Badlands Memorial Day Weekend - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Badlands Memorial Day Weekend

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-11-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
young yeller
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Badlands Memorial Day Weekend

Anyone planning on going to the Badlands this Memorial Day Weekend? A few of us are making the trip down from Milwaukee, WI, so if anyone in the southern Wisconsin/Chicagoland areas are going, hit up this thread if you want to caravan.
We're heading out from Milw. early friday morning (23rd) and will be staying at the Badlands campgrounds.

Jim

Yellow Jeep Club Member #5
young yeller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
JustClimbIt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice try...did u honestly think anyone would really like to convoy with a couple of matching short-buses? Hahahaha C'mon guys theres gotta be some people heading to the badlands for Memorial Day??????

[B][COLOR="Yellow"]Yellow Jeep Club Member #4/0[/COLOR][/B]
JustClimbIt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2008, 09:19 PM   #3
CHRRRIS
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If somehow I don't have a baseball game that Saturday, I'll sure as hell be out there. Though I doubt I won't have a game, and my trip will be put on hold until June. I am dying to wheel again.

Current - '98 Black Z28 with some goodies
Previous - '97 Gun Metal Blue TJ

Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club
www.ExtremeJeepClub.com
CHRRRIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

A wheeling friend is coming home from basic training, and we are going to be there on the 23rd. Not sure if there will be more than our two Jeeps (YJ and a TJ) though.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2008, 07:29 AM   #5
young yeller
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Great! Two's better than none! Looks like you make regular trips there- do you live near the park or are you planning to camp? It's been over 5 years since I've been there and we always stayed out at Summers since it was the only camping around, so this year we're hittin up the Badlands campground. We're taking off early Fri morn so we should be setting up camp sometime shortly before or around noon.
Unread 05-07-2008, 08:37 AM   #6
Running Wolf
2001 WJ 

I'm planning on going to the Badlands on the 24th. I'm still debating whether to get there late on the 23rd. What time are you leaving MKE? I'm in Racine, maybe I can join the convoy.
Running Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #7
Jeepguy91

I am planning on headin down to the badlands that weekend. For the 24th at least. I will probably arrive friday nite and head out sunday morning. Mite look for you guys in the campground friday nite.

98 ZJ Limited 5.2- FM 40
Jeepguy91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #8
young yeller
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
I'm planning on going to the Badlands on the 24th. I'm still debating whether to get there late on the 23rd. What time are you leaving MKE? I'm in Racine, maybe I can join the convoy.

Terrific! We're actually heading out pretty early on Friday morning, because we'd like to get down there in reasonable time to get a camping spot. I haven't been to the Badlands since they opened their own campgrounds next to the park itself, but from the sound of it it's more or less just an open field where you find an area and set up shop wherever.

If someone's stayed at their new campgrounds, maybe you could shed some light on this; or how quickly it fills up on a big weekend.
Unread 05-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #9
young yeller
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepguy91 View Post
I am planning on headin down to the badlands that weekend. For the 24th at least. I will probably arrive friday nite and head out sunday morning. Mite look for you guys in the campground friday nite.
Sounds great- keep your eyes open for two yellow TJ's on 33's. Can't miss 'em!
Unread 05-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #10
Jeepguy91

I have never been there on a holiday weekend so i don't know how fast it fills up. There should be plenty of space tho. Will look for you guys when i get there. If you don't mind you think you could save a spot for my truck and trailer if it starts getting busy?

98 ZJ Limited 5.2- FM 40
Unread 05-07-2008, 10:24 PM   #11
Jeepguy91

Think there also might be some xj's coming on saturday to do some wheeling off of NAXJA.com. Should be a good little group.

98 ZJ Limited 5.2- FM 40
Unread 05-08-2008, 07:03 AM   #12
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'll subscribe to the thread - still not 100% sure if I can make this trip. If I do I will be down Sat morning when the gates open. May camp Saturday night - depending if there is room. Just look for either my x-cab powerwagon or the purplish XJ on boggers.
92XJT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 07:50 AM   #13
young yeller
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good fellas. We'll try to reserve a few extra spots by where we set up.

Jim
Unread 05-08-2008, 08:40 AM   #14
92XJT
2012 JK Wrangler 

I should know here in a few days if I will be down there or not. Trying to talk the other group to go this weekend instead of the 17th. I was planning on making the trip for both weekends, but now that gas is 3.89 a gallon I don't think that is going to happen - lol. You guys planning on hitting some of the hardcore trails? I got 33's, rear locker, winch, and not affraid of body damage so should be able to keep up for the most part.
92XJT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #15
Jeepguy91

I don't really care what trails we hit. Hopefully i will get off of here and install my lockers that have been sitting on the bench for a while. Whatever trails you guys plan on is fine for me. How many powerwagons where planning on coming ed?

98 ZJ Limited 5.2- FM 40

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.