2013 Ford Hoosier Outdoor Experience - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > 2013 Ford Hoosier Outdoor Experience

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
jake_blue
2008 JK Wrangler 

2013 Ford Hoosier Outdoor Experience

September 21 and 22
Fort Harrison State Park
Indianapolis, IN
Volunteer registration link (http://jotform.us/form/31954001518145)
Please Note: There are two registration forms – the 4x4 Rides volunteer registration form and the DNR activity provider registration form. After completing the link above you’ll be automatically redirected to the second form. Sorry for the double registration requirement – it’s a DNR requirement to fill out theirs but they don’t ask the right questions we need to plan the event!
4x4 Rides!
Once again, the Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association (IFWDA) and our partners at the Indiana DNR and the local host club JPFrog Offroaders, will be providing 4x4 Rides during the Hoosier Outdoor Experience. We are looking for volunteers, drivers, and vehicles to make this event a success!
What is this event?
The Hoosier Outdoor Experience is Indiana’s largest, hands-on outdoor recreation event. Featuring more than 50 activities and 120 grassroots partners, this free weekend provides opportunities to learn about the great Indiana outdoors. (http://www.in.gov/dnr/5009.htm)
We will be giving guests a short ride around a dirt trail. The trail has a few “obstacles” in the form of bumps, rocks, and a few little hills. Not extreme 4-wheeling, but enough to give folks new to the sport a taste.
How can I help?
We have lots of opportunities! The biggest need is for vehicles and drivers. We expect to give HUNDREDS of rides throughout the weekend. To keep the lines short, we need to keep a steady stream of vehicles moving around the trail. Roughly a dozen vehicles should be going at any one time, and a few more “in reserve” will give other drivers a break. We will have two 5-hour shifts on each day, and you can sign up for one or more. See below for driver and vehicle requirements.
What if I don’t have a vehicle? Can I still help?
Of course! We also need volunteers to help with crowd control, loading and unloading (we’ll have a step stool for the taller trucks), trail maintenance, hospitality and volunteers to work our tent. The tent will have a sign-off form for the riders, and information about off-roading in Indiana.
What are the vehicle requirements?
Pretty standard stuff, with a few special requirements for this event. First, we prefer open-top vehicles (Jeeps, Suzukis, H1’s, etc...), especially if the weather is nice. Other unique and interesting vehicles would be great. ANY 4WD vehicle is welcome. Seating for 3 passengers is preferred, though 2-seaters will be put to use. Other requirements:
• Functional seat belts or harnesses for ALL passengers MUST be worn while moving.
• Roll-over protection (cage, bar, or steel roof) over all passengers
• No open headers
• Vehicles may be subject to a brief safety inspection by IFWDA and/or DNR. Any vehicle deemed unsafe will not be allowed on the trail.
How do I volunteer?
In an effort to keep this event coordinated, one of IFWDA’s local clubs (JPFrog Offroaders) is managing the logistics. REGISTRATION LINK AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE. Contact Jeremy Herring or Ryan Sweany for more info.

Unread 07-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #2
Warbossjerry
2013 JK Wrangler 

Like to, but baby is due the week after, no way I will be free.
Warbossjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Warbossjerry
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ended up I'm free and she will help with sign in. Just weed may have to cancel if labor comes then
Unread 09-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
Warbossjerry
2013 JK Wrangler 

It's not very clear where we meet......?
Unread 09-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
jake_blue
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'll be sending out an informational email next week which includes meeting times and location.
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #6
Warbossjerry
2013 JK Wrangler 

Good, I'll bring the little JK. 2 door with soft top.
Unread 09-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I participated (as a spectator) two years ago in this. Fun event, and the wife and I appreciated the drivers that showed up to let the masses ride in their Jeeps. Funny thing, a guy had a two-seat buggy there, and a lot of people seemed to be intimidated to ride in it, so the wife and I took turns. Fun!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
SSR_WRANGLER18
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would love to do this but I have drill that weekend. Sounds like fun.

USAF
SSR_WRANGLER18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.