12 to 13 jeeps goin'
This is going to be awesome
My rubi started to leak on the rearend.I have to take it in tomorrow,and the dealer is going to replace the rear axle seals,and put in new wheel bearings in both sides for me under warranty.Gonna cost me $100 for my deductible.
So I should be set for that.Got my cb antenna mounted ,but the seal thing is gonna zap my cb money.gona have either pull my old one from my big truck or borrow one from somebody.I'll figure it out.
Can't wait
Unread 09-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #64
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Cool!!

Jeeps solid black. Trying to figure out something on recovery points but not having much luck..?? Any sugestions?? only thing i've seen is the front sway bar...but a little leary about that. I was told to just ditch the rear bar that I wouldnt feel much differance on the road.

Questions about the flag that i need to get. Friend told me I can get one there? Is this true? How would you go about mounting it on my jeep? I do still have the factory roof rack. Don't know if that helps or not.

I'll probably meet in lebanon if everyone is still meeting there. I'm coming from beechgrove and it would be on my way. I have no idea where i'm going anyways.
rkates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #65
jackel440
2005 TJ Wrangler 

yeah they have flags there.I saw them on thier website.
By the way does anyone know what size hole they go through?I made a bracket for my cb antenna ,and the other side i have space for a hole for the flag.I just need to know what size hole to drill.I think gribbles is gonna have a little convoy coming up from your way.He said he would post his plan for everybody on here later this week.
Unread 09-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #66
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I would suggest not using the front sway bar as a recovery point. That could be really dangerous. Also don't remove the rear sway bar. You do not need that much flex in the rear axle (as it would not produce 'useful' flex anyhow). There is no point to do so, and if it is a daily driver it can be dangerous as well. Always leave the rear connected even when wheeling. If you have a hitch that is a good recovery point. If not, the axle will work as one, not necessarily ideal but it will work, if you can figure out where to mount them you can get very heavy duty tow hooks from tractor supply co.

Yes, you can get a flag there. they sell quite a few different ones, the one that I have is a 1/2" bolt and that is the $15 flag

I live just north of downtown, by the Indiana Art Museum. We can figure out a place to meet on sunday morning and then drive up to Lebanon to create 'the convoy' We can figure out the details later on this week. The goal is to be at the park shortly after they open since we will have a large group so we can get plenty of wheeling in.

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #67
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Gribbles - Patriot Blue TJ (Mike)
Bennettj13 - Impact Orange TJ aka The Pumpkinator (James)
Hotrod_hooligan - Silver XJ aka Silverback (Rod)
Recoil101 - Steel Blue TJ aka Blue Fury (Jerry)
Imped4now - Black TJ aka Float Test (Connor)
Critterjeep - Green/Tan TJ Rubicon (Jason)
Jackel440 - White LJ Rubicon (Aaron)
Igetit - Red TJ (Paul)
Mike - Impact Orange LJ (Friend of James)
Chris - Black YJ (Friend of James, possibility)
Cyberpunk - Rescue Green JK
Jack - White YJ (Friend of Mike, possibility)
rkates - Black XJ (Robert)

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-08-2008, 11:26 PM   #68
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Awe, all these people coming out just for my goin away run... I'm touched.

As for the flag mount, if you have a TJ don't worry about it, I'll show you when we get there. Gribbles showed me a spot where it fits just right and won't tear anything up. Do NOT try to put one on at home and drive to Attica, it won't make it (Rod taught us all that lesson).

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2008, 11:50 PM   #69
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Awe, all these people coming out just for my goin away run... I'm touched.

As for the flag mount, if you have a TJ don't worry about it, I'll show you when we get there. Gribbles showed me a spot where it fits just right and won't tear anything up. Do NOT try to put one on at home and drive to Attica, it won't make it (Rod taught us all that lesson).
Correction Jerry tought you that lesson, I'm still driving around with mine fully intact. Hell your lucky if you don't see it on my Jeep.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2008, 05:58 AM   #70
Igetit
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm still driving around with mine fully intact.
What's the secret? Plywood reinforcement?
Unread 09-09-2008, 07:51 AM   #71
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I put the flag on my CB antenna, way more sturdy than the poles they give you.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2008, 09:12 AM   #72
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igetit View Post
What's the secret? Plywood reinforcement?
magic pixey dust......it also turns your dana 35 into a dana 44, best mod i've ever done

no, the flag fits perfectly in the hinges of your tailgate. its a pretty good spot for it because it makes it so it cant bend too much because it is held in two places instead of by just one bolt which makes it flap around a lot especially with trees and things of the sort. plus it is very simple to just open the tail gate and take it out, compared to unscrewing a nut. But if you are still planning on making a bracket the bolt on it is a 1/2".

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #73
jackel440
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I cut a piece of angle iron and mounted it across the top 2 mounting bolts of the rear tire carrier.On the passenger side I mounted my cb antenna.I plan to mount the flag on the other end of the angle.I just didn't know what size hole to drill.So thanks on that note
yeah i wouldn't drive with it on.I know it will get trashed.I know my how my luck is.
Unread 09-09-2008, 02:19 PM   #74
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

cool! sounds like a good setup

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #75
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

I have to get another antenna, this makes 3 so far, the last one broke on the trail last run....looking forward to this run, sending James off in style, whats the day looking like? I was talking to gribbles today and we were toying with 1. Quarry 2. Creek 3. Blue trail (4ish. Green or Orange depending on the level of drivers we have) 5. something fun 6. finish with the creek in the opposite direction and then some quarry fun

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.