Badlands September 10th - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Badlands September 10th

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #31
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by critterjeep View Post
the gribble-ator
thats a new one....not neccassarily a good one but its new

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #32
jackel440
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
so is it safe to say:

Gribbles - Patriot Blue TJ(Mike)
Bennettj13 - Impact Orange TJ aka pumpkinator (James)
Hotrod_hooligan - Silver XJ aka Sliverback (Rod)
Recoil101 - Steel Blue TJ aka Blue Fury (Jerry)
Imped4now - Black TJ (Connor)
Critterjeep - Tan/green TJ Rubicon(?)
Jackel440 - White LJ Rubicon (?)

We are going to try and leave earlier than normal. So pretty much what that means is we would like to be at the park by 9:30 or so, we typically don't get there till around 10:30. So the game plan so far is we are meeting in Lebanon at the truck stop at 8:30 and then heading out from there. So those of you who want to meet us there...awesome! if not then just plan on meeting us at the park, thats cool too! if you have a CB we will be on Channel 12. For those guys who have never been to the Badlands. You will need a flag for your jeep, which you can purchase there for like $15 or pick one up somewhere else. Things will be more set in stone in a week when the date is closer! Can't wait to see you all there for an awesome day of wheeling!
What would i need to bring since this would be my first real outing with my jeep?I have a recovery strap.and anchor points.I don't have a cb yet.(hope to get one maybe this week)Should I make a bracket to mount a flag to?and if so what size hole does it require?That way i can just put it on an be ready to go.I will probably just pick one up there.Any other tips for a newbie
Unread 09-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #33
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

for a CB I would say take a look at walmart, they have a cobra CB there for $35, its not the greatest, but it has never let me down on the trail or on the way to the trail. I have a 4' firestick antenna that I would be willing to part with for like $15 they are typically around $25. As far as a flag goes, they will fit perfectly in the tailgate hinges (that is where all of us put ours). Bring something to air down your tires with. As far as a tow strap or recovery gear, we are all pretty well equiped so we should be golden. I do strongly reccomend a CB though, it makes it a lot of fun, and a ton easier to communicate on the trails! but don't feel like it is a must just to wheel with us. Whats your first name Jackel440?

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #34
Igetit
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm gonna try to make this outing also. I have an 04 X Columbia Edition, stock except for brand spanking new 31" BFG A/Ts. I've been to the Badlands and Redbird, but never as part of a Jeep club or outing. Name is Paul, my TJ is red with ugly gray flairs, I live in Greenwood. I already have a flag, looking for a CB (never thought I'd say that again). Have front tow hooks, a strap, and an old folding Army shovel. Not sure how helpful the Army shovel would be, but it looks really cool and makes me feel manly....I'm looking for the right place to strap it on the rollcage to intimidate my subordinates, and Prius drivers. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Unread 09-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #35
critterjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i hope it's good weather....it's gonna be a chilly morning i bet but i'm not putting the top on. i'm going topless and doorless this time.....it will be so much easier cause i find you get in and out of the jeep a lot.
2003 Rubicon (shale green/khaki), 33x12.5x15 BFG Mud KM2s on Pro Comp 8179s (Firestone Winterforce on stock Moabs for winter), Bilstein 5100s, 3" AEV (nth) Progessive coils, OME steering stabilizer, 1" M.O.R.E. body lift, JKS adj. track bar in the front, 1" JKS budget motor mount lift, RC quick discos, OR-Fab rear rock crawler bumper with 2" receiver, Rokmen 3/16" steering box skid plate, Rokmen rear frame tie-ins, Teraflex 3/16" heavy-duty oil pan skid plate, Alpine CDE-124SXM CD/sat radio MP3 player, Bestop sliding windows, Bestop Safari Bikini top (green military camo), Mopar "windjammer" rear window, Mopar "duster" tonneau cover with tailgate bar, Rockhard Full roll cage with full padding, KC slimlites long range/off road lights on KC windshield mounts, Tuffy security glove box, Pilot LED tail lights.
critterjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #36
jackel440
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
for a CB I would say take a look at walmart, they have a cobra CB there for $35, its not the greatest, but it has never let me down on the trail or on the way to the trail. I have a 4' firestick antenna that I would be willing to part with for like $15 they are typically around $25. As far as a flag goes, they will fit perfectly in the tailgate hinges (that is where all of us put ours). Bring something to air down your tires with. As far as a tow strap or recovery gear, we are all pretty well equiped so we should be golden. I do strongly reccomend a CB though, it makes it a lot of fun, and a ton easier to communicate on the trails! but don't feel like it is a must just to wheel with us. Whats your first name Jackel440?
Gribbles, yeah i had the wife go by the walmart and let me know what they had(i work 2nd shift so i can't go there right now)I really want to get a uniden,but i might get the cobra for now to get by.I have a nice rig in my 1 ton but i dont want to pull it out just for the day,and its too big of a radio to install permanatly anyways.
I am a little worried about my tires though as i don't have much tread left(there not bald yet),and i can't get new rubber until next month.Hopefully it wont be too muddy,or you guys will be pulln my sorry butt
What do you do about airing back up?
Oh ya my name is Aaron
Unread 09-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #37
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

