Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Wheelin buddys? St Charles-Carol Stream area

7K views 59 replies 19 participants last post by  GPERSCREEPERS99 
#1 ·
Im on the look out for some wheelin partners. I think it would be much better to cruze around with another jeep or 2.

#34 ·
If anyone is going to meet up around Elgin or St charles, post up here please. I'd like to find a place to off road or at least chill at and check out. I can't do too much cuz of my work schedule so close places would work best for me

#36 ·
Where's this place on sterns and munger road, and what's there as far as mud holes? However I shouldn't be doing any illegal wheeling, got in caught here, it was in Bloomingdale. Thank god it was, I was right on the border with carol stream, if any of you guys don't know carol stream cops, they will pull you over for anything and try to get you for anything. I was stuck there for 4 hours and I was almost out when the first cop showed up. They said a tow truck had to pull me out. In the end there was 5 cops, 2 tow trucks, and 2 fire trucks.

Attachments

#37 ·
As you are heading west on Stearns you turn right onto Munger (North) and as you head about 1/2-1 mile down you will start to see it open up on the left hand side. I heard if you just stay north of the power lines no one will mess with you because it is private property. I know a buddy that has been there multiple times and has never has any issues. Hopefully that helps.

#38 ·
I know the sterile cream cops, I work there and lived there for couple years. Just moved to glen elynn last week and I'm always lookn for sombody to meet. 99 wj flat black with a lime green hood, cb equipped if anybody is out. My wife has been driving it lately but I'm about to steel it back and finish painting the hood and a few other things this weekend

#40 ·
wranglerjeep said:
I use deliver for the jimmy johns on army trail road lol, I know how ****ty the Carol Stream cops are.

As far as The spot where talking about. it is very hilly, get pretty rough at some parts after it rains. usually when i drive there i just bring some friends pack to post up and chill, its a nice place to be if you ask me. nothing gnarly tho.

The pictures do not represent it to its full potential.
Looks like a nice place to chill in the summer with the top down. And just to let you know I was stuck behind that Costco on army trail. Haha I know exactly where that jimmy johns is, knew some people that work there.

#47 ·
There is a place out in woodstock i am interested in going to again, i just cant quite remember where in woodstock it is. Its a big open space, and was very fun when i went there. im trying to plan a day to go down with my buddy ( he know the owner of the property) as soon as i know this ill post in up the this section to invite you guys.

Here is a picture of it in the background. that big sand hill is basically in the middle of it.

#50 ·
I am always ready for a wheeling trip to the badlands or the cliffs. I have another buddy who normally comes with me. Send pm if interested.

#60 ·
rrxjeeper71 said:
First rule, don't wheel alone
second rule, call a friend with a 4x4 before you get caught stuck

I got myself stuck a few times with my 98 Tacoma, back behind the old RV lot off lake St west of rt 59, had to call my buddy with his Tacoma to get me out
thank god no cops could ever see us back there!

Have you guys ever wheeled out in Woodstock, across from Blaines FARM n Fleet of rt 14/47? Used to wheel there(paintball field)
First rule don't go off road and wheel illegally. Especially when you are thanking God cops can't see you. Obviously you know what you were doing was wrong...so why do it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.