Wheelin buddys? St Charles-Carol Stream area - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Illinois Jeep Forum > Wheelin buddys? St Charles-Carol Stream area

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 10-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #16
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Chase.. sounds to me like the gearing needs an overhaul kit. Did the person who regeared it know what he was doing? That's one of those things that needs to be precise or goofy stuff will happen.

Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #17
Chase08
1999 WJ 

Lol I don't think dude knew what he was doin but it's a new ring and pinion he said it's a loud whining high pitch hum
Chase08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #18
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Haven't seen it but I love the flat black I was worried you were this guy and I have made fun of his jeep on here.
image-2989658916.jpg  
1murderedjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #19
wranglerjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1murderedjeep View Post
Haven't seen it but I love the flat black I was worried you were this guy and I have made fun of his jeep on here.
looks pretty sick. lol not sure how to make fun of it.
Unread 10-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #20
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerjeep

looks pretty sick. lol not sure how to make fun of it.
Stock axles, horrible drive shaft angles, top never taken. Probably because it to tall. Haha and never gets dirty. It does look pretty good though just not built to wheel.
Unread 10-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #21
wranglerjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

you guys know any good local wheeling? i would love to go to my little spot with another jeep or 2 some day.
Unread 10-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #22
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerjeep
you guys know any good local wheeling? i would love to go to my little spot with another jeep or 2 some day.
What are you talking about, construction sites? The only real spot is the cliffs.
Unread 10-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #23
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Don't let people scare you about the cliffs. There's a lot of guys (mostly on other forums) That say the cliffs sucks because the trails are "too tight" or you run the risk of getting "body damage" too easily. 1) I went to the cliffs for the first time a month ago and had a blast. Needed a change from the badlands and that was a decent option. We camped out there and ran the trails at night and had an even better time. 2) if you are worried about damage... why the hell would you wheel it at all?

It honestly isn't that bad. We had a Guy with us running a cummins diesel truck and he made it through the trails just fine. Some people just have no clue how to drive.
Unread 10-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #24
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981
Don't let people scare you about the cliffs. There's a lot of guys (mostly on other forums) That say the cliffs sucks because the trails are "too tight" or you run the risk of getting "body damage" too easily. 1) I went to the cliffs for the first time a month ago and had a blast. Needed a change from the badlands and that was a decent option. We camped out there and ran the trails at night and had an even better time. 2) if you are worried about damage... why the hell would you wheel it at all?

It honestly isn't that bad. We had a Guy with us running a cummins diesel truck and he made it through the trails just fine. Some people just have no clue how to drive.
That is so true. All the trails have ruts that are perfect for the jeep width and you stay in the ruts and you will not hit trees. So spots do get a little tight but that's on the hardcore trail or if you get on to a atv path. I haven't had anybody damage there.
Unread 10-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #25
SaharryMoe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If you go to the Cliffs watch out for this hole on trail #1 (easiest). I could've went around, but wth I had to try to get thru it... lol I ended up going down further instead up forward or back, so we pulled the winch.
trail-1-pic-two.jpg  
SaharryMoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #26
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharryMoe View Post
If you go to the Cliffs watch out for this hole on trail #1 (easiest). I could've went around, but wth I had to try to get thru it... lol I ended up going down further instead up forward or back, so we pulled the winch.
lol.. I love that hole!
Unread 10-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #27
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1murderedjeep View Post
That is so true. All the trails have ruts that are perfect for the jeep width and you stay in the ruts and you will not hit trees. So spots do get a little tight but that's on the hardcore trail or if you get on to a atv path. I haven't had anybody damage there.
That was actually the worse part about it for me! those ruts are so deep in spots.. its like you dont even need a steering wheel and are on a roller coaster.. it just takes you wherever it wants to go. Part of my day i spent trying to steer out of the ruts but it was next to impossible!
Unread 10-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #28
SaharryMoe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickit1981 View Post
That was actually the worse part about it for me! those ruts are so deep in spots.. its like you dont even need a steering wheel and are on a roller coaster.. it just takes you wherever it wants to go. Part of my day i spent trying to steer out of the ruts but it was next to impossible!
LoL! Ive made it thru that section before, but i didnt have enough momentum this time... I'm working on a couple two tree tings for the jeep. After that it shouldn't happen again... Although, I must say it wasn't that bad at all. I pulled my winch and was out in about ten to fifteen minutes.... No big deal. FUN!
SaharryMoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #29
blue01jeepxj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Any chance I could get in some of this? I am downtown but if you guys have something out in the Bartlett area, that would be cool. Just got my XJ this summer. No lift, just 235/75/15 M/T tires...Would that make it through anything you guys are doing?
blue01jeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #30
1murderedjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue01jeepxj View Post
Any chance I could get in some of this? I am downtown but if you guys have something out in the Bartlett area, that would be cool. Just got my XJ this summer. No lift, just 235/75/15 M/T tires...Would that make it through anything you guys are doing?
ya stock tires are fine at the cliffs. There is a main trail at is easy and has mud hole options off to the sides.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.