Wheelin buddys? St Charles-Carol Stream area - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Wheelin buddys? St Charles-Carol Stream area

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 10-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #31
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue01jeepxj View Post
Any chance I could get in some of this? I am downtown but if you guys have something out in the Bartlett area, that would be cool. Just got my XJ this summer. No lift, just 235/75/15 M/T tires...Would that make it through anything you guys are doing?
a buddy comes out with us with his stock JK tires all the time and does fine. We are going to redbird this weekend if you are interested in going. Saturday during the day.. also doing a night run.. and then camping out.

Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #32
deadbiker
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey im out in Batavia...I ran into CHASE08 at the gas station the other day,hes an alright dude.I'll be hittin the cliffs in the next couple weeks.
deadbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 11:02 AM   #33
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbiker
Hey im out in Batavia...I ran into CHASE08 at the gas station the other day,hes an alright dude.I'll be hittin the cliffs in the next couple weeks.
We are thinking about hitting the cliffs on November 12th if any of you guys are interested. Prolly be 4 or 5 us there.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 03:23 PM   #34
1SlowStang

If anyone is going to meet up around Elgin or St charles, post up here please. I'd like to find a place to off road or at least chill at and check out. I can't do too much cuz of my work schedule so close places would work best for me
1SlowStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #35
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Hello all! I'm new-ish to the forum and new to owning a jeep, just bought 08 Wrangler 2d about 2 weeks ago. I live out in bartlett if anyone wants to wheel anytime I'm in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerjeep View Post
There is a a nice little area out in bartlett off of sterns and munger road. its a atv path but i like to take my jeep on it. im always down to go tear around back there if any of you guys are.
Pretty decent little place!

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #36
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Where's this place on sterns and munger road, and what's there as far as mud holes? However I shouldn't be doing any illegal wheeling, got in caught here, it was in Bloomingdale. Thank god it was, I was right on the border with carol stream, if any of you guys don't know carol stream cops, they will pull you over for anything and try to get you for anything. I was stuck there for 4 hours and I was almost out when the first cop showed up. They said a tow truck had to pull me out. In the end there was 5 cops, 2 tow trucks, and 2 fire trucks.
image-2143624294.jpg  
1murderedjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #37
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1murderedjeep View Post
Where's this place on sterns and munger road, and what's there as far as mud holes? However I shouldn't be doing any illegal wheeling, got in caught here, it was in Bloomingdale. Thank god it was, I was right on the border with carol stream, if any of you guys don't know carol stream cops, they will pull you over for anything and try to get you for anything. I was stuck there for 4 hours and I was almost out when the first cop showed up. They said a tow truck had to pull me out. In the end there was 5 cops, 2 tow trucks, and 2 fire trucks.
As you are heading west on Stearns you turn right onto Munger (North) and as you head about 1/2-1 mile down you will start to see it open up on the left hand side. I heard if you just stay north of the power lines no one will mess with you because it is private property. I know a buddy that has been there multiple times and has never has any issues. Hopefully that helps.

Unread 02-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #38
Chase08
1999 WJ 

I know the sterile cream cops, I work there and lived there for couple years. Just moved to glen elynn last week and I'm always lookn for sombody to meet. 99 wj flat black with a lime green hood, cb equipped if anybody is out. My wife has been driving it lately but I'm about to steel it back and finish painting the hood and a few other things this weekend
Chase08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #39
wranglerjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I use deliver for the jimmy johns on army trail road lol, I know how ****ty the Carol Stream cops are.

As far as The spot where talking about. it is very hilly, get pretty rough at some parts after it rains. usually when i drive there i just bring some friends pack to post up and chill, its a nice place to be if you ask me. nothing gnarly tho.

The pictures do not represent it to its full potential.

wranglerjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #40
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerjeep

I use deliver for the jimmy johns on army trail road lol, I know how ****ty the Carol Stream cops are.

As far as The spot where talking about. it is very hilly, get pretty rough at some parts after it rains. usually when i drive there i just bring some friends pack to post up and chill, its a nice place to be if you ask me. nothing gnarly tho.

The pictures do not represent it to its full potential.
Looks like a nice place to chill in the summer with the top down. And just to let you know I was stuck behind that Costco on army trail. Haha I know exactly where that jimmy johns is, knew some people that work there.
Unread 02-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #41
wranglerjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks like a nice place to chill in the summer with the top down. And just to let you know I was stuck behind that Costco on army trail. Haha I know exactly where that jimmy johns is, knew some people that work there.
Im always down to cruse around that place. i want to explore it more but i can never find anyone to go with me.
Unread 02-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #42
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I was just at charlestown mall, they have some huge snow piles. Maybe going climbing tomorrow, before it gets all soft again. Btw my mom wasn't to happy from my early mentioned adventure, she says only parks from now on... but parking lot snow piles are fine.
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #43
wranglerjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

noice. im down, imma head over test out the quick disconnects a pit, get some shots.
Unread 02-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #44
wranglerjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Lol for some reason i forgot it was the weekend, and it was packed there (surprisingly)

Got this 1 pick tho, idk what happened to it but it looks cool! i was temped to do some crawlin lol those were some big snow piles.

Unread 02-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #45
Tanimal

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerjeep View Post
Lol for some reason i forgot it was the weekend, and it was packed there (surprisingly)

Got this 1 pick tho, idk what happened to it but it looks cool! i was temped to do some crawlin lol those were some big snow piles.

What lift you have on there and tire size? Going to be lifting mine and putting some new tires on soon.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.