Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

badlands

9K views 149 replies 6 participants last post by  Rugby_3 
#1 ·
Anyone wanna do the badlands on the 29th. Im wanting to take the wife out somewhere nice for our 1 year anniversary and she said let's go wheeling!

#5 ·
Haven't been to the badlands in years and never with a jeep. I trailer mine cause im running all stock drivetrain 3.07's and open diffs. Just a precaution. Im building a hp dana 30 w/arb and 4. 88's and either an 8.8 or dana 44 for the back. Running a 4 in lift w/ 33"s mtr/w kevlar and winch. Went to the cliffs on jan 1st and it did really good.

#6 ·
I was there this past summer. Will probably be a little different with the snow and everything. Only thing im worried about is im still running all terrains. Will let you know towards the middle of the week if we are for sure coming down.

#14 ·
Well the girlfriend just said she wanted to go so looks like we will be there. I havent been to the cliffs in probably 5 years or better. How do u think my all terrains would do there? Think it is about the same distance for me to either park. How many do we have going so far?

#22 ·
The Cliffs is very muddy. They have easy trails but they are limited. Most of their trails are more difficult. They ran an Ultimate Adventure there a few years ago. Based on the pool of water and mud in my neighbors yard I would say the ground is not frozen yet. I don't have my CB radio in yet, does that matter to you two?

#28 ·
Jeepguy there should be about an hour difference to the Badlands and Cliffs. The Cliffs should take about 3.5 hours to get to and you should be able to get to the Badlands in under 2.5 hours. I have driven both ways more times than I can think of. Went to school at Purdue and I now live about an hours from the Cliffs. Sounds like you are more for the Cliffs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.