badlands advice - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > badlands advice

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-11-2008, 08:59 AM   #16
BIG REED
1977 CJ7 

me and a few guys are going to try to be there sunday the 27th. we have never been there either, but if you want we can all wonder around like lost idiots together.

Unread 07-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #17
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

thats what i do best

as time gets closer Ill email you my phone number
Unread 07-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #18
dakuda
Admin, Jeep in Pieces

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post

Mud is no problem; all sand.

The flag is no big deal. A dowel and some duct tape would do teh Job. People complained that if you buy it there its like $10 or whatever.
There is plenty of mud at the Badlands. It is not all sand. Orange is terrible after some rain. Green has mud in the woods. Teh sand is in the quarry, dunes and the area immediately around those two. Otherwise, there is dirt and mud.

As for the flag, they require a flag to be 2' above the vehicle. Most use a CB antenna. Any orange/red fabric should be ok.

That being said, there are new owners since I have been there last, so the flag rule may have changed. I doubt it though.

2013 Dodge Charger | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | Ramsey Winches | www.dakuda.com
dakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #19
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakuda View Post
There is plenty of mud at the Badlands. It is not all sand. Orange is terrible after some rain. Green has mud in the woods. Teh sand is in the quarry, dunes and the area immediately around those two. Otherwise, there is dirt and mud.

As for the flag, they require a flag to be 2' above the vehicle. Most use a CB antenna. Any orange/red fabric should be ok.

That being said, there are new owners since I have been there last, so the flag rule may have changed. I doubt it though.
QFT on the descriptions. And for the flag rule just have one with you. I saw a bunch of FJs with window clip on flags (that barely cleared the roofline) so I took mine off and ran trouble free for 2 days in and out of the entrance. Its become more of another thing they can charge you for instead of a safety measure. Grab a bike flag for $5 from Walmart and stick it in the back of your rig. If they give you any trouble just take it out (but I'm sure they wont).

Heres some Badlands mud.

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #20
wrx600rr
2002 TJ Wrangler 

what kind of quad are you taking up there? I was up there on my banshee a couple weeks ago, its hit and miss with the crown. I have been down there a few times this year and sometimes it is really busy and others not at all! I actually like when there are more people. It gets boring after a few times being there though so I just watch some of the others go through the tubes and in the mud holes. If its your first time there you will have a blast!
wrx600rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.