Badlands September 10th - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Badlands September 10th

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 09-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #211
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've got a good chunk of the trail report up fellas! Check it out!!

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2008, 10:37 PM   #212
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igetit View Post
Just a quick note of thanks to the guys who corraled the herd on Sunday: Mike, James, Jerry, Colin, Jason, Rod, Dave, (hope I haven't left anybody out but prolly have). I see what all the talk is about - you really do have a great group.
I've been riding dirt bikes since my teens and have taken my Jeep off-road a few times solo, but yesterday was my first time doing the "group thing". Had a blast, but it was more than just the trails and obstacles. It's a lot more fun doing something you enjoy with like-minded people, and you guys are a good bunch to hang with. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Also, I learned some new things about my Jeep:
1) After-market shift knobs can come off in your hand at the wrong time (set screws suck). Go fully threaded, or keep the boring stock knob.

2) Good tires make all the difference. I owe a big debt of gratitude to Jeep Forum on this one, because I was able to consider the feedback of a LOT of Jeep owners. Glad I bought the BFG A/Ts and looking forward to more wheeling excursions before the pavement gets the best of em.

3) A stock Jeep will do a lot of impressive things, and even more impressive things at the hands of a capable operator. Many thanks to Rod, Jerry, Mike, Dave and Colin who spotted me and gave me good lines to follow at different points along the way. It reduced the pucker factor significantly, and I'm starting to get "the feel" of what my rig can do. Also what I want to tweak or build-up before attempting again.

4) Wheeling is one helluva lot of fun. If done right, it is reasonably safe and doesn't have to destroy your equipment. Not that stuff isn't ocassionally gonna get broken, but hey, that's true with any sport/hobby...

5) If you'll be wheeling within 1,000 square miles of water, take your carpet out. If rain is in the forecast, take your carpet out. (Thanks to whomever suggested putting cardboard over your carpet/floormat area though, that one is golden.)

6) Handheld CBs still need to be tied-down to something in the cockpit. Nuff said.

7) "Air down and disco" numbers are 15 max, T-55 and 18mm. Mike, thanks for the training!

8) Always leave your top down until the very last minute. Looking cool and enjoying the fresh country air are waaaay more important than getting to the park on time.

Thanks again guys!
Paul
No problem man....and it's Connor.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2008, 04:48 AM   #213
Igetit
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No problem man....and it's Connor.
Ha! That's why I didn't make a big deal out of everybody calling me "Phil". I'll know it next time!
Paul
Unread 09-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #214
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igetit View Post
Ha! That's why I didn't make a big deal out of everybody calling me "Phil". I'll know it next time!
Paul
Touche my friend....touche.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #215
critterjeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
I've got a good chunk of the trail report up fellas! Check it out!!
where's the report at? i think i missed that part.
2003 Rubicon (shale green/khaki), 33x12.5x15 BFG Mud KM2s on Pro Comp 8179s (Firestone Winterforce on stock Moabs for winter), Bilstein 5100s, 3" AEV (nth) Progessive coils, OME steering stabilizer, 1" M.O.R.E. body lift, JKS adj. track bar in the front, 1" JKS budget motor mount lift, RC quick discos, OR-Fab rear rock crawler bumper with 2" receiver, Rokmen 3/16" steering box skid plate, Rokmen rear frame tie-ins, Teraflex 3/16" heavy-duty oil pan skid plate, Alpine CDE-124SXM CD/sat radio MP3 player, Bestop sliding windows, Bestop Safari Bikini top (green military camo), Mopar "windjammer" rear window, Mopar "duster" tonneau cover with tailgate bar, Rockhard Full roll cage with full padding, KC slimlites long range/off road lights on KC windshield mounts, Tuffy security glove box, Pilot LED tail lights.
critterjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2008, 11:25 AM   #216
Igetit
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
where's the report at?
Next section down - Trail Reports & Pictures
Unread 09-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #217
RubiRed06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tj Awsome wet weekend at the Badlands

So where are all the pictures?

How do we find you at the INdy Show this Saturday?

jsbelenzon@msn.com
RubiRed06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2008, 08:16 PM   #218
jackel440
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiRed06 View Post

How do we find you at the INdy Show this Saturday?

jsbelenzon@msn.com
the pics are in the next section down called trail reports
I have a link to my photos and videos.I got some of your rubi I believe
Unread 09-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #219
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiRed06 View Post
You can find the trail report HERE

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.