Any advice for a new Jeep Owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Any advice for a new Jeep Owner

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
yenkomuscle
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Any advice for a new Jeep Owner

Hi all I am a first time jeep owner. I recently picked up a 04 Wrangler Sport. It is completely stock as of right now. I live in Marion, In. (Near Muncie). I am looking for someplace to take my wife and dog this weekend for some trail riding. I am not looking for crazy rock climbing or anything that will potentially damage the jeep since it is my daily driver.

Im looking more for some easy trails that would allow me to get the feel of the jeep while being a nice day trip for my wife and I and our little dog. Any Ideas? Thanks for all your help.

yenkomuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

hey.. i live in champaign, il. Right down 74 from you. a friend of mine from who lives in Wisconsin always drives over to muncie to pick up a friend before we go wheeling. Its way out of her way but its her best friend. Anyways.. we head to the badlands in attica, IN all the time to hit the trails. theres all kinds of trails to tackle there so theres plenty for a stick jeep to do and if there is something in front of you that you dont want to try to tackle, there are by passes on all the trails.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
wdw
2010 JK Wrangler 

Welcome from Ft Wayne.

She has never stoped in the Fort to say HI. Maybe Johns wife has something to do with that.

I just wheeled with that group. Real nice bunch on people.

You could go to Bundy Hill, Jerome Mi. Rt 12 and close to RT 127.
Unread 08-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
redding1327
1997 XJ Cherokee 

If you want to make a little more of a road trip, dirty turtle has a lot of stock rig trails. It's kind of a long drive for you, but thats how all of the decent parks are for me. If you ever want to come down to southern IN just put a post up or watch ours. Also, Interlake Property. Thats a good haul but worth it.
redding1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 07:25 AM   #5
yenkomuscle
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you guys! It looks like I will just have to suck it up and make a longer trip..
yenkomuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
79indcj7
1979 CJ7 

Badlands in Attica, IN and also Haspen Acres in Laurel, IN
79indcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
tjindiana
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Redbird
tjindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
Zstep7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenkomuscle
Hi all I am a first time jeep owner. I recently picked up a 04 Wrangler Sport. It is completely stock as of right now. I live in Marion, In. (Near Muncie). I am looking for someplace to take my wife and dog this weekend for some trail riding. I am not looking for crazy rock climbing or anything that will potentially damage the jeep since it is my daily driver.

Im looking more for some easy trails that would allow me to get the feel of the jeep while being a nice day trip for my wife and I and our little dog. Any Ideas? Thanks for all your help.
I'm in the same situation. Don't have anyone to ride with yet. Plenty of people who want to ride with me as passengers but not get their own vehicle. I've been to haspin, Attica and redbird on atv's about 8 years ago. Got my xj ready to go (i think) and plan on heading to 1 of the 3 soon.
Zstep7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #9
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

if any of you guys are interested.. we are planning a trip to redbird on the 15th of next month. a lot of us are tired of the badlands for the time being and we just went to the cliffs last weekend. we usually try to hit a park once a month.
Unread 09-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #10
Zstep7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981
if any of you guys are interested.. we are planning a trip to redbird on the 15th of next month. a lot of us are tired of the badlands for the time being and we just went to the cliffs last weekend. we usually try to hit a park once a month.
I am interested.
Zstep7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #11
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zstep7 View Post
I am interested.
cool. still up in the air on the exact date.. either the 8th or 15th more than likely. Ill see what everyone says and post a thread about it this weekend. probably in indiana and illinois.
Unread 09-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #12
jeepjocky
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i'd be interested, in going, i'm heading to arizona the wknd of oct 15th though...i'll keep an eye out for everyones posts..if i can make it i'll be there, otherwise maybe next time..
()_)-()_)-o-()_)
jeepjocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #13
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

well.. its starting to look like the 8th would be a better weekend.. or would you guys rather go the 22nd?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.