We air back up in the park! they have a few compressors so its all good! I also have air just in case we can't fill up there. Thats cool if you get stuck! its just as fun pullin people out as it is wheelin! this is my last trip with the D35 before i install the D44 so i dont really give a rats *** about tearin things up (as long as i can get home) If you guys want to meet us in Lebanon let me know so we can look for you! hope to see you all there

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-04-2008, 10:07 PM   #38
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Lets keep this list going fellas

Gribbles - Patriot Blue TJ(Mike)
Bennettj13 - Impact Orange TJ aka pumpkinator (James)
Hotrod_hooligan - Silver XJ aka Sliverback (Rod)
Recoil101 - Steel Blue TJ aka Blue Fury (Jerry)
Imped4now - Black TJ (Connor)
Critterjeep - Tan/green TJ Rubicon(?)
Jackel440 - White LJ Rubicon (Aaron)
Igetit - Red TJ (Paul)

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-05-2008, 12:38 AM   #39
tastybrownies
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, I'd really like to come to test out my rigs recent upgrade, my 31" General Grabber AT2 tires. But unfortunately for me, I work at a OSU Buckeyes store and that week is the USC game so it looks like a no right now, we will see.

I also have another question, "I put on my 31" tires but did not do a lift, would it be okay doing a trail or would there be a problem"?

I'll post some pics of my Jeep on here tomorrow.
tastybrownies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2008, 01:30 AM   #40
Igetit
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I put on my 31" tires but did not do a lift, would it be okay doing a trail?
Absolutely. You wont' be able to go everywhere the lifted rigs go, but it's really quite amazing what you can do with a stock TJ. And your new 31's will definitely get you up some hills your stock tires wouldn't have. I took mine to Redbird last weekend and was able to handle most of the intermediate trails with 31's and no lift. The conditions there were pretty dry though, and I strattled a lot of deep ruts on the trails.

I'm planning on lifting mine eventually, but it sure isn't a requirement to enjoying your Jeep off-road. It's a Jeep, it was designed and built specifically for that purpose. In light of a multi-gazillion dollar aftermarket of parts, it's easy to overlook that fact.
Unread 09-05-2008, 02:09 AM   #41
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

ya, you will be fine with 31" tires and no lift, a ton of guys run it....add a 2" budget boost and you'll be even more capable! enjoy running what you have, and with the setup you have now you'll be able to get a better idea of the direction you want to head in!

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD
Unread 09-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #42
critterjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

ok you take the question mark off my name...i am confirmed! also gribbles sir, my jeep is green/tan. people will be looking for a tan jeep with green seats the way you put it in there! lol

i actually aired up at the bp station in attica. i forgot to before i left the park. air was free at the bp so it was all good.
2003 Rubicon (shale green/khaki), 33x12.5x15 BFG Mud KM2s on Pro Comp 8179s (Firestone Winterforce on stock Moabs for winter), Bilstein 5100s, 3" AEV (nth) Progessive coils, OME steering stabilizer, 1" M.O.R.E. body lift, JKS adj. track bar in the front, 1" JKS budget motor mount lift, RC quick discos, OR-Fab rear rock crawler bumper with 2" receiver, Rokmen 3/16" steering box skid plate, Rokmen rear frame tie-ins, Teraflex 3/16" heavy-duty oil pan skid plate, Alpine CDE-124SXM CD/sat radio MP3 player, Bestop sliding windows, Bestop Safari Bikini top (green military camo), Mopar "windjammer" rear window, Mopar "duster" tonneau cover with tailgate bar, Rockhard Full roll cage with full padding, KC slimlites long range/off road lights on KC windshield mounts, Tuffy security glove box, Pilot LED tail lights.
Unread 09-05-2008, 09:24 AM   #43
critterjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

gribbles can you remind me what size wrench i need for the sway bar disconnect? I need to go buy one actually because i don't have a decent wrench set (usually just use sockets). i got the torx bit but i don't remember what size wrench is on the other end. it's like 17 or 19 if i recall.
Unread 09-05-2008, 09:47 AM   #44
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

18mm

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #45
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

yes, it should be an 18mm....critter whats your first name again? Fill it in for me if could

My Jeep

2007 WK CRD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.