ATTN: IndyORV - need suggestions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > ATTN: IndyORV - need suggestions

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements

Unread 01-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
IndyJeep71
2001 TJ Wrangler 

ATTN: IndyORV - need suggestions

Hey there -

New to the jeep scene here, but been offroading quads and a side by side for years out at the Badlands. Really excited to get my '01 TJ build off the ground.

I need some suggestions on reputable 4x4 shops in and around Indianapolis (I'm on the NW side, Zionsville area). I'm a pretty handy guy, and can do most of the basic stuff, but will need some help with a SYE install, gears, lockers, etc Any leads on decents shops/mechanics would be much appreciated.

I've been trolling on here for a while and I think I have a basic plan in place for the TJ. Here are the highlights:
Metal Cloak Overlines (already installed the fronts)
3" short arm lift - really liking the Savvy setup
I have a 44 rear already, but want to swap a 44 up front too and build them both stout with some sort of selectable locker
37's MTR Kevlars or BFG Muds (suggestions?) maybe 35's?
Rock Monster Beadlocks
Gen Right Front bumper with trail stinger
Winch

Anyway, this is kind of my dream plan, but looking to build something to have a blast with at the Badlands and where ever else you guys ride.

Please shoot me some suggestions on shops/mechanics and/or parts ideas. Look for a patriot blue bombed out (115,000mi) TJ on the NW side and I'll give ya a wave!

Ryan

IndyJeep71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
79indcj7
1979 CJ7 

Sounds like your gonna spend a bunch of money to have the done.
79indcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hope you find them guys . And you should only wheel at BL's other parks are dangerous& have hill bully's and poor people everywhere (drinking)
ChadjasonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
bullitt_9350
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadjasonW View Post
Hope you find them guys . And you should only wheel at BL's other parks are dangerous& have hill bully's and poor people everywhere (drinking)
What?
Unread 01-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

That's what I was told? I'm just JK'n ,you should wheel every spot available. Your doing the rite thing looking for a group in ur area. You can post up on there page or look for open rides.
Unread 01-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
IndyJeep71
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79indcj7 View Post
Sounds like your gonna spend a bunch of money to have the done.
Well, like I said I have some mechanical know how and am willing to learn, but after reading Stu's write up on the SYE, I'm not sure if I'm ready to tear into the transfer case. On top of that, lack of free time is somewhat of an issue.

Quote:
That's what I was told? I'm just JK'n ,you should wheel every spot available. Your doing the rite thing looking for a group in ur area. You can post up on there page or look for open rides.
Yeah, just trying to get some recommendations from people that have had some work done in the area, and definitely didn't want to exclude non IndyORV Jeepers... just figured they were the largest club in the area and would have some info for me.

Any help from any experienced Jeep modder is appreciated!
Unread 01-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
ChadjasonW
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You'll find help on here. And there's a thread on anything you would ever want to do or could think of.
Unread 01-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #8
SwiftJeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

for a shop i would say four wheel parts is the place to go if u have the money to spend
SwiftJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #9
Flaggdog
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Aw, c'mon. Haspin is not that bad
Flaggdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #10
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Call Scott Morris at Sunfire Off-road at 812.623.3473. He's in Sunman which is down I-74, but he does awesome work. He's personally built a hell of a cool buggy for KOH and knows what he's doing.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #11
ryan6580
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sye arent to bad. Advance adapters has a good video to help through it. I did mine. Just have to pay attention.
ryan6580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #12
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Just saw this. 4wheel parts is a iffy one. If you know someone there it's not a bad place to deal with. But your going to pay out to have it done without learning anything about how it works. Same goes with sunfire. If you need help or need some work done pm me. I've got a full schedule till the end of feb but maybe we can work something out

black xj

IndyORV™
http://www.indyorv.com
rkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
IndyJeep71
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You'll find help on here. And there's a thread on anything you would ever want to do or could think of.
Yeah, I am figuring that out - this might be one of the biggest automotive forums I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftJeep View Post
for a shop i would say four wheel parts is the place to go if u have the money to spend
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaggdog View Post
Aw, c'mon. Haspin is not that bad
I haven't been there yet, mostly because the guys I wheel with are from IL, but we want to hit up Haspin - I have heard it's a little wilder out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
Call Scott Morris at Sunfire Off-road at 812.623.3473. He's in Sunman which is down I-74, but he does awesome work. He's personally built a hell of a cool buggy for KOH and knows what he's doing.
Thanks, I might have to give him a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan6580 View Post
Sye arent to bad. Advance adapters has a good video to help through it. I did mine. Just have to pay attention.
After looking at Stu's write up, I could probably do it - but I don't know if I'm going to have the time. And a lift would be nice! 6'7" 315lbs doesn't do well under a vehicle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkates View Post
Just saw this. 4wheel parts is a iffy one. If you know someone there it's not a bad place to deal with. But your going to pay out to have it done without learning anything about how it works. Same goes with sunfire. If you need help or need some work done pm me. I've got a full schedule till the end of feb but maybe we can work something out
Thanks for the offer, it's good to know that people are willing to help!
Unread 01-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
Apocalypse
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey, post up in the open section on our website and I'm sure a few guys will be able to chime in. Sorry I don't have any more advice, I don't have any experience with local shops. I try to do as much with help from other group members as much as possible

Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #15
Red_Smoke
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^what he said. We're all around Indy and surrounding areas but most of us don't cruise JF too often. Jump into the open discussion area on our site and you'll get more feedback than you need
2008 Rubi Unlimited: Gone!
Smashin' Punkin - 06 Rubi LJ, Cummins QSB3.3, work in progress
IndyORV
Red_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.