Badlands Memorial Day Weekend - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Badlands Memorial Day Weekend

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-08-2008, 11:08 AM   #16
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well thats the thing - for the 17th one is for sure - two are iffy, and two couldn't make that date but could make memorial day. I posted on our site, just haven't heard back from anyone - I did make a reservation for a trailer for memorial day weekend just to be safe.

92XJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:06 AM   #17
young yeller
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92XJT View Post
I should know here in a few days if I will be down there or not. Trying to talk the other group to go this weekend instead of the 17th. I was planning on making the trip for both weekends, but now that gas is 3.89 a gallon I don't think that is going to happen - lol. You guys planning on hitting some of the hardcore trails? I got 33's, rear locker, winch, and not affraid of body damage so should be able to keep up for the most part.
I'm game for whatever. JustClimbIt's locked front and rear and I'm only running a front locker w/ rear LSD. I haven't been to the Badlands in years and the times I was before did a lot of quad riding and the Jeeping was minimal (Jeep was new/bone stock and my girlfriend was paranoid that we were going to destroy the Jeep. go figure..).
Nonetheless, years and many mods later I'm really looking forward to checking out the trails I've seen there but didn't get a chance to wheel.
Yellow Jeep Club Member #5
young yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #18
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

Okay looks like I am in - anyone know if spots can be reserved at the campground? Again I won't be there till opening on Saturday - also I forget is that area on Eastern or Central time now? As of now I can camp Sat night - leave Sunday, don't know how packed the campground will be on the holiday either. If the other PWs show up we won't be going on the tight trails, and I will wheel with them for a bit, then break out the jeep and do the tighter stuff. Don't think the wife would appreciate a lot of dents / scratches in the new truck - lol. Are we just going to look for each others rigs in the morning, or do we want to meet somewhere, etc? I got your number still Ben (assuming it hasn't changed) so will call ya Sat morning or Fri evening (if that is okay with you). Anyone running cbs?
Unread 05-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #19
Jeepguy91

Sounds good ed. You should try and come a little early so you can just park your truck at the campground with us. Ya my number is still the same so if you want to call that would be ok. I will have the cb in my xj.

89 XJ- stock for now
Jeepguy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #20
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

What time Friday you heading down Ben ? I am off Friday so I can actually go sooner and camp Fri night as well. That way I have a better chance of getting a spot. I'll swing by the u-haul and change my pickup time if you are heading earlier on Fri - this is the one downfall to renting a trailer still.
Unread 05-12-2008, 12:31 AM   #21
Jeepguy91

Well i figure i will leave the house around 3:30 or 4 hopefully. That should put me there around 7 depending on traffic.

89 XJ- stock for now
Unread 05-20-2008, 12:54 AM   #22
Jeepguy91

Everone ready for wheelin? Should be a good group going down.

89 XJ- stock for now
Unread 05-20-2008, 06:01 AM   #23
TheEddie

Me and a buddy will be there on Saturday-maybe a few others as well. What CB Channel are you guys going to be on?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f324/small-run-badlands-sat-24th-jeepsgonewild-crew-560303/

Past Jeeps:
97 Flame Red TJ Sport on 31s with stuff.
98 Stone White XJ Classic: Lifted, Locked, and Armored
2000 Silverstone WJ Limited

Last edited by TheEddie; 05-21-2008 at 06:42 AM..
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2008, 06:24 AM   #24
TheEddie

***Delete***

Past Jeeps:
Unread 05-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #25
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hmm - good question. I'll have my cb on ch4. I can pm you my cell also if you wuold like. Worst case look for my purplish XJ on 33" boggers and rusty stinger bumper, or my Patriot blue quad power wagon.
Unread 05-21-2008, 09:33 PM   #26
Bigsam

I will be heading down morning early in the morning 24th. Im on 33's front a rear lockers and am not afraid of damage.
Bigsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 07:23 PM   #27
Jeepguy91

Well hope to see everyone tomarrow afternoon or saturday morning. Will have the cb on channel 4 in case anyone wants to get ahold of me. Ed, think i am going to leave a little early so that i know i can get a camp site. Will save a spot for you. Hopefully i can find Justclimbit and young yeller when i get there.

89 XJ- stock for now
Unread 05-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #28
TheEddie

Jim and Kyle it was nice meeting you guys. I tried to catch you on the CB before we left but no luck. After my buddies damage he was in a bad mood so we ended up heading home early. I hope to wheel with you guys again, take care.

Past Jeeps:
Unread 05-26-2008, 10:28 PM   #29
Bakerjk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey, it was nice meeting you yellow jeep guys, Let me know next time you head back down there.
Armored
Bakerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2008, 09:16 AM   #30
young yeller
2001 TJ Wrangler 

hey guys! i had a blast too- you guys were great to 'wheel with! we'll definitely be making more trips down there this season, so we'll keep in touch. forgot to bring my cameras with me to work today, so tomorrow i'll get em posted.
Yellow Jeep Club Member #5
young yeller is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.