wheeling at the fountains Crystal lake il - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > wheeling at the fountains Crystal lake il

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-13-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
mitchf350
1997 TJ Wrangler 

wheeling at the fountains Crystal lake il

Is there such a place. I came across somthing posted on craigslist about it. Any one know about this wheeling spot?

Unread 04-13-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
snwchris

Yea theres a place, but it is NOT legal.
Go to either the Badlands 4wd park or Cliff's
snwchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
mitchf350
1997 TJ Wrangler 

damn that sucks! o well i knew it was to good to be true. Badlands here i come!!
Unread 04-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
gatorayde
1999 WJ 

It's not a good idea to go there. A friend I know actually got busted back there, his friend got stuck and his jeep died so they were SOL and the cops showed up and gave them fines. It sucks back there anyway, too many big trucks go there and tear everything up.

I see the listing on craigslist, what a retard...
gatorayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #5
mitchf350
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorayde View Post
It's not a good idea to go there. A friend I know actually got busted back there, his friend got stuck and his jeep died so they were SOL and the cops showed up and gave them fines. It sucks back there anyway, too many big trucks go there and tear everything up.

I see the listing on craigslist, what a retard...
Yeah im not down with illegal wheelin. That gives us a bad name. I Thought maybe it was a new orv park that opened up.
Unread 04-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
iluvtruenos
2000 WJ 

No, the lister is a ****stick, and I promptly emailed him telling him that it's hush-hush.

Either way, it's not as awesome as you think it is. Just google map the address,

965 North Brighton Circle West
Crystal Lake, IL 60012

and do a satellite shot. You'll notice that leading from one of the parking lots is a dirt trail, but once again, it's private property, and not legal.
iluvtruenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #7
heepyjeepy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Agreed. If you get stuck back there most people will give you a day and then they take what they want from your truck. Im a member of the extreme jeep club in mchenry and we went back there with "permission" from the manager and the cops knew ahead of time.
Cliffs and badlands are about your only legal place around here. I was just at the cliffs a few weeks ago and its ok. Lots of big hills and a fair amount of muddin. Its a bit on the small size when compared to badlands. I think our group maybe taking a topless ride down there may 7th or something.

check us out.

www.extremejeepclub.com
heepyjeepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #8
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by heepyjeepy View Post
Agreed. If you get suck back there most people will give you a day and then they take what they want from your truck. Im a member of the extreme jeep club in mchenry and we went back there with "permission" from the manager and the cops knew ahead of time.
Cliffs and badlands are about your only legal place around here. I was just at the cliffs a few weeks ago and its ok. Lots of big hills and a fair amount of muddin. Its a bit on the small size when compared to badlands. I think our group maybe taking a topless ride down there may 9th or something.

check us out.

www.extremejeepclub.com
Fixed for ya....

Yep, We got permission for 1 day to go back there for one of our club charity poker runs.....not really worth the time. IMO. Go to the badlands and have fun ALL DAY.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.