Wheelin buddys? St Charles-Carol Stream area - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Wheelin buddys? St Charles-Carol Stream area

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 02-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #46
perkdiggler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I live in Wheaton and I'm new to jeeping. I have a stock 04 tj. it's my DD but I'm interested in doing some light off roading.

perkdiggler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #47
wranglerjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

There is a place out in woodstock i am interested in going to again, i just cant quite remember where in woodstock it is. Its a big open space, and was very fun when i went there. im trying to plan a day to go down with my buddy ( he know the owner of the property) as soon as i know this ill post in up the this section to invite you guys.

Here is a picture of it in the background. that big sand hill is basically in the middle of it.
Unread 02-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #48
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone on here have a lifted xj and go to college of dupage? Walked out of my class in bloomingdale today to find a muddy xj parked one spot over from me.
1murderedjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 12:54 AM   #49
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerjeep View Post
There is a place out in woodstock i am interested in going to again, i just cant quite remember where in woodstock it is. Its a big open space, and was very fun when i went there. im trying to plan a day to go down with my buddy ( he know the owner of the property) as soon as i know this ill post in up the this section to invite you guys.

Here is a picture of it in the background. that big sand hill is basically in the middle of it.
Update on this? I'm in the area and would love to check it out.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #50
1990JPYJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I am always ready for a wheeling trip to the badlands or the cliffs. I have another buddy who normally comes with me. Send pm if interested.
Unread 09-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #51
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JPYJ View Post
I am always ready for a wheeling trip to the badlands or the cliffs. I have another buddy who normally comes with me. Send pm if interested.
I think we have a couple locals going to Badlands the 3rd week in October. We will be camping and making it a 2 day.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #52
jeepnie87
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerjeep View Post
There is a a nice little area out in bartlett off of sterns and munger road. its a atv path but i like to take my jeep on it. im always down to go tear around back there if any of you guys are.
Think I found this spot this morning. Pretty good! A couple nice hills, a ravine, some loose dirt. I'll definitely be back soon. Thanks for the tip! Got any more?
jeepnie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #53
tigwelder
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That spot off of sterns and munger Rd I noticed they are starting to block off areas. I went down along the treeline off of spitzer and when you get to the other end they blocked off the one path with a load of rocks.
tigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #54
wranglerjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

really? i havnt been back there in forever.. i need to take a cruse back one of these days >.<
Unread 10-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #55
jeepnie87
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yep and the far end of the treeline is blocked by two giant piles. I kind of 'forged' my own way across the ravine haha which involved some pretty nice tree branch scrapes along the top of my hard top. Worth it. Thanks again for the tip wranglerjeep
jeepnie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #56
wranglerjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

No problem. Will keep in touch. I'm done to wheel once i get my transfer case fixed.
Unread 11-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #57
callmelems
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm in Carol Stream across from JSMS. If y'all wanna wheel or cruise with my buddies and I, PM me and I'll give you my number. Btw there's a spot at the end if Lombard Road; it's before the 66 gas station (I believe)
callmelems is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #58
coltonflak12
1998 ZJ 

Dont know if anyone will see this, kinda late, but im in Lombard lookin for some people to do some wheelin and cruisin with, ben to that spot on lombard road lots of fun
coltonflak12 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #59
rrxjeeper71
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1murderedjeep View Post
Where's this place on sterns and munger road, and what's there as far as mud holes? However I shouldn't be doing any illegal wheeling, got in caught here, it was in Bloomingdale. Thank god it was, I was right on the border with carol stream, if any of you guys don't know carol stream cops, they will pull you over for anything and try to get you for anything. I was stuck there for 4 hours and I was almost out when the first cop showed up. They said a tow truck had to pull me out. In the end there was 5 cops, 2 tow trucks, and 2 fire trucks.
First rule, don't wheel alone
second rule, call a friend with a 4x4 before you get caught stuck

I got myself stuck a few times with my 98 Tacoma, back behind the old RV lot off lake St west of rt 59, had to call my buddy with his Tacoma to get me out
thank god no cops could ever see us back there!

Have you guys ever wheeled out in Woodstock, across from Blaines FARM n Fleet of rt 14/47? Used to wheel there(paintball field)
rrxjeeper71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #60
GPERSCREEPERS99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrxjeeper71

First rule, don't wheel alone
second rule, call a friend with a 4x4 before you get caught stuck

I got myself stuck a few times with my 98 Tacoma, back behind the old RV lot off lake St west of rt 59, had to call my buddy with his Tacoma to get me out
thank god no cops could ever see us back there!

Have you guys ever wheeled out in Woodstock, across from Blaines FARM n Fleet of rt 14/47? Used to wheel there(paintball field)
First rule don't go off road and wheel illegally. Especially when you are thanking God cops can't see you. Obviously you know what you were doing was wrong...so why do it?
12 Grand Cherokee Wife's Daily Driver
GPERSCREEPERS99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.